• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sig Op QL5

Re: RTU

Some still call it, "Returned To Mama". Puts an appropriate tone on "Returned To Unit" now doesn‘t it?

Cheers.

"Through."

Other than medical RTU‘s, what possible ways are their to be sent back, and how does your unit deal with you?

I‘d say training failture, compassionate, volintary.

Depends why you got RTU‘d. If you got hurt or there was a family problem i think your unit has to give you a job for the remainder of your contract.

I didn‘t get RTU‘d. I think I got blacklisted from CFSCE forever. This summer, I got into a lot of crap for what I wrote here, but for nothing else.

Other than that, I didn‘t do anything that broke the rules. None of my actions ever resulted in a blade towards anyone. I did my fair share, no more, no less; just as I said I would. True enough, I didn‘t do what a lot of people do and go above and beyond, but I did what I was supposed to.

Lui

Does that mean that you have to change to a different trade in the Reserves? :confused:

Lui after reading your post‘s I suggest you quit.

Thud F‘s like you don‘t last long and if they do they end up getting other‘s hurt or degarding the Force‘s and those of us who give 110% and know and comprehend what it take‘s to wear our Uniform.

Your lucky this is not the Force‘s of the mid 70‘s early 80‘s.

I was taught by Sapper‘s who served in Korea and were hard as nail‘s but fare as long as you kept your mouth shut and learnt.

But you,the cornucopia of knowledge of all thing‘s Military have not learnt and deserve what you get.

Enough said.

I would like to start off by sending a congratulations out to Lui. For what? being one of the few members of the herd to figure out going above and beyond, simply ain‘t worth it.

I believe Lui has probably caught some unnecessary, and certainly unjustified grief here.
First off, the reason for the always unstable drinking policy at CFSCE has more to do with unstable commandants, and paranoid SSM‘s than it does with a bad T-Shirt and the occasional hangover. If Lui, at his own admission drank a 26/week on course I would be confident that the senior staff members would not see fit to quash the drinking. Taking the drinking privliges from students at CFSCE is now, has been in the past, and will remain to be in the future, nothing more than the carrot on the stick.

However more disturbing are the comments made by the self proclaimed Army Godfather. What makes Lui such a disgrace? That he spoke out against the Comm Reserve. That‘s not out of line. It‘s more common to here about how pathetic and sad the state of affairs are, rather than how great the situation is. Or is it that he spoke out against CFSCE? CFSCE is a joke. Everybody knows it. I don‘t know a reservist who walk‘s away going, " Wow, after that I am a better soldier, and a better citizen, I can now represent my uniform better." Give me a break. There are only three thing you learn at CFSCE. Staff administers the infamous CFSCE C*^K, the administrators are unstable and generally have been promoted to their level of incompetence, and course mates are your brothers (eh hem, and sisters). Him realizing that the tough guy fassads portrayed by instructors are nothing more than Real TV crossed with an entertaining dinner theater. That is to say that you take nothing away from it. Something for you to remember is that having pride in your uniform and trade is far different than having respect for people above you. Lui is correct, the military only demands a respect for the rank, which means I will say yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir. Whether I think the individual giving the order deserves respect is a matter of my own opinion and has nothing to do with whether or not I have pride in my uniform. Most of all I find upsetting, but yet in the same light humorous, are the hopes and wishes of one angry Sgt. who longs to go back to the days of in the field executions, and corporal punishment. Just the fact that you are so intelectually myopic is disturbing. What he just said was that all the yelling and screaming in the world will not win your hearts and minds campaign. A 2 hour run that makes me vomit does not make me respect you. You threatening to shove a boot up my but does not make me have pride in my uniform, and having half a brain to see that the only good reason to join the CF is to pay for your schooling, makes him a visionary, not a disgrace.

You can not torture a man who has no hope.

GK - why don‘t you tell us how you really feel?

Lui - You think you got blacklisted? What the heck does that mean? Some unofficial barring from future attendance, via a hush-hush conversation in the Officers‘ Mess?

As my father, the old fashioned , not GK-effective, RSM would say - "If you‘re looking for sympathy, its in the dictionary, between sh*t and syphilis" LOL Your comments on this board, I feel, were purposely laced with "in your face" cockiness - comments that you knew would push the buttons of some of the members. Even before you left, you were often contemptuous of al things military. Play with fire, you‘re gonna get burnt...

