• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Switching Trades

NorthernOtter

Inactive
Reaction score
Another quick question: I am going to be applying for DEO MARS, Pilot, and Logistics. If I accept and offer for MARS, and then in the future wish to re-apply for Pilot, what would that process entail? Let's say that I choose to switch 4 years down the road.

boyko17 said:
If I accept and offer for MARS, and then in the future wish to re-apply for Pilot, what would that process entail?

This may help.

Occupational and Component transfers.
https://army.ca/forums/index.php/board,44.0.html

"OT/CT Questions and Anwers." ( sic )

I was informed that switching trades is possible.  However your pay wont increase till you reach the rank of your previous trade.  This is because when you switch trades your rank will not stay the same.  This could also take a few years.

boyko17 said:
Another quick question: I am going to be applying for DEO MARS, Pilot, and Logistics. If I accept and offer for MARS, and then in the future wish to re-apply for Pilot, what would that process entail? Let's say that I choose to switch 4 years down the road.

The process would entail the exact same thing that you are being subject to now.  And switching occupations 4 years down the road after enrolling as a DEO, probably isn't going to happen.

Back