• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Switch Trades???

Frankonopolous

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey so i recently just bombed my CFAT, f*** long division.....and apparently im smart enough to be a dumb cook. I decided its better then nothing and im just wondering, in the future would i be able to re-test, and try to get into a different trade, (not a cook) .

Frankonopolous said:
and apparently im smart enough to be a dumb cook.

Good attitude there....

Do not join the CF as something you are not happy with,  won't benefit anyone.  Wait X amount of weeks/months, study what you did poor on and do the test again. 

Looking at your profile,  you are in the recruiting process but you are a Pte in the FGH?

I'm sure there are lots of people who can't wait to be cooks. Don't take one of there spots just on the hope you can change trades later.

Of course you can retest and switch trades later down the road! It would be a HUGE mistake to have someone like you be  just a stupid cook. Any trade would be lucky to have you! And of course you should start at as a major, rather than a stupid private.

Good luck!  :)

Frankonopolous said:
Hey so i recently just bombed my CFAT, f*** long division.....and apparently im smart enough to be a dumb cook. I decided its better then nothing and im just wondering, in the future would i be able to re-test, and try to get into a different trade, (not a cook) .

You won't think the cooks are "dumb" when you are hungry. Even the soggy grilled cheese sandwiches my 13 year old sister makes using the microwave look pretty appetizing after forgetting to take lunch to work. Skeletor's advice is sound as always, you can't go wrong by studying a little more and retesting when you are allowed.  :2c:

-Skeletor- said:
Looking at your profile,  you are in the recruiting process but you are a Pte in the FGH?

Could be PRes in or on BMQ and wanting to CT.  If the trade the OP wants to CT to is one he/she didn't qual for the first time on the CFAT they'd have to re-do, IIRC.

Back