• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tasking in Wainwright

I just got out of Wainwright. I don't know much about the nightlife as I drove to Calgary on the weekends to see my wife. That said, if you want to get out of town and don't have a ride there is usually a tonne of people leaving to Calgary, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan or Lloydminster to hitch a ride with. Lot's of the boys head to Lloyd for the weekend.

I wouldn't recommend going out for a night on the town alone. Most of the establishments are less than classy and there is plenty of riggers and soldiers looking to prove their worth.

The field training lads seem to be fairly busy with the DP-1 and PLQ and exercises. You're usually working with guys from PAT platoon. They're usually pretty good and are volunteers who wanted to get out of the shacks. Occassionaly you'll get a group of lazy guys who got assigned because they are in shit.

The gym is pretty small and can get busy. PAT platoon uses it from 1330-1445 Monday through Friday, then most go back after dismissal at 1500. If you're interested they usually have a game of floor hockey or basket ball at 1500. I've seen a thing about an MMA club too.

Junior Ranks is open every night. Usually pretty dead but they have wireless access and play most of the UFC fights if you're into that.

So in short, bring a book.

Mr Plow said:
Was your unit C.B. for the months while there?  ;D

Once again - Your free time there will be what You make of it, learn to read, find a hobby and if it's a case of no free time while your there then it doesn't much matter where you are now does it?

Now I certainly don't feel Wainwright is the best place on earth - far far from it but from my own experience sitting somewhere whimpering about how much it sucks RARELY EVER makes it any better

Slack and Idle said:
Why's that?
Far as I know, only one of us has a 4x4, everyone else has winter tires. Do they not plow the roads or something?

No plowing method is perfect and a good city plow does you no good when your driveway is too long or the road you want to travel is the last to be plowed.  This is a fact known by many people who live on the prairies but may be less apparent to those who live in the city...

Back