• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tan berets and other CANSOFCOM, JTF, and CSOR fashions [1st split: CSOR]

I think the crossed arrows from the 1SSF should be in there somewhere.The Green Berets have  it to remember the old unit. :salute:

You'll start seeing Tan berets around Petawawa as of Thursday.

Strike said:
Duey,

I just read your reply to Randy and he says that's why you probably won't be the CO of 427.

LOL.  Strike, you're probably right...no tan beret for me when it comes to CO...I think someone has my name scratched in for something else...time will tell.  Still will get to wear tan for a few years anyway....hu-ah!

Cheers,
Duey

short final said:

Put mine on Feb 1st. Funny to see if they make me wear the tan beret when i am in CF's or am i going to get a tan peak cap for my DEU's

painswessex said:
Put mine on Feb 1st. Funny to see if they make me wear the tan beret when i am in CF's or am i going to get a tan peak cap for my DEU's
So....on the First, when you are standing in line at the Timmies at Canex, you can point you out and yell "Hey! Smoke Grenade! How's it going?"   ;D

On a more serious note, I don't think you will see tan peak caps coming into the Supply System (I know you may have more knowledge on that) and that the Unit Order of Dress may land up being 'only the beret'........along the lines similar to the Airborne, where the Unit dress was the Maroon Beret.

Piper said:
If your not interested in joining...why bother? So you can dress up like a CSOR operator on the next cadet camp?

Ya and run around with my top secret documents  ::)

Has anyone seen any pics of our soldiers in their new berets yet? 

No units under CANSOFCOM have officially stood up yet, so no one will have the tan beret yet.

427 will get their's Thursday.

George Wallace said:
So....on the First, when you are standing in line at the Timmies at Canex, you can point you out and yell "Hey! Smoke Grenade! How's it going?"   ;D

On a more serious note, I don't think you will see tan peak caps coming into the Supply System (I know you may have more knowledge on that) and that the Unit Order of Dress may land up being 'only the beret'........along the lines similar to the Airborne, where the Unit dress was the Maroon Beret.

Smoke grenade.....I thought i was knowen as swiss cheese....or turtle

George Wallace said:
So....on the First, when you are standing in line at the Timmies at Canex, you can point you out and yell "Hey! Smoke Grenade! How's it going?"  ;D

Finally, folks will get to wear a beret with AF DEUs....'bout time.  Maybe I'll frame my wedge...never to be worn again...ooops, cna't jump the gun...have to get to the unit first...he he.

Cheers,
Duey

short final said:

I seen a Tan Wedgie today... 

Duey said:
Finally, folks will get to wear a beret with AF DEUs....'bout time.  Maybe I'll frame my wedge...never to be worn again...ooops, cna't jump the gun...have to get to the unit first...he he.

Cheers,
Duey

Don't frame your Wedgie just yet Duey...  a Birdie is sending me a pic of a Tan Wedgie later... more to follow...

Cheers
Pop

"Another cadet, looking to impress his friends." by Recce41

Ill have to apologise, god forbid a cadet  :eek: asks questions about the military. You are right I am of course trying to impress everyone here by being the best super ninja commando I can be. Last time I checked though there are several ex-cadets who have joined the armed forces and maybe I'm wrong but wasn't the point of cadets to interest the youth in the CF. But of course I am a lowly cadet so you must be right Mr. army man, please don't hurt me i just want to be a super ninja!!!
Not!
I find it quite irritating when everyone assumes that when a cadet posts something other than in radio chatter or the cadet forum that they are either quite naive or trying to show off.  There are of course the odd cadets who ask stupid questions, mine on the other hand was not stupid. The title of a few threads on this same topic said " CSOR first mention in the media" so I figured that possibly there would be some link to a news agency or something of the sort. All I ask for is give an equal chance to everyone be they cadet or reg forces or PRes and don't ridicule us. Thank you. Rant off.

UBIQUE!!!

Alright gents,

Let's just take a breather here, and keep on topic.

C/ M.Bdr. Banks only asked a question, that I am sure he not find going throught the whole thread.

This is a fantastic topic that does not need to be locked over insults.

dileas

tess

short final said:
No units under CANSOFCOM have officially stood up yet, so no one will have the tan beret yet.

427 will get their's Thursday.

There is one unit so far... and CANSOFCOM HQ puts them on as of Monday.

There is also going to be a CANSOF capbadge coming down the pipe soon.

Popurhedoff said:
I seen a Tan Wedgie today... 

Don't frame your Wedgie just yet Duey...  a Birdie is sending me a pic of a Tan Wedgie later... more to follow...

Cheers
Pop

LOL!  Pop, believe it or not, I have seen a wedge in CADPAT, but I think it was some enterprising Safety Systems Tech sewing it up as a lark!

I think I'd be sticking with a beret...he, maybe you guys will get tan coveralls for working on the Griffys?  ;D

Cheers,
Duey

Duey said:
I think I'd be sticking with a beret...he, maybe you guys will get tan coveralls for working on the Griffys?  ;D

Cheers,
Duey

Are you sure you don't want one of these.... ya know you do....

Click on link for pic:

f06bbf77.jpg

Here is a picture of the new ... Aircrew jammies and beret:

f06bbf78.jpg

another view I guess:
f06bbd94.jpg

I am not sure about these pics... the Birdie is not the most reliable... must be Lieberal.

Popurhedoff said:
Are you sure you don't want one of these.... ya know you do....

Click on link for pic:

f06bbf77.jpg

Here is a picture of the new ... Aircrew jammies and beret:

f06bbf78.jpg

another view I guess:
f06bbd94.jpg

I am not sure about these pics... the Birdie is not the most reliable... must be Lieberal.
I'll go for a set, Pop!  How much$ ?  ;D

Cheers,
Duey

And Duey used to fly "hooks for 450 too -- so we know he was a good guy  ;)

Keep in mind 450 did the RCMP SERT task and the follow on prior to it going tits up.  Secondly keep in mind as well prior to 9/11 JTF did not have a great deal of exposure/requirement for non Dom CT missions -- so as it evolves so does the support entities in both CSOR and 427 SOAS.

To futher make a an issue of things - WTF is it with giving non operational pers the tan hat?
  I had understood that it was not going to be a gim'me but part of a badging issue at the completion of a course fro non SOAC qual'd individuals.

Well, Kev....I don't think we should limit the tan beret just to graduates of Special Operations Aviator's Course...  >:D

Duey

;D cute

I just find it odd that a tech in 427 will get it for nothing other than being there (no offence Pat  ;) ) - but a Infanteer with have to undergo selection (less than SOAC and not Duey's aviation course  :p ) to get the hat -- kinda like Airborne Indoc I guess.  I'd make ALL the folk (esp HQ) do a little pain and torture for their hat.

Back