• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"tape" on grohmann knife

calno

Inactive
Reaction score
    In cadets we do some work with engineers and I have noticed that on the sheaths of their grohmann they have what looks like tape, correct me if I am wrong. Just interested.

Thanks

calno said:
    In cadets we do some work with engineers and I have noticed that on the sheaths of their grohmann they have what looks like tape, correct me if I am wrong. Just interested.

Thanks
Yes we do have gun tape on the sheaths of our knives.
Due to the variety of jobs we do,the tape comes in very handy at times.
We learnt it from Red Green. ;)

what exactly is guntape? Is it like black duct tape? or is it more like electrical tape?

It's just Olive Drab duct tape. I'm not a sapper, but I too love it and carry it in my webbing..

In pioneers we had tape there as well and would use it in a pinch for taping on dets.

It is usually 1 inch gun tape on the sheath.   It has the same purpose for Engineers as it would have had for Pioneers.

The 2 inch roll is never far (buttpack on the old webbing), and every section has its 4 inch roll.

Oh?  I thought you guys held those Baily brdiges together with the 2 inch stuff.

j/k.

4 inch is the standard bridge fix'n width.  ;D

I thought the gum was for fixing holes in the MFR/MFB

By the way I was a Sapper in my former life.

No no gum is/was used to fix holes in the hulls of DDHs. 4" tape is to fix holes in the wings of heads of states pers. aircraft.

Na, we use the chewy to patch our" Wellies,Sapper,C1 for the use of." ;)

Back