• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tan berets and other CANSOFCOM, JTF, and CSOR fashions [1st split: CSOR]

T Man said:
Who said it was allowed? It certainly wasn't but we did it all anyways with Col Barr's sxxt shield.

I think it proved a point. For all other occasions it is back to Wedge with 1As. MTF.

T Man, are there AIRCOM-specific dress regs or is it what the CFP-265 states?  Sounds like something the CANSOFCOM CWO can address at the next Buttons and Bows meeting, n'est-ce-pas?

Cheers,
Duey

Rumour has it that it went all the way to CAS. Like I said MTF. Off to CYHU tomorrow to drop some off to the boys on course. Have to make a run to Borden and then Gagtown. YFR to burn baby.

T Man said:
Rumour has it that it went all the way to CAS. Like I said MTF. Off to CYHU tomorrow to drop some off to the boys on course. Have to make a run to Borden and then Gagtown. YFR to burn baby.

Yup, fighting it all the way.  "Deeds speak."

Cheers,
Duey

p.s.  T Man, enjoy the YFR but don't burn it all up...oh wait, old year...nevermind..."two full."

col-david-barr.jpg

http://www.cds.forces.gc.ca/cft-tfc/pubs/biographies/bioColBarr_e.asp

Trakalo said:
Can anyone make out what the Badge on his shoulder underneath the "Canada" half arch says?.

ranger.gif

During these years he completed, amongst other Light Infantry courses, the United States Army Ranger Course, and the Military Freefall Parachutist Course.

I recently witnessed an approximately 250 lb female AF Sgt wearing CADPAT and a tan beret. She is obviously putting the "Special" into the "Special Forces".  :salute:

Hopefully she was given a time frame to go with the beret....

Chimo said:
I recently witnessed an approximately 250 lb female AF Sgt wearing CADPAT and a tan beret. She is obviously putting the "Special" into the "Special Forces".  :salute:

Doesn't sound like anyone in my unit.  AF can be in purple positions too, folks.

Looking forward to some balanced comments, like "hey, look at the salad on the new CO of the SOAS...all that operational experience (6+ tours) and an Ironman athlete as well...good to see..."  Any takers?

Cheers,
Duey

p.s.  jranrose, thanks for posting those pics!

Duey said:
Doesn't sound like anyone in my unit.  AF can be in purple positions too, folks.

Looking forward to some balanced comments, like "hey, look at the salad on the new CO of the SOAS...all that operational experience (6+ tours) and an Ironman athlete as well...good to see..."  Any takers?

Cheers,
Duey

I think you're asking for a bit much Duey, i have a full rack of medals and  the 1 CMBG Mountain Man competition twice and i still get called a "slack air force guy"........Don't hold your breath !!

aesop081 said:
I think you're asking for a bit much Duey, i have a full rack of medals and  the 1 CMBG Mountain Man competition twice and i still get called a "slack air force guy"........Don't hold your breath !!

Actually I was thinking laggard Air Force Chap....

But that's just me...

dileas

tess

Will members of the new regiment , wear a new badge on their new tan beret  or still wear their old regimental or branch badges ???

On the tan beret, each member wears their own regimental/corps hatbadge.

If I sent you some British cap badges, wouldja wear them, just to mess with some heads?

Armymedic said:
On the tan beret, each member wears their own regimental/corps hatbadge.

I really wonder if there is ever going to be an official regimental logo...It would be interesting for them to launch some sort of art contest and design a badge that would reflect what kind of unit CSOR is (bayonets and lightning bolts are a little cliché, but they make one hell of a SF unit capbadge).

Back