• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Task Force 1-07

Assuming the politicians extend the mission beyond Feb 07, and TF 1-07 actually gets deployed, etc etc.. Would it be realistic to assume TF 3-07 will be handed to LFCA like 3-06 was? And, building on THAT assumption, would the timeframe for selection, pre-training etc be the same as 3-06 was?

You considering going for it, Kells?

From what I've heard, the TF leaving this August was still very short of personnnel as of at least a few months ago- some of the announcements Sgt. H. mentioned on parade a few nights earlier this year sounded almost like they were panicking for personnel, and I've got a family member heavily involved in the logistics of this next roto who confirms that. If you really want a tour, you shouldn't have much a problem getting one in the next few years- again assuming we continue past '07, which is likely.

Just a quick question, when is 3 RCR going over? where is the time table for the units?

Infantry,

3 RCR will not be deploying in the next year or more at least, as it is way down on Personnel and has to reconstitute.

really, darn i thought i saw on some time table that they were going in late 2007. Oh well. I'm just finishing up my DP1 up in Meaford on we were told were going to 3 so i guess I'll wait out and find out when i get to battalion

Infantry,

That time table is out of date do to CSOR standing up after it was produced.

I will hazard a guess that most of you will be going to 3 RCR to make up for all the personnel that they lost to CSOR.

Seen?

Under the MRP, odd-numbered TFs go to Afghanistan.  Even-numbered TFs are in limbo right now, as the gov't has declared that we will not be deploying a second full line of Ops.

According to the plan, 3-07 and 1-08 are both out of 5 CBG (a VanDoo Bn and 12 RBC have the leads).  Not sure about 3-08.  For 1-09, we start the same cycle as in 2006, except that we flip the lines - if a unit was tagged as 1-06, they will become 2-09, and 2-06 becomes 1-09.

Take it all with a grain of salt, though, as it looks like change will start flowing fast and furious.

dapaterson said:
Under the MRP, odd-numbered TFs go to Afghanistan.  Even-numbered TFs are in limbo right now, as the gov't has declared that we will not be deploying a second full line of Ops.

According to the plan, 3-07 and 1-08 are both out of 5 CBG (a VanDoo Bn and 12 RBC have the leads).  Not sure about 3-08.  For 1-09, we start the same cycle as in 2006, except that we flip the lines - if a unit was tagged as 1-06, they will become 2-09, and 2-06 becomes 1-09.

Take it all with a grain of salt, though, as it looks like change will start flowing fast and furious.

I think you ought to forget about MRP.....was dead before it even started.

Airforcematters said:
I think you ought to forget about MRP.....was dead before it even started.

Just because 3 PPCLI (TF 2-07) was stood down does not mean MRP is dead.  It's not.

Not sure about 3-08.

2 PPCLI led TF.

CFL said:
That's if we still go Gunner.

What's for sure in this world other than death and nurses?  Two (+) years is a long time politically and we all know you are not really "going on tour" until you step off the plane in theatre. 

Infantry_ said:
Just a quick question, when is 3 RCR going over? where is the time table for the units?

HitorMiss said:
3 RCR will not be deploying in the next year or more at least, as it is way down on Personnel and has to reconstitute.
HitorMiss said:
That time table is out of date do to CSOR standing up after it was produced.

I will hazard a guess that most of you will be going to 3 RCR to make up for all the personnel that they lost to CSOR.

As HoM stated, 3 RCR is in a state of rebuilding because of the CSOR. They will not be heading overseas in the few couple yrs as a formed unit. The reason there are so many new and young infanteers going there is that they have lost a coy+ of strength, not to mention already being depeted by normal attrition.

Further, 3 RCR commanded the first Bg deployment to Op Athena...they won't get another shot until most of the other units have thier turn. That being said, they may feed other TF with individual rifle companies.

Whos going?

and B, who knows whats going on with the training, and what the deal is with position numbers being filled before any training begins? Because I sure don't and my unit doesnt seem to like passing down information. I didnt even know I was going for work up untill sunday.

Im also wondering as to how many, if any, regular force staff will be overseeing/doing the training in Aldershot.

