• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sig Op Bonus?

lukek22

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey All,

Wondering if anyone had any clue what (if any) bonuses a Sig Op would yield entering the forces now.  On the website, it says such a bonus/incentive would be available, but fails to specify what.  Anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Luke

It is only available to QL 5A qualified ex Reg F or Component Transfering Res F applicants who are qualified QL 5A.

u most likely get bonus for civilian experience or post secondary diplomas/degrees if u come in as a civilian but if ur a reservist going to reg f then they'll inot ur p res experience (ie 3s, 5s, PLQ, etc).

Do you think a Information Systems Diploma from a college would cut it?  What range of bonus/incentives are there?

735_winnipeg said:
u most likely get bonus for civilian experience or post secondary diplomas/degrees if u come in as a civilian but if ur a reservist going to reg f then they'll inot ur p res experience (ie 3s, 5s, PLQ, etc).

wtf?  say again all after "mumble mumble", over

735_winnipeg said:
u You most likely get  a bonus for civilian experience or post secondary diplomas/degrees if u you come in as a civilian but if ur you're a reservist going to reg f then they'll inot ??? ur you're p res experience (ie 3s, 5s, PLQ, etc).

735, read this regarding MSN speak --- http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/33247.0.html

Sorry Mud, tried.  Still doesn't make much sense.  ;D

I need my VPD (Veiled Speech De-coder) on this one  >:D

735_winnipeg said:

Let me give this a shot.  ;D

You will most likely get a bonus for civilian experience or post secondary diplomas/degrees if you come in as a civilian. But, if you're a reservist going to reg force they'll look at your Primary Reserve experience. (ie: 3's, 5's, PLQ, etc)

*Just what I interpret it to mean.  ;D
(I speak teenager/child/illiterate/lazy quite well. - silly siblings of mine)

Pea, I think you could go direct entry into Comm Research Op....you already speak atleast 2 languages (English and Mumble Mumble).

Thanks Pea.  ;D

That was pretty well the adjusted way I got it too.  What I found interesting about it though was the "most likely", when it had already been answered definitely just 10 minutes prior by our resident recruiting guru.

We need a "bowing" smiley.

I should probably update my resume to add my multi linguistic skills.  ;D

Do you think a Information Systems Diploma from a college would cut it?  What range of bonus/incentives are there?

Do you two need this written in a different language so that you can understand it?

It is only available to QL 5A qualified ex Reg F or Component Transferring Res F applicants who are qualified QL 5A.

Now watch my lips.  Currently, no experience or diploma is going to get an applicant a bonus for enrolling as a Sig Op.  In order for someone to get the bonus for Sig Op they need to be an ex Reg F member who is Qualification Level 5A or a Res F member who is component transferring to the Reg F and has Qualification Level 5A.

not true kincanucks, an ex co-worker of mine from an old job signed up for the sig op bonus and he got into the reg force and also got the bonus.  he had no previous military experience, just a degree from the university of manitoba and a few years of civilian computer support experience.  he did his basic training in st jean and moc training in kingston.  so you dont have to be ex-reg force to get the bonus but if you are then use it to your advantage.

735_winnipeg said:
not true kincanucks, an ex co-worker of mine from an old job signed up for the sig op bonus and he got into the reg force and also got the bonus.  he had no previous military experience, just a degree from the university of manitoba and a few years of civilian computer support experience.  he did his basic training in st jean and moc training in kingston.  so you dont have to be ex-reg force to get the bonus but if you are then use it to your advantage.

and this was when?

out of curiosity what is the signing bonus currently at for ql5a qual sigops?

Already somewhat planning to CT in approx one year when I'm done my college program but this has my interest piqued!

Andy_d said:
out of curiosity what is the signing bonus currently at for ql5a qual sigops?

Already somewhat planning to CT in approx one year when I'm done my college program but this has my interest piqued!

Let you know tomorrow.

KinCanuuk,

Is the bonus not paid half when you sign, and half 1 year later?

Mud

Mud Recce Man said:
KinCanuuk,

Is the bonus not paid half when you sign, and half 1 year later?

Mud

The first installment is paid on the day you transfer or the day after you complete BMQ and the second installment is paid 12 months after the first and it is not tax free.

Back