• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*SPOILER WARNING!* Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

To Sum it up in three words:

Needs More Vader!

seriously though, I thought it was very good, definatly the best of the new trilogy, and I can whole heartedly agree that Lucas could have very easily put another 15-30 minutes onto the end of the movie showing a little more stuff.. I was hopeing to see Obi-Wan talking to Qui-Gon too. that would have been cool.

but all in all, I left the theatre feeling satisfied, and wanting to go home and watch Ep. IV, V and VI!!!

Cheers
  Josh

I would like to say.  Way to go anakin you fool.  You killed the Messiah(Dooku) for being too dangerous but you killed the guy who was trying to kill the GOD (Palpatine) for the same reason.

Maybe if you hadn't choked your wife she would still be alive.

Fast? Jedi all his Life? Did you not see Ep 1 and 2, he was already on the path by the end of Ep1 (Yoda to Anakin "Fear is the path to the dark side.  Fear leads to...)  Then Ep 2 were kills all the Sandpeople (paraphrasing Anakin "I killed them all.  The women, the children, all of them").

I thought Ep 3 more than made up for 1 & 2, and yeah the CGI is a bit overdone in some scenes, in others it was amazing  (the opening scene actually gave me vertigo  ;D). 

I only had two beefs 1. How can it rain on Courasant? Rain requires bodies of water to be present doesn't it, and Courasant is just one massive city.

2.  After watching the fight scene between Anakin and Obi-Wan I feel let down when they go at it again in Ep 4 on the Death Star.

Hatchet Man said:
I only had two beefs 1. How can it rain on Courasant? Rain requires bodies of water to be present doesn't it, and Courasant is just one massive city.

The fact that there are no trees or underwater vegetation providing oxygen didn't bother you? 

Ditto the planets made entirely of ice (Hoth) or lava - Lucas is such an effing genius - let's have an entire planet composed of one type of geography!  They don't need photosynthesis, they can use the Force to breathe!

Anakin didn't choke Padame to death, she gave up when she saw what Anakin had become...they implied that when she was in the medic bay (paraphrase 'Nothing medically wrong w/ her. She has just given up the will to live'

Well at least thats my interpretation.

reality_therapy said:
Anakin didn't choke Padame to death, she gave up when she saw what Anakin had become...they implied that when she was in the medic bay (paraphrase 'Nothing medically wrong w/ her. She has just given up the will to live'

Well at least thats my interpretation.

Yup.

Another grievance I have with the movie is how kenobi defeated anakin.
Kenobi had his ass handed to him by dooku, who anakin easily disposed of.Then kenobi fights anakin, and its a tight battle? well okay, its not that important.
but, "Its over Anakin; I have the high ground"

wtf is that? you beat him because you were slighly more elevated? why didnt he just stand on a table earlier and win that way.

"Hey obi wan, tell us about how you defeated darth vader that time"
"oh, i was a few feet higher up than he was"
"... oh"
"yeah, always take stilts wherever you go"

Hatchet Man said:

You ever see "Cowboy Bebop" (if not its a Japanese show)? Maybe its just like that where somebody is sitting in a control room somewhere sitting on a button that makes it rain, a button that makes it snow, etc.

Something that baffles me:

In Ep III Yoda tells Obiwon that Qui gon has learned how to move back and forth between the dead and the living (or at least communicate between the two worlds) and this becomes Obi's training until the next movie.
Fast forward to Ep IV: In the fight between Vader and Obi, Vader never actually 'kills' Obiwon. All you see is Obiwon disappear before Vader's light saber strikes him. Same with Yoda, he doesn't really die, he just disappears.
My question is: what are the figures we see at the ewok party (finale for Ep VI)? Are they ghosts or holograms of Yoda and Obiwon who are someplace else in the galaxy, because i frankly can't tell the difference.

My beef with the whole series:

Sometimes I wonder if George Lucas has a strange fetish for giant pits!!!!!
Every time a main character is in peril or is about to die there is always a massive hole to leave no doubt in your mind that "yup, that'll kill him"
Think about it:
----Ep I in the final light saber fight Qui Gon is killed next to a pit; Obi Won dangles in the pit while he's tormented by Darth Maul. Maul in turn receives his just reward by being severed in half but just for good measures we'll make him fall 5,000 feet into oblivion. I mean comon Georgy, you put guard rails everywhere else in the movie except in the one obvious place they are needed. Mr. WHIMIS would not be pleased.
----Ep II its been a while and my memory is failing me but I'm sure there is pit in there.
----Ep III Obi won chasing General Grievass is foiled by the clones who execute order 66. And what is Obiwon's apparent death (or so believed by the clones) he and his pet iguana fall into (*gasp*) a pit!!!! Then just before Obiwon kills Grieves he's again dangling over a pit
-----Ep IV again, its been a while since I last saw but there's a pit in there somewhere (correct me if I'm wrong)
-----EP V Our hero, Luke Skywalker, learns that Vader is his father while he dangles over yet another pit
-----EP VI and finally, the emperor is tossed down yet another pit.

I have yet to see it, but I think I will, hearing the mostly positive things.

But I have a question, and its really only a minor plot hole if true...but...

Didn't Leia say in RotJ that she remembers her mother, if only briefly, when she was younger?

And in this movie, I hear that she (Padmé, Leia's mother) dies during childbirth?

Someone who has seen this can correct, confirm, wholly not give a d***, just curious.

Baloo said:
Didn't Leia say in RotJ that she remembers her mother, if only briefly, when she was younger?

Probably Senator Organa's wife.

I didn't understand where the name "Vader" came from.. he just sorta labelled him that for no reason..maybe I missed something?

I believe it is Father in an old language.

Baloo said:
I have yet to see it, but I think I will, hearing the mostly positive things.

But I have a question, and its really only a minor plot hole if true...but...

And in this movie, I hear that she (Padmé, Leia's mother) dies during childbirth?

Someone who has seen this can correct, confirm, wholly not give a d***, just curious.

No, she did say that.Lucas messed up.

Overall, it was much better than the last two.
just some minor points I was a bit iffed by, I mentioned earlier.
If you like star wars you have to see it, obviously.

RossF said:
I didn't understand where the name "Vader" came from.. he just sorta labelled him that for no reason..maybe I missed something?

After that, he seemed to lose his ability to create names...

Maul. Ooooo.

Sidious. Ooooooooo.

General Grievous! OOOOOOOOOoooooo.

I just saw ROTS and I have say that I really enjoyed it . I have  been a star wars fan ever sense I was kid .  I know that allot of people arnt happy with the latest Trilogy but I thought all of them where number one in my book . Just hope that there not the last . It would be sad to see the end of star wars .

I loved the movie, I think it really tied the whole series together. When I was leaving the theater I was kind of sad though, it's over- no more Star Wars movies to look forward to.

Back