• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tactical Aircraft Security Officer ( TASO )

I spent an entire day in a C2 course trying to figure out why they kept talking about Air to Air Refueling… they were talking about After Action Reports.
I know of at least 3 terms that use the acronym SAR. I can even use all of them in one sentence:

The SAR (Security Acceptability Report) for Airplane X states that they can use the SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar), for SAR (Search and Rescue).

I spent an entire day in a C2 course trying to figure out why they kept talking about Air to Air Refueling… they were talking about After Action Reports.

When I got back to the fleet, I went on an ILP (individual learning plan) to get my Category back. I had also been promoted but didn’t need ILP (Intermediate Leadership Program) because I’d done SLC way back when.

Was talking to a buddy of mine in Ops who is also a WO who is also on a Cat ILP and leadership ILP.

When he asked me when my ILP was, I thought he meant Category and said “I’ve been on it for a few months now.” That confused him. So I thought he must mean Leadership ILP and then said “oh wait. I did that in 2002 so I don’t need it”. He also thought must have been talking about flying ILP so became even more confused. It quickly turned into the most confusing conversation I’d taken part in for a long time.

I think at the end of it, we just stopped talking and he walked out of Ops. 😂

I know of at least 3 terms that use the acronym SAR. I can even use all of them in one sentence:

The SAR (Security Acceptability Report) for Airplane X states that they can use the SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar), for SAR (Search and Rescue).
Don't forget "Salmon Aquaculture Review", they were upset when I pointed out their acronym was taken.

When I saw this thread was active again, I returned to it hoping for some new insights into the CAFs approach, having trained with some civilian APOs.

This was not to be.

Just wear a Jays hat and you’ll be 🤙🏻

Just wear a Jays hat and you’ll be 🤙🏻

frustrated the muppets GIF

When I saw this thread was active again, I returned to it hoping for some new insights into the CAFs approach, having trained with some civilian APOs.

This was not to be.
The more the CAF advances into the 21st century the more it regresses into the 20th

Back