• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So Who's Got The New Bayonet?

Yeoman

Inactive
Reaction score
I just got issued mine today. So far I'm actually impressed. It's actually a SOLID bayonet that looks like it won't snap off in a soft target.
One of the guys (okay several) just happend to "slip" and have theirs go into the locker or table or whaver they could find. Seems pretty damn sturdy so far. I'll have to try out the wire cutters tomorrow when I'm cutting up the razor wire. The sharping stone looks like it could do the job........for maybe a year. But overall I'm impressed so far. I'll have to see how it turns out in a tree tomorrow.
Greg

I'll gladly trade an Aussie contract M9 Buck, first issue (rare, especially in North America), mint condition for one of these CAN-2000 bayonets.

I can only hope ;D

Do post some pics of it for us.

Cheers,

Wes

well if I can remember to, I'll make sure to take some pics of me playing with it tomorrow.
maybe some in the shit pics :D
Greg

In the shit, in the urine, in the doughnut.  I could care less as long we get to see them.  Once again the Royals get first dibs at the new stuff.

CFL said:
In the shit, in the urine, in the doughnut.   I could care less as long we get to see them.   Once again the Royals get first dibs at the new stuff.
Steadyyyyy!  ;D

From the photo gallery, uploaded by Bomber

New_Bayonet1.JPG

Bayonet_mounted.JPG

CFL said:
In the crap, in the urine, in the doughnut.   I could care less as long we get to see them.   Once again the Royals get first dibs at the new stuff.
au contraire, mon frere. paracowboy got his new bayonet some weeks ago!
He enjoys it a great deal.
He also enjoys talking about himself in the third person occasionally.

Well if it isn't my rich cousins over there in Edmonton.
kinda looks like a K Bar.

kinda looks like one, but I find it doesn't handle quite the same. I actually prefer the balance and feel of the bayonet, but I have a bad habit of sticking my thumb into the hole when trying to exert pressure on a cut. That's gonna get me a broken thumb. But, for several 'knife-fighting drills' (for lack of a better term), I liked the way it handled in the modified sabre-grip, and reverse grip. The handle seems to be very ergonomically designed (for my hand, anyway). All in all, I dig it.

I wear it on the side of my vest, just over the utility pouch on my left, horizontal to the ground. I've rolled around with it there, a bit, and it seems to work so far.

A far cry from the POS we used to have, anywho.

I thought is was illegal to sharpen the old C7 bayonet.   Was that incorrect or are we changing things now?

I was always told the same thing, but this puppy comes with a sharpening stone inset into the scabbard. I guess somebody caught on that edged weapons are supposed to be sharp.

looks very similar to the M-9
http://www.armynavysales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=01&Product_Code=MA165&Category_Code=TSH7

Naw, ours makes the M-9 look like a chinese knockoff. Ours certainly looks more robust. At least in the pictures.

CFL said:
looks very similar to the M-9
very similar. There's a slight difference in the blade geometry, for instance. The M-9 has more of a Bowie-style false edge, while our new bayonet has a tip more reminiscent of the tanto style. The handle of the M-9 is round, while ours is more oval, and shaped to the hand better (at least for my hands). It's quite similar to the M-16/C7 relationship, really.

Back