• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone

Anyone happen to know the number or percentage of positions still open in 2017/2018 for Boatswain and ACISS?

Thanks!

Swan227 said:
Hello Buck_HRA & All.

Can you (Buck_HRA) please state the percent available positions for AERE and CELE Officer, if still open for 2017/18? I have been on the competition list for a few months now and have not received "the call". Also, if I am selected and my RC does call me, they will leave a voicemail, correct?

Greatly appreciative.
AERE (DEO) - approx 25% of positions are still remaining as of today's date
CELE (DEO) - approx 75% of positions are still remaining as of today's date

war2001v said:
Hey Buck_HRA, do you by any chance know when they will be hiring artillery NCM's?
EDIT: Forgot to mention, I was asking about Primary Reserves.
The PRes is in charge of their own hiring, you would need to reach out to the Reserve Unit that you wish to join to find out what their dates are for hiring/training.

Ironheader said:
Hello Everyone

Anyone happen to know the number or percentage of positions still open in 2017/2018 for Boatswain and ACISS?

Thanks!
BOSN - less than 10% of positions are still remaining as of today's date
ACISS - approx 65% of positions are still remaining as of today's date (it looks like ACISS is part of the selection that is happening this week)

Buck_HRA said:
AERE (DEO) - approx 25% of positions are still remaining as of today's date
CELE (DEO) - approx 75% of positions are still remaining as of today's date
The PRes is in charge of their own hiring, you would need to reach out to the Reserve Unit that you wish to join to find out what their dates are for hiring/training.
BOSN - less than 10% of positions are still remaining as of today's date
ACISS - approx 65% of positions are still remaining as of today's date (it looks like ACISS is part of the selection that is happening this week)
Thanks Buck! That's great too know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck_HRA said:
There is indeed a selection that is occurring this week, they were preparing for it today and it's happening tomorrow. 
I'm not 100% sure which occupations are up for selection, but I know for fact that there is a selection.

Good day Buck, do you know if Infantry DEO, Armour DEO or Artillery DEO were among the occupations that were up for selection? Much obliged.

I'm interested in the number of positions open for W Eng Tech and Mar Tech. Any estimates would be greatly appreciated

Hi Buck,

Could you also provide me with an update on whether or not a selection had been made for Construction Engineering Officers (DEO) and how many positions still remain open for this trade?

Kindest regards,
wnhan

Hi Buck,

Could you please let me know if EME officer (DEO) offers were given from the recent selection and how many positions are still available? Thanks!

Hi Buck !!
Just take time to thank you. You were right a selection occured last Thursday. I got THE call this morning. Thank you for all your precious help.

carpeboi said:
Hi Buck !!
Just take time to thank you. You were right a selection occured last Thursday. I got THE call this morning. Thank you for all your precious help.

Congrats, man. Exactly a year on the dot.

For those asking about DEO selections.  Last week was mainly NCM (there were a few DEO, but not many) selections.
Next planned DEO selection will be for January; and still may not be that many due to limited space on Basic Training courses for Officers.

Buck_HRA said:
For those asking about DEO selections.  Last week was mainly NCM (there were a few DEO, but not many) selections.
Next planned DEO selection will be for January; and still may not be that many due to limited space on Basic Training courses for Officers.

Thanks for the update Buck.

Buck_HRA said:

Thanks, Buck.

Carpeboi getting the good news really got my hopes up. As for everyone else best of luck on the Jan selection.

Hello,

I was wondering when the selection dates for LogO (first choice) and HCA (second choice) are (for DEO)? I can graduate University this summer (end of July) with a general Bachelor's of Business Administration (without specialization), or next winter (end of December) with Finance specialization.

If one of the trades should still be open by the beginning of August I could just get BBA without specialization instead of waiting another year before enrolling. However, if both trades should be closed by the beginning of August then there is no point of getting a general BBA instead of one with Finance specialization since I would have to wait another year before enrolling anyway...

AlexXavier said:
Hello,

I was wondering when the selection dates for LogO (first choice) and HCA (second choice) are (for DEO)? I can graduate University this summer (end of July) with a general Bachelor's of Business Administration (without specialization), or next winter (end of December) with Finance specialization.

If one of the trades should still be open by the beginning of August I could just get BBA without specialization instead of waiting another year before enrolling. However, if both trades should be closed by the beginning of August then there is no point of getting a general BBA instead of one with Finance specialization since I would have to wait another year before enrolling anyway...

Look here:

https://army.ca/forums/threads/125930.0.html

Please note that I will not be answering questions revolving how many positions remain for occupations between 21-December-2017 and 7-January-2018.  I will still be on the board during my Christmas Break to answer other questions but I will not have access to Intake Numbers or Positions remaining during that time frame.

Thank you all for your understanding during that time frame.

Hi Buck,

EME DEO didn't seem to have any candidates selected recently. Is there a chance that the remaining positions will be filled by the end of this fiscal year? Or when the next BMOQ is confirmed?
I've considered adding SIGS to my trades at the expense of being removed from the competition list till re interview but my recruiting centre strongly suggested against this.

Thanks,

mechabot said:
Hi Buck,

EME DEO didn't seem to have any candidates selected recently. Is there a chance that the remaining positions will be filled by the end of this fiscal year? Or when the next BMOQ is confirmed?
I've considered adding SIGS to my trades at the expense of being removed from the competition list till re interview but my recruiting centre strongly suggested against this.

Thanks,
Yes the EME DEO positions will be filled by end of FY; for those that are on the competition list it appears that there will be a possible selection on 18 January; and a possible 2nd on 31-January.  Ultimately it's your decision if you'd like to be considered for Sigs but there are more positions remaining for EME for FY 17/18 than there are Sigs.

Hi Buck

I have been following this thread for awhile now and seems like you are very quick in replying and great help. I wanted to share my situation with you and see if you would be able to give me some input.

I am applying for AEC and I had submitted all my medical reports to my local recruiting centre last month. They had told me that my file has been send to Ottawa for air factor evaluation before Christmas. Until my air factor is awarded I wouldn't be put on the competition list.

I was wondering if there are still available positions for AEC for year 17/18? Given that I do not yet have my air factor awarded would I be selected for year 17/18 or I would have to wait for 18/19 recruitment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back