• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Qualification Course (Questions & Answers)

L-CIS TECH said:
Loosing points for asking a question in the right topic sucks tho.

You didnt lose points for asking a question twice, you lost points because you got the answer from the guy who knows and you refused to listen to it.

L-CIS TECH said:
Ya your right. Loosing points for asking a question in the right topic sucks tho. Anyways sry folks. I'm probably gonna loose more points for this msg in this thread haha
Hello L-CIS TECH
In your post above, there are several spelling errors: don't worry, it happens.  Having said that, unlike many fora on the internet today, the owner of MILNET prefers that people who post do so using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.  The easiest way to make your spelling and grammar "better" is to use the "spell check" function at the bottom of the window in which you post.  In short, stuff such as "sucks tho" and "sry folks" won't make it and are generally not tolerated.  There are exceptions, such as the odd acronym or emoticon to convey that which can not be otherwise conveyed by text alone.  For example:
You suck, Technoviking.

Differs from:

You suck, Technoviking. ;)

So, I would offer that you use the spell check prior to posting replies.  If you are posting from a computer that does not allow this auto-spell checker, you can always hit "Control" and "A" on the text in this window, and then "Control" and "C", and then open up MS Word. Once open, click anywhere and hit "Control" and "V".  Once your text appears,hit F7 and then once the spell check is done, "CTRL" "A", "CTRL" "C" and then return here and "CTRL" "V".  (Those are old MS-DOS shortcuts that still work in Windows, any edition.  Yes, I'm showing my age) :(

And have thick skin: the world owes you nothing, and this site is privately owned, and we are all here at the pleasure of the owner.

Have a good day

Technoviking (as MILNET.CA Mentor)

(Edited for error in DOS command)

Noted, I will make an effort on what, and where I comment. I didn't mean any disrespect towards anyone, and I am fully committed to my country on duty, and off duty at home. Because I believe that being a soldier is not just a regular job as it is a vocation that one agrees to live by. And one should lead by example on and off duty. Thank you for being descriptive and polite. It shows in your writing that you are a well spoken and educated soldier.

Sincerely,

L-CIS  :salute:

Michael O'Leary said:
Here is a quick run-down of the content and time allocations for the Soldier Qualification (SQ). (Hopefully I didn‘t make too many transcription errors.)

SOLDIER QUALIFICATION

Training Duration.  This training will require:
a. Regular Force - 60 training days; and
b. Reserve Force – 20 training days.
Regular Force serials may include 3 extra days to conduct basic winter warfare training.

PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES

PO 101 Participate in Dismounted Offensive Operations (Regular Force – 6 periods plus 13 periods exercise time; Reserve Force – 15 periods)

PO 102 Participate in Dismounted Defensive Operations (Reg F – 3 pds plus 23 pds exercise time; Res F – 8 pds plus 10 pds exercise time)

PO 103 Participate in Dismounted Reconnaissance Patrols  (Reg F – 2 pds plus 9 pds exercise time; Res F – 10 pds)

PO 104 Fire the C7 with the C79 Optical Sight Unit (Reg F – 50 pds)

PO 105 Fire the General Purpose Machine Gun, 7.62mm, C6, in the Light Role (Reg F – 30 pds; Res F – 30 pds)

PO 106 Fire the Light Machine Gun, 5.56mm, C9 (Reg F – 31 pds; Res F – 31 pds)

PO 107 Fire the Short Range Anti-Armour Weapon (SRAAW) Light (L) (Reg F – 19 pds; Res F - pds) (May not be taught at this time)

PO 108 Fire the Short Range Anti-Armour Weapon (SRAAW) Medium (M) (Reg F – 24 pds; Res F – 24 pds)

PO 109 Throw Grenades (Reg F – 10 pds; Res F – 10 pds)

PO 110 Perform Individual Fieldcraft (Reg F – 22 pds plus 24 pds exercise time; Res F – 2 pds plus instruction during field training exercise (FTX))

PO 111 Operate Tactical Communications Equipment (Reg F – 44 pds)

PO 112 Individual Protection (Reg F - 7 pds; Res F – 7 pds)

PO 113 Drive SMP Vehicles (Reg F – 154 pds)

PO 114 Perform Army Physical Fitness Training (Reg F – 51 pds; Res F – 47 pds)

EdO 101 Leadership in Peace and War (Reg F – 4 pds)

EdO 102 Law of Armed Conflict (Reg F – 7 pds)

EdO 103 General Service Knowledge (Reg F – 4 pds)

Training Exercises - (Reg F – 12 days; Res F – 5 days)

Course Administration - (Reg F – 32 pds; Res F - 13 pds)

How much physical fitness/training is there on the PART TIME WEEKEND Reserver course?  I am involved with a bodybuilding competition during this part time course and I want to know what kind of physical requirements there are in this specific course

Thank you!

SQ is 28 days long and is done all army trades and if needed the purple trades. Heard its tough and for my platoon, they were sent there after BMQ. Some went to Valcartier, some Gagetown.

For navy personnel, they do 5 weeks of fleet school at either Esquimalt or Halifax. They learn shipwatching duties, firefighting, and so forth.

For airforce, they do 4 days of history and some other things.

