• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"So You Want To Be A Pilot" Merged Thread 2002 - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you talked with your interviewer on your strong and weak points after the interview? This may give you a tip on what you could improve.

Yes he did but it was 8 months ago so I forget most of it. He mentioned my leadership and flying knowledge was a bit weak but I have since then improved on this. Overall he said the interview was pretty strong

They made it even more competitive for the pilot trade (looks like they up'ed it 10 points for minimum entry). I think the possible max score is 90

Good day,

The vision requirements for pilots have changed.  People with glasses will no longer be turned away.  A CANFORGEN will be released in about 7 days regarding this but CFRCs have been directed to implement this policy effective today.  V2 is the new requirement.

Call your local CFRC for more details but the info is just now being disseminated.

Cool, I weas flying this morning with a pilot that had glasses, so I don't see what the big deal is, really.

Wow - I can just imagine the amount of Pilot applications they will receive now. Good news for those who have been waiting for this door to open...

I never bothered finishing my degree when I found out that I was unable to apply because of vision, even if lasik would correct it.

OH my godd!!! my dream come true!! :D i've been denied last year because I was V2 and now i can apply again!...i was so disapointed to be out of the game for that!..i was V1 3 years ago and now i am V2...anyway i can try again now!! this is so goodd!!!:d

i don't know the entry score...but i know that you have to be really strong. And because the new policy is actived (vision of V2) much more people will have access to pilot trade and it's gonna be even harder to have a job offer...i'm gonna reapply as a pilot because i am V2 and i've been denied because of that...so the only thing we can do is wait and hope on day to have an offer!

The reason the score is so high is that so many people want to be pilots.  There were about 78 DEO/CEOTP positions available at the beginning of the year, and almost 600 people asking for jobs.  Your competiton may be someone who has completed a university degree, and has some or all of a private pilots license.  Even then, they may not make it through Air Crew Selection Centre (ASC)

Rowshambow said:
Does anyone have a link for this "new message"
Phone your local CFRC. They should give you the right info if it is not on the web. Or try google.

It's not in the CANFORGENs on DIN yet. If I see it come up, I will post it (although I have a feeling someone will beat me to it)...

If one waits long enough, common sense occasionally occurs.

I phoned the CFRC in Edmonton, the 2LT there told me he has just received an e-mail regarding this, and he said that the Commander was looking into this, regarding DEO and CEOTP candidates, and that a decision will be made. So that tells me that a decision is not yet made (or they haven't told CFRC Ed. yet) So maybe Crant is right and it will be disseminated on Fri. I wonder how long it will take to affect pers doing ASC, and medical in TO. For instance, will it affect the pers going to ASC and DRDC in TO starting next Monday?

oh my god  chances to be a pilot are very low! i guess you have nothing to loose to apply but not expect to get a pilot job!

Well, you wouldn't (actually - you probably would) believe the excitement this is creating on other aviation chat sites.

I wonder how vision will factor into selecting a candidate. For example, all things being equal, would they select the person with V1 over someone who does not have V1 or will it matter? I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back