• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

shooting, crosss and crowns ...finaly

mcpl_spunky

Inactive
Reaction score
I went shooting this sunday and I finally got my cross and crowns yay my work and sore elboes finally  paid off.

congrats. about 2 years ago i was on my corps rifle team. i got my cross rifles but i never got the crown. i hav been far to busy with other things at my corp to try and get them. olthough it would loot really nice under my other 5 badges on my sleve ;)

TomGledhill said:
We are all very impressed and wish that we could have equal skills in the bragging department. A simple congratulations to the cadet who created the topic for recognition would have done just fine. So congratulations Mcpl.

Tom Gledhill

were you saying i was bragging? because i was not.   i put that in as a little joke hence the winking smiley. sorry if you are a little uptight.

i just thought that putting a little something there besides   Congratulations might have been better.

well congrats to you, MCpl

i was awarded my crossed rifles with crown back in 2001, and have been involved with my corps' shooting team since 2000, although we never made it anywhere, it was still fun and good practice

when i transferred to my new corps in october, they made me the Team Captain right away

Congratulations: my First Class Marksman will do me just fine, myself. :)

Great work, my friend.

Congrats, i got mine a bout 2 years back in basic marksman.... still havnt got it when i think about it. >:(

Congrats to all of you, I am a Expert marksman, trying to get his distingushed. A month ago my Corp participated in the regional zone shoot, we came third with a team score of 1407! We had the third highest score in eastern Ont, Soon we are going to provincials. Any tips this is only my second year in Cadets and my corps shooting team. Thanks!
UBIQUE!!!!

Man I really can't shoot and would like some help at it. Do any of you have advice on shooting? :threat:

TomGledhill said:
Well, it seemed liked bragging, and a congratulations was all crow was likely looking for not a list of your own accomplishments. Sorry for being a hard bum, donkey, intelligent bum. What ever you would like to call me. I hope you gain more accomplishments in your cadet career. I just didn't feel like hearing them when I was on a post for someones else's accomplishments.

Tom Gledhill

Edited for language.

i think the majority of everyone are sharing there accomplishments in the cadets i never said exactly what accomplishments i had expert for my marksman (the lowest one). so i am just as guilty as everyone else.

but lets end this bickering and stay on topic

:salute: :cdn:

cursedhighlander said:
Man I really can't shoot and would like some help at it. Do any of you have advice on shooting? :threat:
My best advice is to practice shooting as often as possible, if your corps has any rifle coach's get one of them to help you with your breathing and shooting technique.

-Hutch- said:
i think the majority of everyone are sharing there accomplishments in the cadets i never said exactly what accomplishments i had expert for my marksman (the lowest one). so i am just as guilty as everyone else.

but lets end this bickering and stay on topic

:salute: :cdn:
It is good to be proud of your accomplishments and qualifications, but certificates badges medals and pins aren't what make you a respectable leader.

Zedic_1913 said:
It is good to be proud of your accomplishments and qualifications, but certificates badges medals and pins aren't what make you a respectable leader.

well they could make you more respected by some younger cadets but they dont nessaserily make you a better leader and i never said they did.

has there been a post for cadets to write about there qualifications and awards? and dont you think i would be interesting to see? i do any way.

-Hutch- said:
well they could make you more respected by some younger cadets
True, that respect is created out of admiration and some intimidation ... over time though they respect their leaders for their actions and abilities.

-Hutch- said:
i never said they did.
I'm aware you didn't say that ... I was just explaining because I have seen many senior NCOs that feel that because they have the courses, qualifications, or badges ... that they merit a promotion/appointment that they don't have the practical experience for ... not meant to be an attack on you.

-Hutch- said:
has there been a post for cadets to write about there qualifications and awards? and dont you think i would be interesting to see? i do any way.
There hasn't been that I have seen either, try the search tool ... or if you so desire create the thread.

so me and you are on the same line of thought than. ill do a serch and if nothing pops up than you will see a new thread

cursedhighlander said:
the best thing you can do is practice, practice, practice

i took the rifle coaching course in 2001, and have been involved with my corps shooting team for about 5 years now, if you wanna give me a ring,m send me a PM and i can try to help :)

if you wanna give me a ring,m send me a PM and i can try to help

What do you mean by PM?

Back