• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck_HRA said:
The numbers available to me today are that over 50% of the DEO MARS positions remain open and just over 25% of the DEO AEC positions remain open.

Hello Buck_HRA and anyone else who may have an input,

I have applied for AEC and about 3 weeks ago it was indicated to me that my application is awaiting an air factor - which usually takes 2-3 months. Furthermore, I was told by the processing clerk that she knows that the RMO has my file and is reviewing it. After all this it would be forwarded for selection/competition for an offer.

Would you agree with her time estimate of 2-3 months? Also, how busy are military counsellors (with Captain ranking)? I was interviewed by a military counsellor but the follow-up was made by the processing clerk. Somehow this confused me as to who would be best to contact if I wanted to follow-up on my application. Basically I want to get an idea how competitive my application is and if so when might I expect to start should I sign the offer.

Your response would be appreciated.

Have a great day!

jollibee said:
Would you agree with her time estimate of 2-3 months?
Sounds about right, your  most trusted source of information the recruiting centre you're enrolling at.  While I have an intimate knowledge of the recruiting centre, I do not work at a CFRC so if they're estimating a return timeline of 2-3 months - then it's probably 2-3 months.

jollibee said:
Also, how busy are military counsellors (with Captain ranking)?
Depends on the CFRC - I imagine the MCC in Toronto is likely ALOT more busy than the MCC in Cornerbrook.  It also depends on time of year; sometimes they're busier than other times.

jollibee said:
who would be best to contact if I wanted to follow-up on my application
Unless someone has stated "contact me if you have follow up questions" you are best to contact the CFRC main phone number where you are recruiting through.
http://www.forces.ca/en/centres/findarecruiter-110

Hello Buck,

I have applied for Aerospace Control Officer DEO. I just wanted some advice beyond based on and beyond what I've heard from recruitment centre emails and phone calls.

The last email I received mentioned this:

"Thank you for your interest in joining the Canadian Armed Forces. The CAF is proud to be an employer of choice for many Canadians. We receive a high volume of applications for many of our occupations. This includes the one(s) you have selected.  As a result, your file has been placed on a temporary hold for further processing."

Upon receiving this email I immediately called the recruitment centre in Ottawa and they told me that my file is in good standing, a good application...simply that it is very slow at the moment in terms of interview/medicals. I was told I am Phase "Ready Stage 2" and it is simply a matter of receiving the go ahead from Borden to further process my file.

I am going against my girlfriends advice as she says to stay off the forums and just wait it out. I just want to know your perspective on what I've been told as you have great knowledge in the application/recruitment area.

Timeline wise: 

I passed ACST for AEC in mid April.
The further processing email was early July.

Thank you for your time sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Buck,

Would you happen to know how many positions for ACS TECH are left ?

Thanks again for all the help

colinreid16 said:
Hello Buck,

I have applied for Aerospace Control Officer DEO. I just wanted some advice beyond based on and beyond what I've heard from recruitment centre emails and phone calls.

The last email I received mentioned this:

"Thank you for your interest in joining the Canadian Armed Forces. The CAF is proud to be an employer of choice for many Canadians. We receive a high volume of applications for many of our occupations. This includes the one(s) you have selected.  As a result, your file has been placed on a temporary hold for further processing."

Upon receiving this email I immediately called the recruitment centre in Ottawa and they told me that my file is in good standing, a good application...simply that it is very slow at the moment in terms of interview/medicals. I was told I am Phase "Ready Stage 2" and it is simply a matter of receiving the go ahead from Borden to further process my file.

I am going against my girlfriends advice as she says to stay off the forums and just wait it out. I just want to know your perspective on what I've been told as you have great knowledge in the application/recruitment area.

Timeline wise: 

I passed ACST for AEC in mid April.
The further processing email was early July.

Thank you for your time sir

Processing holds can happen for a variety of reasons.

One is detachment capacity, that is the various CFRCs can only administer so many files at any given time.  So once their capacity is reached all other files are placed on a temporary hold until capacity opens up.

Another reason is that starting this time of year there are less DEO positions remaining open.  What ends up happening is that anyone prior to a certain point in the recruiting process has their file put on hold based on a ratio.  Normally it's a 3:1 or 2:1 ratio, what that means is that if there's still 10 positions open, then they look at where the "closest" 30 files are in relation to the "Competition List", anyone that is not to that point in the process has their file put on hold.

Knowing that the AEC occupation doesn't have very many positions remaining open and the fact that you've stated your file is in "Ready Step 2" I would be willing to bet that the reason for your hold is the 2nd reason I stated above.

Theo99 said:
Hey Buck,

Would you happen to know how many positions for ACS TECH are left ?

Thanks again for all the help
As of today's date, for ACS Tech (Unskilled) there are approximately 80% of the positions still open for selection.

Buck_HRA said:
Processing holds can happen for a variety of reasons.

