• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Server Hosting 2017

Thanks for your patience all, the bulk of the server migration is now complete. I did not intend to have it done until next week, but today I realized the interim architecture I had was generating much higher traffic costs due to some routing that needed to be in place between the old and new systems. Short version: waiting was going to cost me, probably a lot.

Please let me know if you discover any problems. It was a significant change, so we are likely to have some rough spots. However as an upside, the new infrastructure is [slightly] more efficient, secure, and cost effective.

Mike,
I found a part of the site that is still down: http://army.ca/wiki/

MCG said:
Mike,
I found a part of the site that is still down: http://army.ca/wiki/

Thanks. Put in a quick fix, but logins to the Wiki are not (yet) working.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Thanks. Put in a quick fix, but logins to the Wiki are not (yet) working.
And it seems down again.

Been getting lots of "can't connect" and "server too busy" messages lately.

Donation sent.

Mike, thanks for your efforts at keeping this site a daily oasis for so many!

MCG said:
And it seems down again.

Wiki is fixed again, thanks.

Kat Stevens said:
Been getting lots of "can't connect" and "server too busy" messages lately.

I'm tracking a variety of issues here... unfortunately it's not one cause or problem but several (php module crash, server hang, and server overload). Looking into each as time permits, hopefully I can get at least one off the list this week.

Simian Turner said:
Donation sent.

Mike, thanks for your efforts at keeping this site a daily oasis for so many!

Thanks, it is greatly appreciated!

Mike Bobbitt said:
Wiki is fixed again, thanks.
Thank you.  Now you probably want to lock it against edits until you relink to site profiles.  It appears to be filling with a lot of spam.

Thanks. It will be easier to roll it back to a previous version than to fix it. And by "easier" I mean only a couple hours of work vs. many hours of tedious rollbacks. Thanks, random Internet jerks. :-*

A reminder that donations and subscriptions help keep this place going.

Back