• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sgt. Scott Shipway Killed 7 Wounded- Sept 7/ 2008

RIP, Sgt. Shipway.  Our condolences to your family and friends.  :salute:

Been playing ostrich all weekend....didn't know about this until I got to work this morning and saw Scott's face on the front page....

A keyboard cannot possibly convey the feelings I have right now..

RIP Sgt Shipway  :salute:
Speedy recovery to the wounded...
..damn...

Wook

Rest in peace Sgt Shipway

Condolences to Family, friends & comrades

At the going down of the sun,
and in the morn,
We will remember them!

CHIMO!
:salute:

Our condolences to family friends and comrades of the good Sarge  :cdn:

RIP soldier! You most certainly led by example and after reading the story about your tour in '06, at least one man owes you for saving his life.

Scott,
I got alot of respect for you!!!
The Metallica concert we went to in 97 in Calgary had to be one of the funniest moments ever.
Take care my friend. You will never be forgotten.
Canada has lost one of her sons. The PPCLI has lost another fine soldier.
I'll miss you buds.

TOW TRIPOD

RIP brave son, you've done you're duty and now you've passed on the baton.  To the wounded a full and speedy recovery and God's blessings :cdnsalute:

Another sad day.
RIP Sgt we will never forget you. Speedy recovery to the wounded.
:cdn:

3rd Horseman

Media Advisory
Our Fallen Soldier Returns Home

LFCA MA 08-014 - September 9, 2008

OTTAWA – Our fallen soldier, Sergeant Prescott Shipway, an infantryman with the Second Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry based in Shilo, Manitoba, returns home to Canada tomorrow.

Where: 8 Wing, Canadian Forces Base Trenton, Ontario.
When: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
What: At the wishes of the families, media will be permitted on the tarmac.

Present to pay their respects will be Her Excellency, The Governor General of Canada and Commander-in-Chief of Canada, The Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, Minister of National Defence, The Honourable Peter MacKay, Chief of the Defence Staff, General Walt Natynczyk and other dignitaries.

Sergeant Shipway was killed after his armoured vehicle struck an improvised explosive device during a security patrol in Panjwayi District, September 7, 2008 at approximately 12:30 p.m., Kandahar time. Seven other soldiers were injured in the incident.

-30-

Note to Editors/News Directors: Interested media must contact Captain Mark Peebles, 8 Wing/CFB Trenton Public Affairs Officer, who can be reached at (613) 392-2811, ext. 2041, (613) 243-6358 (mobile), or at: peebles.ma@forces.gc.ca.

Inquiries regarding the deceased or the funeral ceremony may be addressed to the Land Force Western Area Headquarters Public Affairs Officer, at cell phone (780) 719-8721 or (780) 973-4011 extension 1942 during normal working hours.

For all other queries, please contact the Media Liaison Office at (866) 377-0811. For flight information, please contact the Air Passenger Terminal at 1-800-487-1186.

Back