• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thanks folks - I got the job!

aviatrixx

Inactive
Reaction score
I just wanted to write a quick thank you to everyone whom shares their stories, asks questions, and takes time to answer questions on all the forum sites, army air and navy. It really has been a valuabale resource, especially for all the interviews I've done.

I've been in the recruiting process for about two years for CEOTP Pilot,  MARS and INT. There was a long stretch of time of about a year when I heard nothing and recruiting couldn't tell me if I was going to get an offer for pilot despite passing Aircrew at CFB Trenton. Having the forums was a great help; it was good to know other people were in the same boat as I.

CEOTP Pilot was closed so I was offered MARS and I am honoured to have accepted all the challenges the Navy has to offer.

I suspect I'll be at BOTC in September and am enjoying my first, possibly last free summer before the action starts! Bike racing, flying, hiking and taking some time with loved ones.

Thanks again everyone. And best of luck to those of you still in the ol' process!

Are you gonna change your nickname?  ;D

Congrats and good luck! You'll like the Navy. It's a great challenge.

CONGRATULATIONS Aviatrixx!!
2 years!! This is, once more, a nice proof that patience is worth is all  :nod:

Enjoy your summer.
Alea

TimBit said:
Are you gonna change your nickname?  ;D

Congrats and good luck! You'll like the Navy. It's a great challenge.

Naw, I can't change my nickname! I've been flying since I was 17! But you're right, something more nautical would be appropriate now.

And yes I agree with you that the Navy will be a challenge, that's definitely what I've heard. But the sense of camaraderie I felt even just during the NOAB was enough to change my mind that perhaps MARS and the Navy wasn't such a bad 2nd choice! I'm excited to work as part of a professional team. Working in geology for the past almost decade has been soul-crushing. I'm done with lining other people's  pockets, done with the headaches of owning my own business and done with recession related unemployment.

I'm looking forward to the change. And to be honest, it's always been something I've wanted to do. It's only been in my late twenties that I realized that the MOC is far less important than just wanting to serve. Gosh, I kind of wish that I wasn't so set on pilot when I was younger otherwise I would have gone MARS years ago. Oh well, life experience is always valuable!

Anyway, thanks Alea, Timbit and Pokiey for your comments!

:cdn:

Back