• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SigOp overseas

• Thread starter CrazyCivvie
  • Start date
Depends on what you mean, questions.  We do deploy and we do go out on occasional patrols, but we are by no means doing the same job as Sig Ops. 
As far as the JTF-2 stuff, I don't know, and you're not likely to get an answer on that.  Sig Ops are definitely more in the field than 291ers, with the possible exception of the EW types, though.

Radop - A late reply from me, but better than never I suppose.

By "Looks good on ya" I meant looks good in the eyes of those who patrol day in/day out.  Some of the "front-liners" don't look too kindly on those who avoid the hard stuff and sit in camp with their feet up sipping java.

I can agree with you on the worrying less on looking good and more on staying safe.  But there's no better feeling than being a true part of the team and going out seeing what goes on outside of the camp/det every now and then.  Gives you a better understanding when you go back and can't get comms with a patrol every now and again.

With events such as the last attack that happened this week, I always wonder what the overall feeling is of going over.  I know young guys are quite often encouraged at the experience, medal, money, etc. - but I really wonder how many truly reconsider it once we hear that some of our brothers/sisters have been injured or killed overseas.

Bin

Back