• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sunglasses

So...

you want to wear sunglasses on top of your head indoors? That is what I'm taking away from that...

Otherwise, I'm fairly certain the only time you'd be outdoors with no headdress is either at sea on a ship (no issue with sunglasses there), on an active airfield (but wouldn't you be wearing a helmet? Or possibly the glasses then become a form of FOD) or in a smoke pit (see rules for at sea on ship).

Maybe I just need a specific scenario and not a generalized question...
Army, in the field such as in a CP or another form of operational equipment. In garrison but in a meal tent.

Look, I’m understanding what you’re saying. You’re probably not understanding what I’m saying. I’m just seeing if there are any standards that explicitly says to not have sunglasses on the head. Not just some persons word, all I’m getting at.
Not every order you're likely to receive during your career will be explicitly written down. As long as the order is not manifestly unlawful, then you're duty bound to follow it. Your feelings about it don't matter. If this is indeed the hill you're willing to die on, then I wish you a quick death, because it probably won't be painless.

EYEGLASSES/SUNGLASSES​

1. Eyeglasses and sunglasses are permitted for wear in all orders of dress.
  2. Designated Duty Personnel.Personnel serving in aircrew, field and other designated positions may obtain from the CAF Supply System and wear:
    1. Sunglasses (aircrew) ; or
    2. Ballistic Eyewear.

I would suggest that the key aspect of this is permitted for wear, and what that means - which would be worn as intended on the face to screen ones eyes. Especially for a Garrison setting, you probably aren't going to find a sympathetic acceptance that back on the head is acceptable...

Personally my biggest shocker was that going Commando is now legit.

UNDERGARMENTS​

1. Undergarments are optional with the order of dress 1, 2 and 3. If worn, they shall not change the appearance of the uniform.

EYEGLASSES/SUNGLASSES​

2. Designated Duty Personnel.Personnel serving in aircrew, field and other designated positions may obtain from the CAF Supply System and wear:
    2. Ballistic Eyewear.

I would suggest that the key aspect of this is permitted for wear, and what that means - which would be worn as intended on the face to screen ones eyes. Especially for a Garrison setting, you probably aren't going to find a sympathetic acceptance that back on the head is acceptable...

UNDERGARMENTS​

1. Undergarments are optional with the order of dress 1, 2 and 3. If worn, they shall not change the appearance of the uniform.
I read that too, definitely a shocker. Be a shame if someone forgot to zip up their fly

Look, I’m understanding what you’re saying. You’re probably not understanding what I’m saying. I’m just seeing if there are any standards that explicitly says to not have sunglasses on the head. Not just some persons word, all I’m getting at.
There are technically no standards saying you have to tuck in your DEU shirt, but somehow those are followed.

My question is why you want to keep sunglasses on your head indoors, instead of putting them in a pocket? That just sounds like a great way to lose them.

EYEGLASSES/SUNGLASSES​

2. Ballistic Eyewear.

UNDERGARMENTS​

They're obviously not wearing clinical whites anymore...we were specifically told "no killer bunnies" on our gitch AND that we had to wear something, since they were largely see through.

I read that too, definitely a shocker. Be a shame if someone forgot to zip up their fly
Given the sharpness of the zippers on Canadian Combat Pants, one probably would only do that once.

-helmets on
Years ago in Petawawa a friend of mine went to take a piss - and then we heard screaming, a call for Medics - and then 427 sent a bird to MedEvac him from the training area -- he zipped his piece into the zipper and tore the shaft.
When "Something about Mary" came out - everyone got a good laugh but Mike with the "We got a bleeder"

And a cheer went up from the Highland regiments.

This, this is a hill I’d die on
1723659939634.png

The Sgt. may not always be right but they are always the Sgt.

Yes but not for that.
Ask me how I know.

I also remember having to calmly tell someone that because they are wearing a gun belt (we were deployed), it probably means that they should also wear their normal belt on their CADPAT pants for…other reasons.

Their entire counter was “well it says we need to wear a belt”.

Given the sharpness of the zippers on Canadian Combat Pants, one probably would only do that once.

-helmets on
Years ago in Petawawa a friend of mine went to take a piss - and then we heard screaming, a call for Medics - and then 427 sent a bird to MedEvac him from the training area -- he zipped his piece into the zipper and tore the shaft.
When "Something about Mary" came out - everyone got a good laugh but Mike with the "We got a bleeder"
Knew someone who was recoursed for a similar issue - the recovery time took them away from course too long after the necessary emergency adult circumcision.

Back