• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Qualification Course (Questions & Answers)

The SQ in Aldershot  starts around July 3 but im not really sure when it ends..

My boyfriend is in infentry at Shilo and we were both wondering if he gets leave in the summer. He was told that he did but now there are rumours that he may not get it. I'm just wondering because I would really like him to come to my grad and the only way that's possible is if he gets leave during the summer.

Okay. So here's a question... I want to join as a resource management support clerk. I'm highly considering going army. But I need to know: DO RMS CLERKS HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN SQ? If so my second choice is navy.

yes...because despite of your MOC, you are a soldier after all...so army yes navy...I do not know.

Does anyone know when the next reserve SQ course starts in gagetown? I'm hearing June 25, but I'm not sure

In valcartier, its the 24th of june...so It would be logical to see it arount the same date :)

Gunnergirl, the answer to your question is  you'll have to take SQ if you join the army, simply cause everyone despite their trade is a soldier first.  However the naval environment does not participate in SQ cause realistically, the navy should always be on the water, and the SQ course is geared to build upon those principles in which you learned on BMQ to more accomodate for the land environment. 

STING said:
Quick question for clarification .... Is there still an SQ course or is it now BMQ land ? Or is the BIQ now 13 weeks instead of 10 ?

They were running a 4 week SQ or "BMQ (L)" followed buy the 10 week DP1 Infantry Legacy course.

Now its just a 14 week DP1 "enhanced".

The 4 week BMQ (L) is still run for support trades however, not the infantry.

gunnergirl6789 said:
Okay. So here's a question... I want to join as a resource management support clerk. I'm highly considering going army. But I need to know: DO RMS CLERKS HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN SQ? If so my second choice is navy.

Soldier first. Trade Second.

Enjoy the Navy.

BTW... Enviromental training for all trades. Hope you can swim good. And hump a lot of fire gear.

Kate 723~ in Gagetown, SQ is taught all the time. All less when I was there. So course load for you should be easy. I can't give you dates. Check with your home unit.

Curious, on the recruiting site in the details aboaut RMS clerk, it says that after BMQ they go straight on to MOC training, no mention of SQ at all. Are you guys sure she would be doing SQ?

I just completed reserve SQ and two of the people on it are going RMS Clerk.

Good to know, one of my friends has applied for RMS clerk as well.
I wonder what happens to clerks who start out in one for the other environments and then switch to army. I suppose they would need to do an SQ course.

I am two weeks away from my Reserve SQ, and then BIQ. I thought by now that I would be able to get into some desired shape but I still have not been able to. At this point, ill be blunt and say I am in horrible shape. 25 pushups, 1 pullup, 4km run and 50 situps. Will I be RTUed? Im okay with taking the punishment necessary for not keeping my body in better shape, however Im most worried about it effecting my actual course. Is there a chance of me being RTUed? I plan on really pushing myself these last two weeks but I doubt Ill be able to improve my shape enough.

gunnergirl6789 said:

Don't base your choice of career on SQ. Its a short course, and it's good times for the most part. Good PT and firing machine guns is wicked.  :rage:

COMMANDOS said:
dont worry , go 4 it , i just finished my sq and biq and i saw worse ... when ur there u will push ur self more

make more push ups and pull ups , the 4 km is good for a start ... also the 50 situps are good

they wont kick u out from the course if u cant do 400 push ups in 1 day , if they see ur doing ur best and ur goinf stronger day by day

COMMANDOS,

Here on this site , we like members to use "YOU" ...... "YOU ARE / YOU'RE" and "FOR"

Milnet.ca staff

Winter Kit List? To my knowledge they only run two SQ courses both in the summer months. Dates vary every year usually 1st one starts at the beginning of July and the next at the end.
My SQ course was in June however threw the co-op with the G & SF
We had 3 weeks in the class and then 3 straight weeks in the field, best three weeks of my life  :warstory:

ATC Meaford conducts courses year round.  There should be Regular Force legacy SQs ongoing right now.  If you go the LFCA web site and look under LFCADs you should find a winter kit list.  But as a general rule, you will need all your winter kit.  I lived in Meaford for 2 years and you will get a lot of snow.

Received my kit list for "Winter SQ" in Meaford, today. Basically, bring everything you have. I think we're going to need it over the next month. Brrrr. (got our first snow today in Borden)

general rule of thumb for LFCA TC Meaford, if its CADPAT or olive drab, bring it. If its issued and your not sure, bring it. If you have too much, then you can store it in civie lock up. If you don't bring it and you very well may need it, lets say its a very chilly time of the year up our way.

Back