• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Should Canada go Nuclear???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanuckTroop

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Canada has the resources and the technology to become a nuclear power within a matter of months to a year. In reality this is the only means by which we can "deter" US and other Nuclear armed nation's aggression. Should that country decide they need our water, oil, minerals or what have you, we would  be at their mercy. One might argue that since we are "currently" on good terms with the US that such a deterent is not necessary, however, the political situation could change overnight if we decided to cut off water supplies, or any other materials they currently rely on (one  day that might be in our national interests- then what?). Building Ice Breaking Gunships for the arctic will have no material effect on any decision by the US to violate our sovreignty there. In effect our current military is designed to aid the US in patrolling North America, rather than protecting the citizens of this country. Only a nuclear deterrent can do that.

There is NOTHING short of becoming a nuclear power that can prevent the probable annexation of Canada by its larger neighbor sometime in the future.

Do you think Canada should go Nuclear???

- Canada has a well developed nuclear technology base, large uranium reserves and markets reactors for civilian use. While Canada has the technological capabilities to develop nuclear weapons, there is no hard evidence it has done so, nor has Canada ever shown the intention to join the nuclear club outright, although rumors that Prime Minister John Diefenbaker had developed nuclear weapons are still present. Canada has been an important contributor of both expertise and raw materials to the American program in the past, and had even helped with the Manhattan Project. In 1959, NATO proposed to Canada that the RCAF assume a nuclear strike role in Europe. Thus in 1962 six Canadian CF-104 squadrons based in Europe were formed into the RCAF Nuclear Strike Force armed with B28 nuclear bombs (originally Mk 28) under the NATO nuclear weapons sharing program; the Force was disbanded in 1972 when Canada opted out of the nuclear strike role. Canada accepted having American W-40 nuclear warheads under dual key control on Canadian soil in 1963 to be used on the Canadian BOMARC missiles. The Canadian air force also maintained a stockpile of AIR-2 Genie unguided nuclear air-to-air rockets as the primary wartime weapon on the CF-101 Voodoo all-weather interceptor after 1965. Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau declared Canada would be a nuclear weapon-free country in 1971, and the last American warheads were withdrawn in 1984. Canada also produces the renowned CANDU reactor and has sold the technology to several countries, including China, South Korea, India, Romania, Argentina, and Pakistan. Several hybrids were developed in both India and Pakistan after Canada cut-off nuclear relations with those two countries after they detonated nuclear weapons.

What makes you think we haven't already? MUU-AH HAA HAAA HAAA....(that is my impression of an evil scientist laughing)

Seriously, you really don't like Americans, do you?

Cheers

CanuckTroop said:
Hmm, no signs of intelligent life here Sir, beam me up Scotty.

I knew you had to be from a different planet.....

SeaKingTacco said:
What makes you think we haven't already? MUU-AH HAA HAAA HAAA....(that is my impression of an evil scientist laughing)

Seriously, you really don't like Americans, do you?

Cheers

Well I certainly hope so. Once can't really argue they believe in the defense of this country, unless they advocate our aquiring nukes. Anything else is simply defense of North America, under the  guise of defending Canada. Defending North America is defending the US of A's interests.

Should Canada go Nuclear?
We don't need to. We have sharks with frikkin' laser beams on their heads.

Why do people put more than one punctuation mark at the end of sentences?

Sorry, I forgot to answer the original question.

No.

Well I certainly hope so. Once can't really argue they believe in the defense of this country, unless they advocate our aquiring nukes. Anything else is simply defense of North America, under the  guise of defending Canada. Defending North America is defending the US of A's interests.

Is this not a logical fallacy- you have decided the "correct" answer, therefore any argument against your "answer" is incorrect?

Tell me, have you ever written an Estimate of the Situation?

Edit- to fix quote box thingy

Why do people put more than one punctuation mark at the end of sentences?

For emphasis.

BTW we don't have sharks with lazer beams on their heads. How about nukes instead???

This is going to from zero to locked in about 5 more posts... watch it degenerate (if that is possible) from here on in....

CanuckTroop said:
Hmm, no signs of intelligent life here Sir, beam me up Scotty.
I think that you have quoted us, here.  

Are you sure you have credits for your quotes?

Is this not a logical fallacy- you have decided the "correct" answer, therefore any argument against your "answer" is incorrect?

I don't know I didn't major in philosophy. If you disagree with my assertion, please tell me why? Would it not be in Canada's interests to go nuclear? If not, why not? I've already outlined the reasons I think we MUST.

1) It is the only answer to a nuclear capable USA gone bad
2) Nuclear capabilily gives us a bargaining chip in the case of Northern Sovreignty
3) Everyone else is doing it

SeaKingTacco said:
This is going to from zero to locked in about 5 more posts... watch it degenerate (if that is possible) from here on in....

I think i took care of that in reply #1

That was kind of the point..

CanuckTroop said:

You were one of the "cool" kids who smoked in highschool too weren't you?

all right, everyone. We've had our fun. Now I suppose we should stop feeding the troll. He's not much longer for these boards, unless I seriously miss my guess. He's jumpin' around with his genitalia hanging out, and he's wearing cleats.

Look to your left. See it? That's the "Ignore" button. Go ahead and push it.

CanuckTroop said:
BTW we don't have sharks with lazer beams on their heads.

It's spelled laser.1 I'd hate for people to mistakenly doubt your intellect due to a simple typo.

-------------------------
1 LASER: Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. See vcs.abdn.ac.uk/ENGINEERING/lasers/amplification.html

CanuckTroop said:
1) It is the only answer to a nuclear capable USA gone bad

I suppose after they run out of rogue dictatorships to overthrow they'll just have to start picking on the kids closer to home. And you expect this to happen based on what?

CanuckTroop said:
2) Nuclear capabilily gives us a bargaining chip in the case of Northern Sovreignty

How exactly will that work?

CanuckTroop said:

Mom, all the other kids are going to the hotel after the prom, why shouldn't I?

Locked - for being one of the dumbest suggestions we've ever had on Army.ca.

Canuck Troop....PM inbound!

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back