Well GK I see you have 5 month‘s more in than Lui.
Who has 2yrs in.

Even though we Engineer‘s are not as hard Corp as the Infantry,even we have the B.S. on course and put up with it,but we all still have to follow doctrin.

It‘s the way of the beast,if you don‘t like it leave.It‘s there to teach you tolerance,if you can‘t take it on course then what would you be like in combat?

0 this E15 over,no answer,Lui don‘t agree with the radio procedure?,Me and my section are killed by friendly fire.Er what then?

Your post does not wash.

Muskrat, just to set a couple of things straight. I haven‘t left yet. I am contemptuous of all things beauracratic. I am contemptuous of people who hide behind their rank. And finally I am contemptuous of the fact that accountability works only one way. However the military could quickly be characterized by these attributes.

As for the comment made by Lui about being blacklisted from CFSCE being a smoke filled back room conversation between pinky and the brain does not do justice the deceit portrayed by the afforementioned members. The Comm Reserve being a fairly small organization allows for what one would call an old boys club to materialize. With the constant re-hiring of the same members year after year it would certainly allow for a poisoned atmosphere upon Lui‘s return to CFSCE. The SSM has not changed over in many years, and instructors that were there before are only more likely to be promoted and given positions allowing for more irresponsible abuses of authority. So certainly there may not be a "blacklist" but I think we are all intelligent enough to know that the military grapevine is one that grows quickly, and out of control. Before ya know it Lui will be accused of the Kennedy assasination. Likely with the way CFSCE works they will try him and put him to death before attempting to assemble some evidence. However in some cases, that I know of, the blacklist is a memo, e-mail, or simply a verbal notification that you are no longer allowed to continue training at CFSCE. Perhaps one should be on the "blacklist" before pretending to know what it is.

That‘s pretty funny - you haven‘t earned the right to preach to me, little boy....

If you detest it, get out - you‘re not impressing anybody here

It is not the military I detest, it is exactly the attitude portrayed by you. "you haven‘t earned the right to preach to me little boy..." Go ahead and hide behind your age and, apparently experience. You eminate all that is military, people like you answer the question "why is the sky blue?" by saying "because I said so". Congratulations I am sure you won soldier of the year frequently. Hats off.

Muskrat it‘s no use arguing with Sprog‘s here the only way is face to face.

Lui and et al,if you feel you have not been treated fairly on course there are route‘s you can take.
I have done it even though I didn‘t win,the next year there were change‘s.

Stop whinning and soldier on!

Lui,
So what happened? You posted to this forum on base, and somewhere there read what you had to say? Which post was it?

So what sort of disciplinary action has been taken against you?

Bunch ‘o‘ wankers.
I am confident that these pukes are not the norm and I can rest easy knowing that they weed themselves out.
Yeah, you pukes are the salvation for the reserves as you have it all figured out.
Good luck anywhere with your skillsets.
The boys I worked with were all 5 by 5 and you fellows ain‘t it.

G.K.
Canada is a democratic country without forced military service. If you‘re in the military and don‘t like it, or you don‘t like taking orders, or don‘t like giving a 100% effort - noone‘s stopping you from getting the f*** out. Take off the uniform that some of us take pride in, and trade it in for a McDonald‘s uniform. I‘m sure you‘re idealistic and superior intelligent comments would be greatly appreciated while putting someones Bic Mac together.
As for you Lui, and those like you. If you were ever to try that sh** in a civilian corportation, you‘re *** would be on the street so fast. I think you‘ll find that, even though you received some (well-deserved) punishment, the military is very forgiving. If it weren‘t, you wouldn‘t have a uniform to disgrace anymore.
And, for those of you constantly criticize military leadership - it‘s pretty easy to criticize something you don‘t have the balls to do yourself. :cdn:

GK,
By the sounds of your comments, aybe ou and Lui should name yourselves Pinky and the Brain. The Comm Reserve staff conduct themselves in a professional manner. Maybe your military conduct is on par with Cpl Lui‘s. Looking at your profile, it states that you have been in the reserves for 2 and a half years. Why are you still a PTE? You sound disgruntled. Were you ever RTU‘ed? Are you even qualified 052? The SSM usually changes every few years. Get some TI before making judgements of ranks beyond your own. You are confused between a contempt for bureaucracy and the disrespect of the military rank structure.
:salute:

Back