• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sunglasses

For garrison wear - a wide elastic headband in the appropriate service dress colour with the pouch on the right-hand side and a cap badge above the left eye?
Malaysiamoji Yes GIF by Maxis

You’re probably not understanding what I’m saying. I’m just seeing if there are any standards that explicitly says to not have sunglasses on the head. Not just some persons word, all I’m getting at.

I understand that you tend to dismiss, with cheap cliches, the considerable experience and wisdom of those with a few more years on the planet than you, for one.

All of the rules and regulations in existence already take up more than enough paper and electrons, writing and amending them takes up a lot of time and effort, and nobody can remember a fraction of their contents. Do you really have to have everything rigidly codified?

I went through about 30years of pictures and in 20k something pictures I found only two of me wearing my sunglasses on my head in uniform, both in Afghanistan.
1) clowning around in the Queens Palace pointing my pistol at some Taliban scribbles support OBL.
2) posing outside a tent.

Now I know I did it more often, as I recall several MWO’s bitching about it in DFAC line's, which was usually accompanied by complaints of a dirty uniform or that I wasn’t shaved, or my carbine was painted.

But I really can’t understand the desire to try to die on a nonexistent hill about sunglass position in garrison. I’m the last person typically to give two shits about dress and deportment uniformity, but there is an easy answer and it simply involves putting a sunglasses case in one’s pocket.

Oh I found a third picture

IMG_2287.jpeg

Back