• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Speaking of combats for cadets.....

Boysen said:
...and they have the Cadets Canada logo embroidered on them.
A logo that was never supposed to, when introduced, end up on any uniform items.

Yet here we are today with the Maple Leaf Swoosh on all three element's parkas, and now Army Cadet field kit. Bloody wonderful.

quadrapiper said:
A logo that was never supposed to, when introduced, end up on any uniform items.

Yet here we are today with the Maple Leaf Swoosh on all three element's parkas, and now Army Cadet field kit. Bloody wonderful.

If that's what it takes to get army cadets issued combats, I can live with it.  :p

My solution, Have A Velcro patch on the sleeve where you would put the the RCACC logo on it and the corps identification, get rid of the crossed swords, and replace Canada with Cadet.(note. they have the CADETPAT slip on's which read "Cadet" why they were not issued with the kit is beyond me.)  I'm just shooting out ideas.

Boysen said:
These uniforms have been used at Vernon for a couple summers now so they're not looking brand new anymore.
We had them at Blackdown in 2011 after the 4-5 washing they start to fade from greem to pink. must be a dye lot issue.

ModlrMike said:
I also note that there's no identifying marks on the uniform that tells one they're cadets.

Simple fix with the cadet rank slip-ons.

Boysen said:
The picture I posted is the solution to the OG107 running out. These are brand new uniforms, not revamped old OG's. The quality seems comparable to CADPAT and is far quicker drying then the CADETPAT. It also has the added bonus of not making the cadets look like US Marines.

Marines don't wear berets.........

Pugsley said:
Simple fix with the cadet rank slip-ons.

It's only supposed to be worn with cadet slip-ons. Unfortunately that regulation is not enforced as strictly as is should be.

MGalantine said:
The average civilian will not care or notice, especially when they identify anything in camo as military, regardless of the nation it belongs to.

True,agreed.

Lowlander said:
Why is that Cadet in the Cadetpat wearing a CANADA slip-on and crossed swords on his name tape?
that would be marpat ( U.S. marine  pattern )  i have no clue why that person is wearing it they just look like a tool ( no offense ) one of my friends wore American  BDUs  to a FTX . ALL the reserves and officers chewed him out for it .

arrowsmith95 said:
that would be marpat ( U.S. marine  pattern )  i have no clue why that person is wearing it they just look like a tool ( no offense ) one of my friends wore American  BDUs  to a FTX . ALL the reserves and officers chewed him out for it .

Don't know why, as in the CATOs, other patterns of camouflage is permitted for wear in the field. You would wear ACU in Universal Pattern, or Tigerstripe, hell you could even wear multicam, Finland M05 Woodland pattern or German Flecktarn/Tropentarn and no Reservist or CIC Officer has any right to chew anyone out because it is permitted in the Orders.

CadetPAT is CadetPAT and is not MARPAT. The US Military and Marines got their digital patterns after we gave them the technology to make their own.

Boysen said:
The picture I posted is the solution to the OG107 running out. These are brand new uniforms, not revamped old OG's. The quality seems comparable to CADPAT and is far quicker drying then the CADETPAT. It also has the added bonus of not making the cadets look like US Marines.

Have you ever worn it? The Gen IV CADETPAT (which doesn't look anything close to a marine, not that it ever has) is much more durable, breathable and quick-drying. It's also stain-resistant (proof almost).

lethalLemon said:
Don't know why, as in the CATOs, other patterns of camouflage is permitted for wear in the field. You would wear ACU in Universal Pattern, or Tigerstripe, hell you could even wear multicam, Finland M05 Woodland pattern or German Flecktarn/Tropentarn and no Reservist or CIC Officer has any right to chew anyone out because it is permitted in the Orders.

CadetPAT is CadetPAT and is not MARPAT. The US Military and Marines got their digital patterns after we gave them the technology to make their own.

Have you ever worn it? The Gen IV CADETPAT (which doesn't look anything close to a marine, not that it ever has) is much more durable, breathable and quick-drying. It's also stain-resistant (proof almost).

I have had the displeasure of wearing CADETPAT a number of times. I'll take OG107 any day of the week. In hot weather OG107 breaths better and when it's wet, it dries faster. This is from personal experience as well as talking to a number of cadets who own the stuff. I have no doubt some people do prefer the type of material found in CADETPAT. To each their own. Is it the same camouflage pattern as MARPAT? No. Are the colours so close that they can be confused? Yes. On exercise I have had cadets wearing CADETPAT and one cadet wearing MARPAT (it had the globe and anchor built into the pattern). It wasn't till I got up close that I noticed the difference. IMHO CADETPAT is too similar to MARPAT. Olive drab is just fine and ultimately cheaper to produce.

Boysen said:
I have had the displeasure of wearing CADETPAT a number of times. I'll take OG107 any day of the week. In hot weather OG107 breaths better and when it's wet, it dries faster. This is from personal experience as well as talking to a number of cadets who own the stuff. I have no doubt some people do prefer the type of material found in CADETPAT. To each their own. Is it the same camouflage pattern as MARPAT? No. Are the colours so close that they can be confused? Yes. On exercise I have had cadets wearing CADETPAT and one cadet wearing MARPAT (it had the globe and anchor built into the pattern). It wasn't till I got up close that I noticed the difference. IMHO CADETPAT is too similar to MARPAT. Olive drab is just fine and ultimately cheaper to produce.

Don't see how you could not tell the difference until you got up close, they are very distinctively different. MARPAT has a different colour variance which is more heavy on the green than anything else.

lethalLemon said:
Don't see how you could not tell the difference until you got up close, they are very distinctively different. MARPAT has a different colour variance which is more heavy on the green than anything else.

Because they aren't that different. Especially at distance. There may be different dye lots that would alter the colours of CADETPAT from batch to batch.
As for the whole USMC pattern on cadets thing; when CADETPAT was first sourced it came from an American company, US cavalry, and the "CADETPAT" was listed as a USMC look-a-like pattern. 

rmc_wannabe said:
Really? Cause that certainly looks like revamped OGs to me... maybe its just a bad photo.  ::)

It certainly does look like the thousands of sets of OG combats we had sitting obsolete once we rolled over to cadpat. I know that all those sets went to Cadet Trg Facilities; I was on the truck (just for the ride) that delivered umpteen triwalls upon triwalls full of the OG stuff to Argonaut. All the stuff sitting in depots also got set aside for cadet use. We are talking thousands and thousands of sets of it. A huge volume of this stuff WAS brand new and still in the manufacturer's boxes when we rolled over and it was delivered to CSTCs.

That photo is modified OG combat, but the only modification is the slipon to the front. Other than that, the buttons on OGs have always been exposed (someone mentioned that as a mod earlier in this thread).  Note that dude is wearing obsolete MkIIIs on his feet as well.

There is definitely a requirement to fix the id of the uniform, without distinctive symbols these cadets could be mistaken for legal combatants and we are required by the treaty on Child Soldiers to make this distinction for para military youth organiztions.

The cadetpat uniform was cheaply made with numerous flaws. For the newer OD combats I think they should remove the horrible Swoosh logo on the pocket and place a round RCAC patch on the shoulder (as the uniform and maple leaf on it is OD, the RCAC patch should be OD as well).

fraserdw how would you dress the cadets in a field uniform that is functional and instils espirit de corps. You could also make an argument that Scouts Canada look like child soldiers because they wear a "uniform".

Back