• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Subscriber Status Board ( merged )

This is a cool feature.  Now I can crackbook and army.cabook.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Folks,

I just added a "recent status updates" box to the main page. It shows the last 10 statuses that subscribers have set, just to give the general populace an idea of what you're up to. ;)

Still needs some work, but it's a start.

How come I can't see anything on the main page called "Recent Status Updates" ??? Is it just me??

???

ArmyVern said:
How come I can't see anything on the main page called "Recent Status Updates" ??? Is it just me??

???
Look on the right side of the page, you may have to scroll over. It's right over photo of the moment, an under advertising. Hope it helps  ;)

Mike, just a suggestion on this.  Is there a way to put that status line on our profile page?  If we have had a status for awhile (ex. "is on leave"), it won't show up on the home page.  Yes, people can see it by looking at a recent post of ours.  But if they happened to be looking at our profile to send a PM, they would know then that maybe we would answer or not. (ex. I put in mine if I am working, so people might realize that they won't get a reply back to a PM since we can't send them from the DIN anymore!)

Good idea, I'll see what I can do about that.

Cheers
Mike

I've changed my status and it is not on the status board on the main page; or at least I can not see it.

van Gemeren said:
I've changed my status and it is not on the status board on the main page; or at least I can not see it.

It's not under your name on the left hand side of this screen either. Are you a subscriber?? The status thingy is only available to site-subscribers.

If so,

Go up top and click "edit", but in order to make your update "stay" hit "enter" after you've typed it in. Just type it ... and hit "enter" to see if that works for you.

Vern

Could have sworn I tried that, oh well it works now and loving it. I'm sure the novelty will wear off in a couple of days.

Thanks

I've changed my status a couple of times here and there, and would like to clear it but I can't change it now. ( My leave is finished.. :p ) Has anyone else experienced an issue or am I simply missing something here...

BeyondTheNow said:
I've changed my status a couple of times here and there, and would like to clear it but I can't change it now.

See also,

What is this new "status" thing?
http://army.ca/forums/threads/64533.25.html
2 pages.

Thanks Mike. Unfortunately, there's still an issue. I changed my status before I went on leave 2 weeks ago and can't clear it/change it at all now. The subscriber piece isn't applicable to me, as my subscription expired a while ago and I haven't renewed it yet....or was it a fluke that I could adjust my status at all then? :dunno:

It’s a bit of a flaw in the system. Only subscribers can change status, so if that status lapses you can’t change or clear it any more. I’m out at the moment but if you’d like I can wipe it when I get back.

Cheers
Mike

BeyondTheNow said:
Thanks Mike. Unfortunately, there's still an issue. I changed my status before I went on leave 2 weeks ago and can't clear it/change it at all now. The subscriber piece isn't applicable to me, as my subscription expired a while ago and I haven't renewed it yet....or was it a fluke that I could adjust my status at all then? :dunno:

Mike Bobbitt said:
It’s a bit of a flaw in the system. Only subscribers can change status, so if that status lapses you can’t change or clear it any more. I’m out at the moment but if you’d like I can wipe it when I get back.

Cheers
Mike

If you can, I'd appreciate it. Thank you Mike!

Mike Bobbitt said:
Your leave has been cancelled. ;)

Thanks Mike! (Who knew there'd actually be a point at which I'd be happy to hear a statement like that  ;)

Back