Finally, according to my position number and information, im supposed to augment hotel company, 2rcr and I was told to go to gagetown april 30th. Now im being told to go to aldershot april 30th.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the crap is going on, thanks.

My first question is have you searched this out yet because I seem to have read a couple threads on TF 1-07

Mack674 said:
Whos going?
Do you have a "Need to Know"?  For OPSEC, we will have you get that info from your Unit, not this site on the Internet.  Open Source Intelligence is used by too many people to publish that info here without the proper clearances.
Mack674 said:
and B, who knows whats going on with the training, and what the deal is with position numbers being filled before any training begins? Because I sure don't and my unit doesnt seem to like passing down information. I didnt even know I was going for work up untill sunday.
Welcome to the CF.
Mack674 said:
Im also wondering as to how many, if any, regular force staff will be overseeing/doing the training in Aldershot.
Back to:    Do you have a "Need to Know"?  For OPSEC, we will have you get that info from your Unit, not this site on the Internet.  Open Source Intelligence is used by too many people to publish that info here without the proper clearances.
Mack674 said:
Finally, according to my position number and information, im supposed to augment hotel company, 2rcr and I was told to go to gagetown april 30th. Now im being told to go to aldershot april 30th.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the crap is going on, thanks.
You probably know more than anyone else on this site; unless you CO is also a member here.   ;D

Mack674 said:
I'm also wondering as to how many, if any, regular force staff will be overseeing/doing the training in Aldershot.

Finally, according to my position number and information, I'm supposed to augment hotel company, 2rcr and I was told to go to gagetown April 30th. Now im being told to go to aldershot April 30th.

None of what I am about to say is OPSEC in anyway but if the MODS decide it is power to them.

First of all the reason you are now going to CFD Aldershot is start/complete your MLOC status (you should already have completed ELOC for 2006 prior to going on to MLOC) and also that is where the TF1-07 battle school is set up, and yes 2 RCR will have instructors there.

Nfld_Sapper said:
None of what I am about to say is OPSEC in anyway but if the MODS decide it is power to them.

First of all the reason you are now going to CFD Aldershot is start/complete your MLOC status (you should already have completed ELOC for 2006 prior to going on to MLOC) and also that is where the TF1-07 battle school is set up, and yes 2 RCR will have instructors there.

What im trying to figure out is where im going... one person will tell me gagetown, another one aldershot, and some of them both. My position number and all that jazz says im to augment 2RCR with 2 other guys from my battallion... and the rest are all filled out for D/S in Aldershot. (from my battalion)

The more people I talk to, the more varied responses I get. Last I was told is that im going to aldershot to do what youve just said, MLOC for the first 5 weeks, and then get sent to gagetown for 2RCR.

Just a short note:

OPSEC

In most cases it is all common sense.  Don't post what Units are tasked.  Don't post what equipment is tasked.  Don't post Timings or locations.  Once the Government or DND makes an official announcement to the Press, then everything is fair game, but until then; keep your mouth shut.  Don't post rumours, or someone will take off with them.  Don't pass on what you may have heard in an 'O' Gp, unless you have also seen it in the News.  If you do pass on something that is already published to the Public, make sure you get it right.

MAC674,

GW hit the nail on the head.  I am at work right now (one of the CBG HQs in LFAA) , and I am looking at the Joining Instuctions for TF1-07, issued 13 Apr 06 by LFAA HQ.  I checked the Dist List and yes, i was right...Army.ca was NOT part of the Action or Information recipients.  :D

Yup, understand you have questions...suggestion?  Ask your unit CoC.  Focus on your "1st timing" and I can guaruntee you that you WILL be getting all the info complete at that "1st timing".  I am not going to even say when/where that is, like GW wisely points out, for OPSEC. 

Furthermore...kinda hard to tell on here who is "legit" and who is "fishing" eh?  You COULD be Joe Civie...you COULD be Ala-akbar...you COULD be CFNIS too...looking for leaks.  Eitherway...as much as I could tell you exactly where you are going and what you will be doing from Phase 1 thru Phase 7...hmm, ever check how many "guests" are logged on here sometimes?

Trust your CoC.  Ask them the questions.  They will tell you what you need to know, when you need to know it.  Good luck with the trng!

MRM

Back