• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sig Op QL5

The last word!

" A commander at any level cannot shirk unpleasant decisions, whether he be corporal or general or any rank in between. If he does shirk such decisions, he is unfit to command in battle."
Chris Vokes, My Story, 1985

A close bullseye for Hogans Hero. But don‘t worry you still have rights.

" A Canadian serving in the armed forces does not give up the rights and obligations of Canadian citizenship. As was affirmed by the Supreme Court of Canada in MacKay v. R: " This is a quote directly from the JAG Defence Law Training, CHAPTER 1.

It is also interesting that the Supreme Court of Canada has warned the Canadian Forces, because of cases like MacKay v. R that the CF needs to become Charter Compliant. And they have been accused by same of attempting to Charter Proof themselves rather than respect the rights of the soldiers. Consequently it has been widely speculated that the next time a Charter abuse is cited that the Supreme Court of Canada will in fact re-write several of the CF‘s documents on discipline and law so as they are 100% Charter Compliant. And that all actions associated to discipline or Military Law will be taken out of the CF‘s hands.

Pandora‘s box, eh?

Just FYI, this is where I just bugger off and leave this topic.

GK, I thank you for your convictions and efforts. It was good seeing someone else who‘s not afraid to poke at the hornets nest a bit, but I‘ve been stung and chastised enough for me to know it‘s best if I leave it be.

I had the opportunity of taking my course with Fader_1572, and after my completion at CFSCE; I must admit that it was an excellent course. It was not good because of satisfactory course material; it was good because of a successful mix of outstanding instructors and students. Yes, there was BS, and student’s received crap; nevertheless, until the very end of the course, most students entered the course with the value of wanting to learn, and they received the privilege of instruction. University students pay dearly for that gift. Fader_1572’s post on Army.ca rose up a storm in CFSCE, and our course took it hard for his opinion; however, it is just that: his opinion. The military is an organization like many Civilian institutions, whereas it rewards success rather than effort. I personally think that wars are not won simply because people try hard, it is because they try hard to be effective. The attitude of the MALE does not succeed as there is inadequate effort, and although the minimum acceptable level of effort often goes un-noticed; this attitude returns scarce reward. An Entity is the Sum of its Parts, and I think that unless Canada wishes to have a MALE military, the MALE individuals are not useful within the CF.

I remember arguments with Fader_1572 throughout my summer at CFSCE, as we seldom agreed on philosophy, and I worked with him frequently in the field. Fader_1572 is not the useless bag of crap he claims to be. He is as inexperienced as can be expected; however, with the proper instruction and motivation, he is a competent solider. I did well on my course this summer. I did not succeed because I put in the greatest effort; I succeeded because I meshed effort with some common sense. If I was told to put a square in a circular hole I would make several attempts and than I would produce a solution. Canada is not mass-producing robots; it is producing NCMs that can rationalize. I think that the successful military of the future is not one that can puts in the most effort; it is the force that will out-think their opposition. The “most objects” do not win anymore, the most effective does. It seems that the Canada is making this the central attitude of the CF, and it is not remotely the MALE.

I exercise my freedom to argue with Fader_1572’s opinion, and I have read the majority of his posts on army.ca to ensure that my argument is sufficient. I noticed that the majority his replies simply flame “him,” rather than argue with “his opinion,” and that is a shame. It is disappointing to see that, on army.ca, veterans of Canada’s military demonstrate little defense to its success. The youth argue with or defend Fader_1572, and the hallmark defense for the old is only: “get more T.I.” With numerous years within the CF, a reply should be far richer with insight, than my brief experiences. It is about as useful to flame a reservist with two years T.I., as it is to disband a unit after two years, in service. However, this is all only my opinion.

Yonessa

wow good show. I vote for the ruck up or ship out attitude.. at least you can wear the uniform. Some of us have to wait for that kind of priveledge.

Well, you certainly come across as very immature. I hope for the sake of others you never serve with Reg Force in the way of danger or in a situation where you may have to depend on the people you are dissing. Chances are they‘ll come to your aid anyway. Regarding the reserves ... as a regular I‘ve served with reserves on peacekeeping missions and generally found them to be well qualified and good soldiers. Your comments seem to be denigrating to these people, not just to CFSCEE. Another post (not yours) mentioned the disbanding of the Airborne Regiment. That was a stupid decison made for political purposes and not in the best interests of the Army or the country. The overwhelming number of men in this Regiment were dedicated soldiers, not sadists and they richly deserve the name "best of the best" (no I never served with them but I certainly respect them). Why you would even consider remaining in the Reserves given the attitudes you so greatly cherish is a mystery to me.
VVV
Jack Neilson

Greetings Jack,

Although we haven‘t seen Fader_1572 (a.k.a. CFL_Lui) since 02 September, most of his comments since April ‘03 were responded to with the same sentiment.

We all agreed to refrain from falling for his flame-bait after so many wasted efforts to tune him in.

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers.

Back