Then either off to PAT (or PRETC) to wait until your course starts.

I found this online. Thought it was interesting but its the PO 101 Rank Structure for Staff. Might be useful for those not on SQ yet but will be on it.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/40084548/101-06-MK-32

P.S I didn't upload this.. Only found it.

Just making sure, once BMQ-L is done and you are posted, does the following infantry courses require you to stay 24/7 on base for a certain amount of time or do you get a regular daily schedule with evenings and week-ends off (unless you're sent in a specific PO)?

For Infantry, BMQ-L and DP1 is combined.  Yes during periods of the course you will probably be confined to barracks at nights and weekends, but later in the course the staff can give you weekends off, etc. 

-Skeletor- said:
For Infantry, BMQ-L and DP1 is combined.  Yes during periods of the course you will probably be confined to barracks at nights and weekends, but later in the course the staff can give you weekends off, etc.

For that part yes.
(This might not be the best thread to ask in, sorry)
My question was regarding courses following BMQ-L/DP1. Not sure if it's still valid but if I look at the CF Courses List thread it should be QL3, QL6A, QL6B and QL7.

So BMQ (which is now 10 weeks) + BMQ-L/DP1/BIQ = about 20 weeks right?

Just so I can manage how long I would be confined.

Thanks

denimboy said:
My question was regarding courses following BMQ-L/DP1.

Then you should word your question properly, not asking what happens after BMQ-L as that is not the final course you do before leaving the training system.

denimboy said:
My question was regarding courses following BMQ-L/DP1. Not sure if it's still valid but if I look at the CF Courses List thread it should be QL3, QL6A, QL6B and QL7.

QL3 is DP1. Also theres QL4 and QL5 courses before QL6, etc. Anyways, once you are trained and at your unit you will get into a routine, work during the day, and nights and weekends off when you are in garrison.  There will be the occasional field ex, which can last anywhere from 1 week to 2 months.  There are some QL4 level courses, some you get to go home at night, others will require you to be in the field.  And career courses will have you away from your home in the training barracks, and everything that is involved with that.    Also for Infantry career courses AFAIK they don't call them QL3, QL4, etc it is DP1, DP2, etc

In short, yes when not on course or in the field you will have time off and be able to do what you want, etc.

Thank you!  :)

(sorry for the not so clear question. It wasn't clear in my head either with all the name changes/different designations per trade, etc.).

Finished BMQ today. Head to Gagetown Friday morning for BMQ-L.  Course starts March 15 and ends April 13.  At least that is what my orders say but we will see.  I am excited to get going so fast after BMQ, but I think this course is going to kick my ass haha.

Well we just finishes the field portion and I fnish this Wednesday.  It isn't as bad as some might think.  You get a lot of cock and the pt is more demanding for sure.  With that said, it is mostly class time and they really want you to learn this stuff so you will be given a lot of help.  They generally don't give you much shot during class time for this reason.  It is a change from basic because the staff are a lot more like co workers.  You eat it at times but they will shoot the shit with you and have some pretty creative insults haha.

My big tip is finding a platoon standard as quickly as possible.  Our first week was rough because of this.  They will give you a standard but if someone is missing certain kit you have to work around that as a group.  The soone that happens, the better off you will be.

Just two days of classes and then off to wainwright for a couple of months!

I'm currently nominated for BMQ(L) (PRes) for this June 2011, however, I'm getting pushback from my employer about taking 4 weeks off.  Has anyone heard whether there are weekend BMQ(L) (formerly SQ) courses planned for 2011 in LFCA?  This summer and/or fall?

Thanks!

My crystal ball says.....don't hold your breath.....

In all seriousness course dates come and go and are always subject to last minute cancellation....

-Skeletor- said:

:facepalm: As long... :facepalm:...as nobody... :facepalm:...loses their bayonet... :facepalm:...somewhere in the TA Friday afternoon  :crybaby: hahaha.

SQ run's differently for every trade and those set dates can change at any time. You will learn very quickly that the army fucks you around. In my trade (armour) we don't have SQ. Our SQ is combined with our trades training and we call it DP1. this past summer we ran 4 courses then they decided to fill up the holding barracks, cancel the rest f the courses and not schedule another one until June 2013  :facepalm:

doerksen27 said:
SQ run's differently for every trade and those set dates can change at any time. You will learn very quickly that the army ****s you around. In my trade (armour) we don't have SQ. Our SQ is combined with our trades training and we call it DP1. this past summer we ran 4 courses then they decided to fill up the holding barracks, cancel the rest f the courses and not schedule another one until June 2013  :facepalm:

There is no longer an animal called SQ.  It is BMQ (L) now. 

George Wallace said:
There is no longer an animal called SQ.  It is BMQ (L) now.

From what I've heard through my chain of command, though this is for reserves and I can't speak for Reg Force; there won't be an SQ or BMQ-L any longer, they will be calling it the "Delta Package" and it will be roughly a week long addition to DP1, where you learn everything you would have throughout BMQ-L.

At this point they are still offering BMQ-L to those who wish to take it, but it's only for personal gains and knowledge...it won't officially count towards be trained.

Again, this is from an infantry reservists point of view.

Back