• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So Who's Got The New Bayonet?

Bomber said:
Dig that picture, mine has just been showed its new home.

If you wanted to be really creative, you could mount your two extra pouches right behind the pouch you have on there, one on each side, and they would be under the bayonet, you need to use your Gerber to get the webbing threaded on, but once it is on, it ain't moving, and you effectively double your load carrying ability.

My new bayonet is going there too...-the minute I get it issued.

The pouches on the back is a good idea, unfortunately, it is not conducive to carrying a rucksack, even if they are empty, or sitting in a vehicle (heresy!!). Your best bet is to put them on the bottom of the pouches on the tacvest, opening to the front, and tie them down to your legs with the soft elastic stuff that the control slings are made of. I did this with both canteen carriers - it worked pretty well, but in (or on) the small pack is still the best idea.

Those new bayonets are awesome, its a great idea that each individual soldier will be able to cut wire with his pig sticker

..... with his "pig sticker"?

sterb070.gif

You know - I never understood the idea of adding a wirecutter to the sheath of the bayonet.

So I sneak up to the wire (cuz people NEVER cover obstancles by fire right  ::) ) I slowly tussle with the bayonet scabbard / frog to remove it from my kit - remove the bayonet - insert the choppy part from the scabbard to the frog [get jacked for tacking so long] get stiched by the enemy full of 7.62x54R and die...

Anyway I always though a small set of side cutting pliers was a little easier to bring along IF I thought I might be cutting wire (other wise I will use my SOG tool if I need to cut it and did not expect too)

I mean yeah, It looks mean as hell - I guess that is important too...  ;D

I always figgured the gerber was good enough to cut wire.

Guess the enemy musta gotten sneaky and started using uber-reinforced-wire-mark-3.

It could be handy when building defences, not necessarily breaching them.

Cheers,
AB

Actually, someone alluded to the fact that it really is kind of useless, in the fact that you fasten the scabbard to your TV or webbing or whatever, and if you ever have to use it to cut wire.....then you will have to unfasten it from your TV in order to attach it to the blade....rather a waste of time in a crunch...don't you think?

I've always found if I carry a set of Dags in my pocket, it was much easier and faster.  (Also came in handy with my Laundry Bag plastic ties)

George Wallace said:
Actually, someone alluded to the fact that it really is kind of useless, in the fact that you fasten the scabbard to your TV or webbing or whatever, and if you ever have to use it to cut wire.....then you will have to unfasten it from your TV in order to attach it to the blade....rather a waste of time in a crunch...don't you think?

Very true, the original Eickhorn KCB design has a frog, similar to the US M8A1 style, but it has a QD (its fast) so the scabbard can be removed, then with the bayonet fixed to the rifle (for better leverage), the wire is then cut. Even with this though, look where bayonets ar carried on generic webbing, at the rear, which again means its difficult to put off and on, unless you use the buddy system, or removed your webbing, so it may be impractical anyways, and looked on as simply a selling feature by the manufacturer. Who knows?
I'll post a pic of the scabbard once I get my cam fixed in a few days.

Cheers,

Wes

Back