• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrades- Improvments Over The Years

Just happened to me 3 times each in Firefox and IE.

I googled army.ca- selected forums page and clicked my way in. Closed the browser, theb re-opened the army.ca bookmark... same error. Went to google again, searched army.ca and got in.

Hope that helps.

Also, I find the site unusually slow.

Not sure if I am the only one to get this or the main page is down.....trying to load army.ca gives this:

QUERY failed : No database selected

even when I loaded a bookmark and hit home on the task bar it gave the same answer

Just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Quote,
Hey Mike, I'm still getting the login on browser restart problem, but it only is a problem on the hompe page. When I go anywhere but the home page I am logged in.

My computer at home has always done this, are you using an older version of Netscape?

I'm using the newest version Firefox and it says I'm not logged in on the homepage (but I am). Any other thread or forum on this webpage works like it did yesterday or any other day. The only problems I've had are on the homepage. Since Mike last posted, "QUERY failed : No database selected" happens everytime and only on the army.ca homepage and none of the others . It does this too on the newest version of IE.

HitorMiss said:
Not sure if I am the only one to get this or the main page is down.....trying to load army.ca gives this:

QUERY failed : No database selected

even when I loaded a bookmark and hit home on the task bar it gave the same answer

Just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Happens to only when I got to http://army.ca but bookmarked version of army.ca forums page has no problems.

I am runing:

Processor: Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 538 (3.20GHz1, 1MB L2 Cache)
Front Side Bus Speed: 533MHz
Memory: 512MB PC-2100 266MHz DDR

Mike, interstingly if you type http://army.ca// homepage loads normally.

Dave

MCG said:
The home page is back!
. . . well, sort of.  If I go there through the back button I will get the error, but it seems to work when I follow a link in.

I haven't been able to reproduce the error for a while.  Is it fixed?

I'm working on it... I *might* have made it better, but I doubt I've fully fixed it yet... I'm going to keep an eye on it in the hopes it's gone or going away. :)

It just happened again for me, so it's definitely not fixed... I'll keep digging, but any info is good. I.E. pages that seem to work vs. those that don't, how long the error appears for, if everyone sees it at the same time (I suspect we all do), etc.

Thanks for your patience all.

Just happened to me again on the home page at 11:39. I pressed the refresh button 44 times before it came back.

Ok, I may have fixed it. If not, I at least know where the problem is out of the thousands of files to look through. ;)

Thanks to everyone for your help, it was instrumental in isolating the source of the problem. If anyone sees the error again, please let me know.

Cheers
Mike

Should I be so optimistic as to say "so far so good?"

Mike, still having the login problem. Login forever, but when I navigate away from the page and come back, I have to login again.

combat_medic said:
Mike, still having the login problem. Login forever, but when I navigate away from the page and come back, I have to login again.

me too, but only at home, not at work.  Odd.

Hey, I've got scroll bars on the sides of almost every message. Could this be from using firefox?

atticus said:
Hey, I've got scroll bars on the sides of almost every message. Could this be from using firefox?

That just started happening to me as well.  I've been using firefox for months and never had that problem before, so I don't think thats it. :-\ 

The login problem now seems to be fixed (for me atleast) :)

I've noticed that I've not received any notification on topics that I've enabled notification on and new posts were submitted. When I checked the topics in question, and clicked on the "Notify" button, the window indicates "Do you wish to disable notification". Is this a known issue?

Back