• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Trying to get the stink out of my house.  My poor dog, Bailey, got sprayed by a skunk Sat. night.  It really sucks :'( :crybaby: Not the best May long weekend ever, but, I'm sure we'll survive.

Feeling sorry for you.  :P

re-uploading all my music (4000+ songs) to my computer for the 3rd time in less than a year. I'm useing an external hard drive this time... not doing this again :rage:

Woo Hoo!

Just had an awesome family get together as my newly graduated BMQ Private showed up at my door BY SURPRISE on Saturday morning.  Since she'll be on her SQ on her birthday, we just had a pre-birthday birthday party mixed in with a little "graduated BMQ" party.  MamaBear had all her cubs home tonight.  (happy sigh)

Sounds like fun MB.

Family is what its all about. Rellish in it, as if I had one, I would be. However, I am sure my two Siamese cats miss me, ha!

:cheers:

Wes,

Hey if you were in the vicinity, you could come and hang out with my gang anytime!  What's one more when there are 24 already eating and drinking!  Actually my family has always been the "go to" house for the lonesome single because everybody deserves a family (blood relation or not)!

I'm sending you some delish leftovers through cyberspace - do you want whipping cream with your fruit? (My, but that doesn't sound quite right when typed like that, does it?)

MamaBear said:
Wes,

Hey if you were in the vicinity, you could come and hang out with my gang anytime!  What's one more when there are 24 already eating and drinking!  Actually my family has always been the "go to" house for the lonesome single because everybody deserves a family (blood relation or not)!

I'm sending you some delish leftovers through cyberspace - do you want whipping cream with your fruit? (My, but that doesn't sound quite right when typed like that, does it?)

Looks like our minds are operating on the same freq, as I thought the same. Whipping cream is fine ;D However flip on some Areosmith at the same time, and Bob's your uncle!

Sitting in Amherst, Nova Scotia at my mom's house.

Opened up the cottage this weekend. It was a hard thing to do emotionaly with my dad not being around to "direct" this year. He loved that place. Had to solder one of the water pipes to the shower and put a new wax ring under the toilet. And, I did it!!

By Saturday morning, we had hot running water and all the accoutrements. I'm proud of myself.  :)

Got the gardens weeded yesterday, and put in lots of new plants.

This afternoon, I'll be on my way to Halifax for the week where I'm attending the Casualty Assisting Officer Course. Crashing at the Juno Towers if anyone wants to give me a dingle and do beers (ryes), whatever.

Beware -- cougar on the loose.  >:D

Cougar prey beware - she's watching from the tall grass.  ;D

As for me, its after 2000 h here on a Tuesday nacht. Had a hot bath, yes some whisky, and a quarter pounder burger. Time for some Siamese cat bonding and racking out in the Boar's Nest (AKA my bedroom). We have team sports in the am, hockey and basketball. Spt Sqn vs HQ Sqn, and we WILL win.

ArmyVern said:
Sitting in Amherst, Nova Scotia at my mom's house.

Opened up the cottage this weekend. It was a hard thing to do emotionaly with my dad not being around to "direct" this year. He loved that place. Had to solder one of the water pipes to the shower and put a new wax ring under the toilet. And, I did it!!

By Saturday morning, we had hot running water and all the accoutrements. I'm proud of myself.  :)

Got the gardens weeded yesterday, and put in lots of new plants.

This afternoon, I'll be on my way to Halifax for the week where I'm attending the Casualty Assisting Officer Course. Crashing at the Juno Towers if anyone wants to give me a dingle and do beers (ryes), whatever.

Beware -- cougar on the loose.  >:D

Oh can't imagine the difficulty in doing that without your Dad.  Cottages hold such strong memories of childhood and family don't they?  But it sounds like he'd be pretty proud of you!

Regarding the rest of your post....Cougar On Soldier!

Eating a salad. Laughing at the dog who just got b***h slapped in the face by the cat. She just quietly walked away after.

This dog needs aggression training...

emma

emmiee said:
  Eating a salad. Laughing at the dog who just got b***h slapped in the face by the cat. She just quietly walked away after.

This dog needs aggression training...

emma

Cats are like women -- the dog will learn. And, quickly too.  ;)

Oh, and Vern, good going on getting things done at the cottage. Way to go!

em

Meanwhile, on Terra Australis, we are freezing. 9C this am, the lads are off playing sports, and somehow I  got stuck loading more jobs as per my last am SITREP on this thread.

Same shyte, different pile.

Awaiting the gut truck for some apple pie, which should be anytime now.

If its any comfort Wes, it wasn't even that warm here at 12 Wing today either.  I just got back from Lake Banook...no worries about sweating during the jog tonight here.

Well,

I'm sitting here in my room in Juno Tower, looking out over a big honking grey ship (yes boys & girls - that means it is NOT Canadian) and the lights of Dartmouth thinking --- damn ... I really should be downstairs in the Mess.

Back