• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

I was involved in Air Cadets, attended Basic at CFB Greenwood 1997, AirCrew Survival 1999, Survival Instructors Course 2000. Both of those were at Cloud LAke, NS.

Drop me a pm if you attended those.

so....we had some meeting with the officers and I fould out a few new things...firstly dreadlocks are now authorized.....oh, and so is being a cadet and a reservist....what do you guys think?

DREADLOCKS!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I dislike those....*beats head against wall*

And you've been able to be a cadet and a reservist for a long time. The CATO that made it alright for Army Cadets and Sea Cadets applied tp us pigeons as well........

It's true.  You were always allowed to be a cadet and reservist at the same time.  However, and i believe this has been discussed in another thread, but usually it is not recommended to try and take on both.

PV

WO2_mandal said:
so....we had some meeting with the officers and I fould out a few new things...firstly dreadlocks are now authorized.....oh, and so is being a cadet and a reservist....what do you guys think?

What are dreadlocks??? If I'm thinking correctly its a hair style.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums on this site, I'm a sergeant in 513 Hornet squadron (New Westminster) And I'm the squadron warrant officer. I'm going to apply for power this year and I was wondering if anyone had any advice.

STUDY!!!!!! And when you get there learn the emergency procedures. You need to know htem, and the earlier you know them the easier it is at the end before your flight test.

schwaschwa said:
I was wondering if anyone had any advice.
  Always wear clean underwear lest you be hit by a bus.

schwaschwa said:
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums on this site, I'm a sergeant in 513 Hornet squadron (New Westminster) And I'm the squadron warrant officer. I'm going to apply for power this year and I was wondering if anyone had any advice.

Learn to parachute you will be needing it. Especially if you are anywhere near condor.  :eek:

joking

You wish yoman.........I'm still here and shall continue to be so for decades to come!!!!!

*sees a penny while flying plane* Oh a PENNY!!!!! *Jumps out*

I'll bring the spatula to scrape him off the pavement.

condor888000 said:
You wish yoman.........I'm still here and shall continue to be so for decades to come!!!!!

*sees a penny while flying plane* Oh a PENNY!!!!! *Jumps out*

LOL!!! (reminds me of a joke my flight had at camp)

Oh and Kyle, it must be a big spatula or else it will be hard.

1) Study relentlessly. The only book you need is From the Ground Up. Read it. Do every practice exam you can find. There are practice exams on the Atlantic Region website. There are practice questions in the back of FTGU. There are whole books of practice questions that can be found that aren't cadet questionsl, but filled with multiple choice government speak questions that are good practice.
2) Know the world around you for the interview. Read the paper, read this site and know who's running the show at Parliament, DND, and your region.
3) Be active at the sqn in fund raising, optional activities and do things at high school. The don't want to give a scholarship to someone who'll just cut and run.

Good luck.

changed your displayed name to reflect your cadety ness.

Back