One is detachment capacity, that is the various CFRCs can only administer so many files at any given time.  So once their capacity is reached all other files are placed on a temporary hold until capacity opens up.

Another reason is that starting this time of year there are less DEO positions remaining open.  What ends up happening is that anyone prior to a certain point in the recruiting process has their file put on hold based on a ratio.  Normally it's a 3:1 or 2:1 ratio, what that means is that if there's still 10 positions open, then they look at where the "closest" 30 files are in relation to the "Competition List", anyone that is not to that point in the process has their file put on hold.

Knowing that the AEC occupation doesn't have very many positions remaining open and the fact that you've stated your file is in "Ready Step 2" I would be willing to bet that the reason for your hold is the 2nd reason I stated above.

And if I am most likely situated in the 2nd scenario, you would assume I may not be selected during this AEC selection period?

If that be the case, when is the next selection?

Thank you Buck

Greetings,

Looking for information on Aerospace Control Operator.  Are the next selection dates set and how many positions are still available for this year?

Thank you

colinreid16 said:
And if I am most likely situated in the 2nd scenario, you would assume I may not be selected during this AEC selection period?
If that be the case, when is the next selection?
For anyone that is placed on hold because they are not far enough in the process they likely won't be removed from that "hold" until the CAF starts processing files for the 2018/2019 recruiting year.

Titicboom said:
Looking for information on Aerospace Control Operator.  Are the next selection dates set and how many positions are still available for this year?
As of today's date, for Aeorspace Control Op there are approximately 75% of the positions still open for selection.

Hey Buck, so I was informed the other week there that I was on the Ready for Competition list. I am just wondering how long does one stay on this list until being moved to the actual Merit List? I do know that there is selection on the 16th and the 30th of this month. I am just hoping to be moved over, but basically I just wanna know what the deal is with the "Ready For Comp List".

Hi Everyone ,
I was also told sélection dates were on 16 August ... But the best thing happened this am !! I got a position offered  as Med Tech and Will be swearing in  october 3rd and i Will be in St-Jean on october 14th 2017 20h max (hihi) on a french Platoon . See you soon :)

Hey Buck,

Has the august DEO selection happened, to your knowledge? I've called my recruitment center and they've said that there haven't been many selections happening, so I'm wondering if there is going to be one large one soonish.

Sorry for my recent hiatus on this thread; I've been sick and today is my first day back online.  With that said onto some answers...

FinnO25 said:
Hey Buck, so I was informed the other week there that I was on the Ready for Competition list. I am just wondering how long does one stay on this list until being moved to the actual Merit List? I do know that there is selection on the 16th and the 30th of this month. I am just hoping to be moved over, but basically I just wanna know what the deal is with the "Ready For Comp List".

As soon as you are "Ready for Competition List" you will be moved into the "Competition List" at the next Selection.  Just prior to the Selection happening, the CFRG HQ Selections Team goes through the "Ready for Competition List" individuals and does a final check of their file and then moves them to the "Competition List" as long as everything is ok.  If there is an issue they let the CFRC know and the CFRC in turn contacts you to get the information that is required.

Mcyn said:
Hi Everyone ,
I was also told sélection dates were on 16 August ... But the best thing happened this am !! I got a position offered  as Med Tech and Will be swearing in  october 3rd and i Will be in St-Jean on october 14th 2017 20h max (hihi) on a french Platoon . See you soon :)

Congrats on your Offer of Employment.  Best of luck on BMQ!

weltgeist said:
Has the august DEO selection happened, to your knowledge? I've called my recruitment center and they've said that there haven't been many selections happening, so I'm wondering if there is going to be one large one soonish.

From the information available to me at the moment, an August DEO Selection has not occurred yet. The tentative date for the August Selection was moved to 23-Aug-17; please keep in mind that it can take 7-10 business days from a Selection date for a CFRC to receive notification that someone in their Area has been selected.

So I was informed by email that my airfactor of 4was finally granted on July 31st...... After submitting everything in early march, which held up my application for MARS and AEC. Hopefully now my file is marked as ready and I get a coveted job offer sometime soon.

EpicBeardedMan said:
Any idea on the numbers for comms rsrch ops needed still?

Approximately 50% of the Projected Intake for FY 17/18 is still remaining as of today's date for Comm Rsch (Unskilled)

Buck_HRA said:
Approximately 50% of the Projected Intake for FY 17/18 is still remaining as of today's date for Comm Rsch (Unskilled)

Would you happen to have any idea for Combat Engineer / Artillery??

Thanks

Hello Buck,

Is there any updated news on ROTP Pilot selection dates and open spots?

Thanks!

andychun1216 said:
Is there any updated news on ROTP Pilot selection dates and open spots?

As far as I've been informed the ROTP Campaign for 2017/2018 is now closed and no further offers will be generated. 
With that said, double check with your CFRC to find out where you are in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back