• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Supp res to primary res CT

How do I speed up transfer?

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cwes

Inactive
Reaction score
I released from the Reg force in December. I was supposed to directly transfer to the Primary Reserves but the release personnel didn't do their job.

I was transferred to the supp res and have been waiting to get in ever since, it would appear as though the administration is complicated or the clerks are being misled by the brigade reservists.

Any suggestions?

Cwes said:
I released from the Reg force in December. I was supposed to directly transfer to the Primary Reserves but the release personnel didn't do their job.

I was transferred to the supp res and have been waiting to get in ever since, it would appear as though the administration is complicated or the clerks are being misled by the brigade reservists.

Any suggestions?

Something very similar happened to me. My solution was to approach the PRes unit I was interested in and have them start the ball. It took me less than two months.

The Army reserve is not know for their recruiting efficiency... go Navy!

Ha, I appreciate that. I have been in contact with the unit for 7 months and they have been at it. It's quite the administrative nightmare. Hopefully things work out!

I sense this is a failure of Army recruiting. To wit: I had a young lady at my civi work who wanted to join the reserves. She was told by the Militia that it would take at least two years. I had her sworn into my unit in three months.

ModlrMike said:
I sense this is a failure of Army recruiting. To wit: I had a young lady at my civi work who wanted to join the reserves. She was told by the Militia that it would take at least two years. I had her sworn into my unit in three months.
We've had folks sworn in here in 41 Brigade in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ModlrMike said:

Lucky her. I am actually becoming quite frustrated. The Supp Res is supposed to be easy return entrance but it has been nothing short of a nightmare. The Supp Res personnel won't even respond to my emails despite the fact that I have told them that recruiters have told me they don't know what to do, even while in contact with the Supp Res. Especially being a student, the military has effectively screwed me around after my release.

Was RegF for 22.5 yrs then Supp Res for almost 4 yrs. Applied for a Class A PRes position in Feb 15, signed the paperwork in Jul 15. The multi-step "initial applicant - pilot" medical slowed things down (out more than 2 yrs so needed a newbie off the street med despite having 22+ yrs previous time as a pilot).

Bottom line in my case: having skilled, interested people handling my file made all the difference. Can't say enough good things about the 1 CAD ARAF OR...they were/are a great bunch and must've worked some magic to get me back in as quickly as they did. Hopefully you can get your situation unbuggered by talking to the right folks.

Cwes said:
Lucky her. I am actually becoming quite frustrated. The Supp Res is supposed to be easy return entrance but it has been nothing short of a nightmare. The Supp Res personnel won't even respond to my emails despite the fact that I have told them that recruiters have told me they don't know what to do, even while in contact with the Supp Res. Especially being a student, the military has effectively screwed me around after my release.

Similar situation. Took a pause in the Primary Reserves while working in the Oilsands running a 1-man radio/mapping CP for exploration, then retooling as a developer in Toronto. I approached the local reserve unit there, met people, had an interview with the RSM, then was invited to and  attended the unit xmas dinner. I thought I was going to be in shortly after.

I misjudged. I was told that a shortstaffed OR was the culprit many a time. Eight months later of occasionally prodding my contact (a SSM of the Regt), I rescinded the request for transfer and intend on letting my time in the Supp Res run the clock quietly. I'm happily employed both in day job and side projects, but I am really disheartened of the whole thing. When I first talked about going in the Supp Res with some older and wiser friends in Ottawa, I was told that this was a tool designed for retention of those in critical times of their lives: First job after university, first child, and other major milestones where a bit of ED&T wouldn't cut it. I'm happy to see some people get back in though. Hopefully you did as well.

Back