• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sworn in yesterday, here's my story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorkapp

Inactive
Reaction score
I couldn't be happier - ROTP at Uni. of Guelph, Aerospace Control Officer. I was sworn in yesterday at HMCS Prevost in London along with 17 others. Here's the story of my application:

A bit of background: I'm 5' 10", 185lb guy at 18 pushing 19 years old. I've served as an Air cadet for the past 3 years, and have wanted to join the military since I started high school. This year, I finally decided to start the application process.

Nov 2005 - Paperwork handed in. Applied for Pilot, Air Nav, or Aerospace Control
Dec 2005 - Confirmation of Paperwork processing
Jan 2006 - CFAT: Top 89th Percentile - any trade I wanted was mine!
Feb 2006 - Medical: All is well. Nothing that would keep me from performing my duties.
              - Interview: Actually was kind of fun. My interviewing officer was a pretty cool guy.
Apr 2006 - Aircrew Selection: Failed unfortunately.  :'(
May 2006 - PT Test: Passed. 'Nuff said.
              - Offer comes in: ROTP for Aerospace Control at Civvie U of my choice.
Jun 2006 - Sworn in!

I'm hoping to get my pilot's license and try Aircrew Selection again, but even if that doesn't happen, I'll be just as content being an Aerospace Control Officer.

For now, I'm on LWOP until I leave for IAP on June 24th to join the June 26th IAP crew. Thanks to all army.ca members for posting whatever tips they could in these forums, especially for PT.

ROTP at RMC, IAP on June 26th as well, I fly out on the 23rd, see you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back