• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tents/Bivvies

jamiew

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello All, I hope this merry missive finds everyone well!
I'm wondering:  What type of tents/bevvies are CF Infantry using now?
I was in in the 80's and we used shelter halves for hooches or put two together, or for ECWS we had the Arctic tents...
I'm interested in purchasing a modern CF surplus ECWS 2 man tent if there is such a thing?...
Something like what the Yanks have:
http://oldsargesdropzone.com/products.php?scatid=64
http://www.loadup.com/eureka-military-extreme-cold-weather-tent-4-man-ecwt.html
Any suggestions or information sincerely appreciated!
Cheers to all, thanks again-JHW

I'm not infantry but from what I have seen, the kit hasn't changed. Have never seen anything in the way of new tents. Still the half shelter carried with the sleeping kit and the good old 10 man bell tent.

10 man tents, 2 man recce tents...everyone gets issued a ground sheet/half shelter and bivvy bag...

Thanks Gents!  "2 man recce tents"  Are they available as surplus somewhere?  Any Manufacturer name?
Thanks again-Cheers-JHW

"2 man recce tents" are really 4 person tents, are they not?.... they've made us fit in them if it's the same tent...

I saw some in a bin at Prefair in Beloeil

Eureka Timberline is the 4 man tent as I recall.  It is a modified A frame.

If you really want a good durable tent, 3 ground sheets and 6 poles (4 five foot and 2 3 foot) makes an excellent and durable Baker Tent.

recceguy said:
Kit stays outside, if you're dumb enough to unstow it from your vehicle.
Sorry 2 with kit 4 with out kit 5 if they are small, Non combat ops. As I work with cadets.

my72jeep said:
Sorry 2 with kit 4 with out kit 5 if they are small, Non combat ops. As I work with cadets.

Kit should still stay outside, but hey, whatever. I'm not worried about it.

With cadets its a kit explosion the tent contains it. If its out side the tent you'll never find the owner.

Just make sure that any metal kit (snowshoes, etc..) stays outside, keeps it from rusting later on...

Yes that Aluminum composit in the snow shoes is a bugger if it rusts

Back