• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The C7 Assault Rifle, M16, & AR15 family (C7A1, C7A2, C7 replacment, and C7 vs M16)

Too bad they're restricted because they're mean looking. Otherwise I'd absolutely pick one up. CAF can't afford for me to go to the range once a year, I might as well try to go myself.

Loachman said:
Reported in the Ottawa Citizen on 1 June 2014 - but don't anybody even think of posting a link - Colt Canada intends to market semi-automatic C7s and C8s, possibly beginning this summer. No forecast price yet.

Looks like well over $2000 probably closer to $3000

Chief Stoker said:
Looks like well over $2000 probably closer to $3000

Or you could buy the Chinese CQ 5.56 M4 Style Semi-Auto Carbine [CQ-A] for $529.00 from Marstar. http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/product.jsp?productid=75213.

And yes, they work just as well, for the average shooter.

recceguy said:
Or you could buy the Chinese CQ 5.56 M4 Style Semi-Auto Carbine [CQ-A] for $529.00 from Marstar. http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/product.jsp?productid=75213.

Already own a Norinco along with others. The only factor for me buying one would be the Diemaco markings like CF issue. Hopefully they'll won't be that expensive.

Chief Stoker said:
Already own a Norinco along with others. The only factor for me buying one would be the Diemaco markings like CF issue. Hopefully they'll won't be that expensive.

Maybe they'll sell the stripped lower receiver?

recceguy said:
Maybe they'll sell the stripped lower receiver?

Hope so, Colt is not know for selling their lowers though

When you can get an imported Colt 6920 for ~$1500 (or a Daniel Defense for $1700), a +$2000 C7/C8 makes no sense.

NinerSix said:
When you can get an imported Colt 6920 for ~$1500 (or a Daniel Defense for $1700), a +$2000 C7/C8 makes no sense.

Does if your getting a Hammer forged barrel, which would justify the price gap

They are also talking about selling a limited supply of the Integrated upper receiver version.

The handguards and stuff will be black to differentiate them from the issue version as well.

From Reddit:
"They will be black (sorry, we had to separate it from the military line somehow), and they won't have the ELCAN C79 sight, and the cocking handle won't be a hook (the one all soldiers disliked)... other than that, they will be pretty much the same as the C7A2 and the C8A3.

As for markings; one side will have the Colt Canada logo, and the other will have the old Diemaco D... our commercial sales div will be known as Diemaco

Source: I work at Colt Canada."

MilEME09 said:
Does if your getting a Hammer forged barrel, which would justify the price gap

DD and BCM use CHF bbl's at the 1500-1700 $ range. So does KAC and a number of others.

recceguy said:

That is a bold statement.

He qualified it "for the average shooter" My Nork M4 has served me well considering I can't take it anywhere but on the range and at most I will put 60rds through it in a day. It's all you need, but if you want more that's ok as well.

I know, that is why I said it is a bold statement. Even the average shooters at my range notice there is something wrong with their Norc AR when they are prompted to ask me to inspect their brass (blown out and ripped/fissured casings) due to out of spec chambers. Their QC seriously lacks and there are far better options for about 200$ more.

Interesting I reload my own and have zero problems with it. I agree QC is not their best strength, then again much of the North American firearms seemed to be suffering QC issues in the rush to meet the market demand. I just jumped onto the surplus DPMS wagon and in July will see what I get.

My first semi-auto was a AG-42b now that was hard on brass, if you could find it afterwards. (I think the brass ejection was meant to be a "Close in defense system" )  ;D

The IRG import from the sandbox? It was a good price for an entry AR. From what I hear they should only have handling marks. They were carried by contractors and probably weren't shot much at all.  If you're one to collect sand samples from around the world, you might find some in the bottom of the action!

Yes those are the ones, interesting enough history that I should be able to weave a completely BS story how it was carried by F troop, SBS as they paddled the rivers of Afghanistan in search of OBL  8)

If I could carry a AR off the range I would get a nicer one, but if that was the case I would likely be using my FAL 

Mr. St-Cyr said:
That is a bold statement.

Not really. I've bought, sold, modified and gunsmithed close to, if not more than a hundred Norinco firearms. I've also custom built a large number of AR style firearms and fixed an equal number for people. I've found.with the exception of final finish (cosmetics don, alter functionality) for the beginner, or averge weekend shooter on a fixed budget, there is nothing wrong with Norinco.  I've seen vuys use the Norcs in matches and unless you looked right at the gun, you'd never know what they were shooting.

recceguy said:
Not really. I've bought, sold, modified and gunsmithed close to, if not more than a hundred Norinco firearms. I've also custom built a large number of AR style firearms and fixed an equal number for people. I've found.with the exception of final finish (cosmetics don, alter functionality) for the beginner, or averge weekend shooter on a fixed budget, there is nothing wrong with Norinco.  I've seen vuys use the Norcs in matches and unless you looked right at the gun, you'd never know what they were shooting.

Yep, I've shot and handled a few that worked fine too. Not saying otherwise.

However, your recourse with Norks, should you be provided with a gun that is woefully/dangerously out of spec because of poor/non-existent QC (like this particular gentleman was), is zero unless the dealer man's up and stands behind his product (which he didn't).

At that price range you are just shy of getting a S&W Sport model anyway.

I am currently looking to purchase my first civi pattern M4 and I know that there are a lot of different manufacturers out there.  Can anyone here please give me some recommendations of good mil spec producers? Your input and any personal experience/feedback both positive and negative would be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to spend about $1500 so that may help with your suggestions.

Many thanks!

X_para76 said:
I am currently looking to purchase my first civi pattern M4 and I know that there are a lot of different manufacturers out there.  Can anyone here please give me some recommendations of good mil spec producers? Your input and any personal experience/feedback both positive and negative would be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to spend about $1500 so that may help with your suggestions.

Many thanks!

Daniel Defense DDM4v7 or the M4 Carbine V3... Both in 6.8Rem SPC II. Approx $1600 after tax and shipping.

http://www.wolverine supplies.com

Back