• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember back when I joined the Reserves when I was 16 it took me 9 months to finally get in. I'm just now remembering how annoying the wait was, but rest assure guys that once your in it doesn't seem like you ever have time off. Enjoy the free time while it lasts haha! Hopfully the next 3 days and into next week pays off finally for all of us.
:camo: ;)

Good Afternoon...

I'm feeling a tad deflated. My son emailed his file manager today to just do a update and ask if she had any idea when selections would take place for his trade (Air Structure Tech). She's not a very warm file manager.... however she does get back to him via email, so that is a positive. The news was not what we wanted to hear ....this is a sum up of how it went:
Good day, you've been merit listed. There was just a selection and you weren't chosen for a job offer. We don't know when the next selections might be. We will contact you when and If we have a job offer for you.

Congrats on your graduation.

File Mgr....

So, looks like he wasn't selected for the last selections that just took place. It is very upsetting as we where so hoping he'd be off to basic training after graduation. The wait is so frustrating, and I admit that email just made me want to shed a few tears...it sounded so discouraging.  He hasn't been waiting too long..... His first contact, interview (March 6) Medical (March 6) reference checks (April) and merit Listing (beginning May) went very fast..... it looked so promising. Now I am wondering if he really will have a chance at getting into his trade with little lexperience (Just graduating grade 12 in 2 weeks). It's what he's really wanted for 2 yrs. It looked very positive there for awhile, his interview went well, and everyone he talked to at the RC said , it's a trade in need , it looked good for him. I am trying to keep a positive outlook for my son and encourage him to not give up hope. It's hard not knowing when/ or if you will get a call, it can really be frustrating not having that prize at the end of all the hard work of processing. He really worked hard to make a good impression and I'd love to see him realize his dream. Not making this round of selections makes me wonder how his standing is on the merit list..... it's hard not knowing.
I Just had to vent somewhere where I know there are others who will understand the sadness and frustration of not making this round of selections. However, there's not much we can do but encourage him to brush himself off, and not lose hope..... hopefully next time will be his time :)

I am sorry for your son.. But he only choose 1 trade : Air Structure Tech ?

Zulopol said:
I am sorry for your son.. But he only choose 1 trade : Air Structure Tech ?
Hi :) That is the only trade he wanted along with Traffic Tech/ however they told him after the CFAT that they would continue processing for Air Structure Tech if he wanted to proceed. He said definitely, yes he'd like to ....then at the interview, they started asking him questions about Traffic Tech too, he knew some stuff about the trade, but thought they weren't letting him proceed with that choice, so he only really studied up on Air Structure Tech. However, they decided to ask the questions for both trades anyway since he was there..... now, I am not sure if he was merit listed for both, that is a question we have into the file manager today, after her dissapointing news about the recent selections..... It would be nice to know for sure, is he only merit listed for ACS or for both traffic tech and ACS..... we await her response.

Keep in mind that they can only load  so many people on a BMQ course, and your sons chosen trade is only one of many that require people.  There will be more courses and as they pick their way through the list in the future I am sure his number will come up. It is rather out of the file managers hands at this point until they receieve an offer to process. 

d_edwards said:
Keep in mind that they can only load  so many people on a BMQ course, and your sons chosen trade is only one of many that require people.  There will be more courses and as they pick their way through the list in the future I am sure his number will come up. It is rather out of the file managers hands at this point until they receieve an offer to process.

This, all youve gotta do is be patient and hope for the next selection date.

Its possible that your sons Competative but it could be also that the trade(s) he selected might not be hiring that many people.

Just gotta take everything with a grain of salt.

He should look for a job right now though if he doesnt already have one as it could be some time before your sons trades open up again.

Thank you all so much! You've made me feel much better! I will keep the hope :)

I was merit listed just last Friday, he told me my trade selection was June 2nd. Do they call day of? Day later? Or have I missed this selection date? Thanks!

Foster007 said:
I was merit listed just last Friday, he told me my trade selection was June 2nd. Do they call day of? Day later? Or have I missed this selection date? Thanks!

Which trade would that be, if you don't mind me asking. And it can take a couple weeks before they finish calling everyone to my belief

Foster007 said:

Most (if not all) of the current contributors to this thread are still waiting on word for the may 26th selections...

Give it about a week and a half before you start getting worried..

Maybe I missed it, but I checked every page... Does anyone know when selection dates are for the trades I picked? they're in my signature?

Fox87 said:
Maybe I missed it, but I checked every page... Does anyone know when selection dates are for the trades I picked? they're in my signature?

If youre atill waiting on a medical and interview, you arent merit listed.

I wouldnt worry so much now about the selection date as you should be about getting your file merit list ready. (medical and interview)

Just call the recruiter and ask to schedule the nearest date for a medical and interview. Call weekly for these since they have to schedule the med tech to be in and/or free for the medical.

steiner0400 said:
If youre atill waiting on a medical and interview, you arent merit listed.

I wouldn't worry so much now about the selection date as you should be about getting your file merit list ready. (medical and interview)

Just call the recruiter and ask to schedule the nearest date for a medical and interview. Call weekly for these since they have to schedule the med tech to be in and/or free for the medical.

Going to stop you right there, the way processing works now it doesn't work like that. At least that's what my File Manager has told me.

AlphaBravo said:
Going to stop you right there, the way processing works now it doesn't work like that. At least that's what my File Manager has told me.

Veering off topic but in what sense has it changed?

Not sure how one can become merit listed without being deemed physically healthy and characteristically fit for the roles applied for.

Unless you were referring to the medical and interview sxheduling? In that case, fill me in. I like to learn.

steiner0400 said:
Veering off topic but in what sense has it changed?

Not sure how one can become merit listed without being deemed physically healthy and characteristically fit for the roles applied for.

Unless you were referring to the medical and interview sxheduling? In that case, fill me in. I like to learn.

I was talking about scheduled dates about medical and interview. I was told by my file manager that the way processing is now not everyone gets a medical and interview. After the CFAT they decide whether or not they're going to process you further, and that's even if you qualified for your trades. If you qualify for your trades but are deemed not competitive enough they offer other trades or tell you that they will not be continuing processing.

In my case I am still being processed, and I am waiting for a medical and interview scheduled date, I just can't call them up and ask for a medical and interview scheduled date.... I have to wait for my file manager to contact me.

AlphaBravo said:
I was talking about scheduled dates about medical and interview. I was told by my file manager that the way processing is now not everyone gets a medical and interview. After the CFAT they decide whether or not they're going to process you further, and that's even if you qualified for your trades. If you qualify for your trades but are deemed not competitive enough they offer other trades or tell you that they will not be continuing processing.

In my case I am still being processed, and I am waiting for a medical and interview scheduled date, I just can't call them up and ask for a medical and interview scheduled date.... I have to wait for my file manager to contact me.

Well then, either way with that being said what I stated still holds true, if you havent completed a medical and interview than youre not merit listed.

For those still waiting patiently I spoke with my CFRC(Winnipeg) earlier today(Tues. June 3rd) and I was told they haven't got wind of anything yet for may 26th selections. I'm not sure what that translates to for the rest of you in different cities but sounds like selections haven't went out yet at least not here they haven't.

chimo2u said:
Good Afternoon...

I'm feeling a tad deflated. My son emailed his file manager today to just do a update and ask if she had any idea when selections would take place for his trade (Air Structure Tech). There was just a selection and you weren't chosen for a job offer. We don't know when the next selections might be. We will contact you when and If we have a job offer for you.

13 Aug.....

Is there a reason that recruiting centers like to keep this information to themselves? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back