• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sweet raise for LCIS Techs

BigDaddyFatback

Inactive
Reaction score
In case you other techs out there did not see, we got a sweet raise....check the Canforgens......Yeah!!

BigDaddyFatback said:
In case you other techs out there did not see, we got a sweet raise....check the Canforgens......Yeah!!

Yeah!! and if you check elsewhere on this site you will find that CANFORGEN and links to the Pay Tables.

SEARCH is a wonderful TOOL that even LCIS Techs should be able to use.

Wooo hooo with spec pay1 - 6.5% increase total... I am planning how to spend it already - shhh don't tell hubby... it isn't like it's really HIS money ...  >:D

gravyboat said:
Don't forget the operators.  I get paid just as much to break stuff.

Actually, they get paid a heck of a lot more than we do. An LCIS Tech Cpl (or any spec pay Cpl for that matter) makes more than a standard Sgt.

Well more Signals trades get spec pay then don't. . .  LCIS, ATIS and 291.  Just the Linemen and Sig Ops that don't.  :p

I'm off to train hard for the Fairfax Webber Competiton JSR is holding. 

Glenn

Shut up glen!!!!!

Bitter old radop ops I mean sig op, opps Je suis Operateur de Transmisions.

Only difference between some sig ops and most LCIS is that Sig Ops dont get handed the tools to do what LCIS do...oh and the spec pay.  Hmmmm how hard is it to swap a hub battery or rad card in a 522????

If it was offered to us...yes.  I firmly believe in the amalgamation of both trades.

The C&E trades will not merge under MOSART. There will be a re-organization of common training
and intial experience of members before they are fed into these trades.  Until it is set in stone
and implemented, watch and shoot.

Rgr, watch and shoot has been the modo for the last 5-10 years. Really nothing has changed yet other than the no-fail policies at CFSCE, guaranteeing us nothing but the best and brightest Siggies, oh... and 10K-20K signing bonuses. :salute:

D3V1L6 said:
Only difference between some sig ops and most LCIS is that Sig Ops dont get handed the tools to do what LCIS do...oh and the spec pay.   Hmmmm how hard is it to swap a hub battery or rad card in a 522????

I hate it when radops beak-off about spec pay...  and say techs are just part changers.  How about I compare the most basic task of the SigOp trade... DO you thing Sig Ops deserve spec pay for making coffee in a command center? You are looking at the LCIS trade with one eye closed buddy.

Now, if you want spec pay, do what I did when I was an operator.. Put up or shut up.. I remusterd to LCIS, lost my position on the merit list, went back to school, completed POET and LCIS, and now I make spec pay.

Heh heh heh........At least everyone makes more than we did 15 years ago. I feel absolutely sorry for any of the new kids getting posted to Edmonton.

Geez, I wrote that thread in Kandahar a long time ago....I didnt think it was going to cause such a stink...lol....

BigDaddyFatback said:
Geez, I wrote that thread in Kandahar a long time ago....I didnt think it was going to cause such a stink...lol....

Hehe. Can only cause a stink to those that want the pay but not redo the training at CFSCE...LIVE with YOUR decisions!!
\< I remustered to LCIS..and yes I just LOVE being a Cpl again cleaning the lunch room....with spec pay!!>

D3V1L6 said:
If it was offered to us...yes.  I firmly believe in the amalgamation of both trades.

believe me, if you met some of the sig ops going through now(CFSCE), the shit that they do in their shacks...youd be amazed they are still in the forces,

Remembrance day last year, the fire alarm was going off in their shacks, the MPs and fire dept came, the MPS first, what did they find...someone riding a mini pocket bike around in the hallway

dont get me wrong, i know sig ops do alot, i have sig op buddies that i ask why did you not go LCIS, same trade fro the most part other than POET, Spec Pay, and alot of the component level fault finding, all i know is once i hit spec, i am gonna enjoy every cent of it

on recruiting my first choice was sig op, then i got offered any trade b/c of my aptitude score, so i went with something that gets paid more of course

I heard about that course with the pocket bike. Actually knew a few people on it, funny part is a few got posted to Pet (the one on the pocket bike as well) and they are hating it

Back