• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The C7 Assault Rifle, M16, & AR15 family (C7A1, C7A2, C7 replacment, and C7 vs M16)

RedcapCrusader said:
Daniel Defense DDM4v7 or the M4 Carbine V3... Both in 6.8Rem SPC II. Approx $1600 after tax and shipping.

http://www.wolverine supplies.com

I don't think a shooter new to ARs will be well served by a 6.8.

My suggestion is to go to Arms East and tell Walter you are a service member and are looking for your first AR. A 16" DI Stag Arms would do you well. If you can spend a bit more, the DD line is quite nice and is sold exclusively by Wolverines. You could order a genuine Colt 6920 (the original milspec standard M4 for civilians) from Irunguns.

NinerSix said:
Since ARs in Canada can only be used at a range, a more economical and available solution is an AR in .223. Ammunition is readily available in bulk, inexpensive to shoot, accurate.  Stopping power is not an issue when punching paper or banging steel.

http://www.irunguns.ca/store/rifles-for-sale-canada?product_id=186

I believe they have a 200$ mil discount for Colt rifles. Not sure if that is still on but you can't beat that price.

Mr. St-Cyr said:
http://www.irunguns.ca/store/rifles-for-sale-canada?product_id=186

I believe they have a 200$ mil discount for Colt rifles. Not sure if that is still on but you can't beat that price.

No you can't.

RedcapCrusader said:
Daniel Defense DDM4v7 or the M4 Carbine V3... Both in 6.8Rem SPC II. Approx $1600 after tax and shipping.

http://www.wolverine supplies.com

Civvie Question:  I know 5.56 and 7.62 are the two primary NATO rounds, but was curious how helpful national supply chains are in providing alternate ammunition such as the previously mentioned 6.8?  Both at home and in-theatre?

Thanks in advance, Matthew.  :salute:

Supply chains provide ammo for in service weapons.  The CAF frowns on "Bring your personal rifle to work" day.

Cdn Blackshirt said:
Civvie Question:  I know 5.56 and 7.62 are the two primary NATO rounds, but was curious how helpful national supply chains are in providing alternate ammunition such as the previously mentioned 6.8?  Both at home and in-theatre?

NATO countries have all signed agreements to use standard rounds, like 5.56 and 7.62, that way we can borrow ammo from each others supply systems.  The only non-standard ammo in use would be for snipers and that is in relatively small amounts that it's not an issue for the supply chain to handle.

NinerSix said:

My suggestion is to go to Arms East and tell Walter you are a service member and are looking for your first AR. A 16" DI Stag Arms would do you well. If you can spend a bit more, the DD line is quite nice and is sold exclusively by Wolverines. You could order a genuine Colt 6920 (the original milspec standard M4 for civilians) from Irunguns.

I have the DDM4v7. Its really awesome, but yes 6.8 is expensive and difficult to find in bulk. I have to order from out of province... Shipping really kills the wallet too.

Cdn Blackshirt said:

The 6.8 Rem SPCII is slightly larger than 5.56 and provides more stopping power. It was trialled by the US Navy SEALS but was never adopted because the difference between 5.56mmNATO and 6.8 Rem does not outweigh interoperability with other services and militaries so the 5.56 was retained.

Here is how to obtain 200USD military discount on Colt rifles from Irunguns. Great deal.

This is a list of the Colt products on www.irunguns.ca that we cary and offer a $200 USD discount for Mil/LE/CBSA. To obtain your coupon code please send an email with a copy of your current or expired LE/MIL ID to steve@irunguns.ca and I will email you the code. NOTE: You must be logged into our system (not as a guest) to use the coupon code.

COLT AR15-A4 .223 20"HB 30-SHOT BLACK MATTE POLYMER
Colt LE6920 FED
Colt LE6920
Colt LE6900
Colt CRX-16
Colt AR6721 HVY CAR 5.56 16" BBL
Colt AR-15 A2 Government Carbine Dissipator rifle LE trade in
COLT LE901- W/ PARTS KIT 308 16.1 3O MT
COLT LE6940P 5.56 16.1 30R MT
COLT LE6940 5.56 16.1 30R MT in stock
COLT LE6720 CAR 5.56 16.1 30R MT
COLT COMPETITION RIFLE CRP-18
Colt LE6920 MPB
Colt LE6920 SOCOM
Colt LE6933 11.5" 5.56mm
Colt M4 Carbine
Colt MT6400R AR15 M4 Match Target

Bzzliteyr said:
OOh, now do I want to wait for the Diemaco or should I jump on these?

The Diemaco's will have better everything compared to a Colt USA, especially the barrels. Until we know the pricing there isn't a whole lot to indicate they will be a better buy than a DD or a BCM (which both start at about 1500$ and include hammer forged barrels too).

If the price is substantially higher than DD or BCM et al., the reasons for buying Diemaco might venture into the emotional range. Say the nostalgia or the roll marks.

So should I be able to get a firearms retailer to order any of these  manufacturers for me? Or will a retailer only deal in certain brands? Again I apologize for my ignorance on this subject but this is my first time purchasing a firearm.

X_para76 said:
So should I be able to get a firearms retailer to order any of these  manufacturers for me? Or will a retailer only deal in certain brands? Again I apologize for my ignorance on this subject but this is my first time purchasing a firearm.

You have a RPAL, right?

Well, now that that has been settled, I can answer you!

Most dealers carry specific brands. Some will special order what you want. Some will import anything you want, within the constraints of what you can legally possess with an RPAL, from the USA.

IRG, to name one, is an FFL dealer in the USA as well as an importer here in Canadia. You can create an account on armslist or gunbroker or any FFL dealer to find what you want without paying the extravagant/retarded prices Canadian dealers demand. When you found what you want, at the price that suits you, buy it from the FFL dealer. They ship it to the IRG warehouse in AZ and import it for a nominal fee. Add GST and shipping and you're done. I saved 500$ on a purchase delivered to my door when I used gunbroker and IRG.

Or... you can pay street price in Canadia.

Mr. St-Cyr said:
Well, now that that has been settled, I can answer you!

Most dealers carry specific brands. Some will special order what you want. Some will import anything you want, within the constraints of what you can legally possess with an RPAL, from the USA.

IRG, to name one, is an FFL dealer in the USA as well as an importer here in Canadia. You can create an account on armslist or gunbroker or any FFL dealer to find what you want without paying the extravagant/retarded prices Canadian dealers demand. When you found what you want, at the price that suits you, buy it from the FFL dealer. They ship it to the IRG warehouse in AZ and import it for a nominal fee. Add GST and shipping and you're done. I saved 500$ on a purchase delivered to my door when I used gunbroker and IRG.

Or... you can pay street price in Canadia.

Thank you for the info. Do I need to have an ATT before I do this?

When they ask why you want a restricted firearm, you're going to say 'Target shooting' ( never, ever say for 'collecting'). They will then ask what club you belong to and to provide proof. From this info they'll determine if the range is restricted capable and issue you a registration certificate. Go to your club, give them the info required, and they will apply for your ATT.

Now, if you need a short term ATT, to get it from the shop, post box, etc, you can call the CFO office and request one to get the gun home. IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S IN THE PACKAGE ;) If you go to the Post Office, pick up a non descript box, without knowing the contents til you get home and open it, just toss it in the trunk and go home.

Depends how you buy it.

Dealers don't need one to ship it to you. Say you buy one from IRG. They ship it to your home. End of story. Funnily enough, the people that do the shipping don't need ATT's. Lucky them.

If you buy it at a local dealer, you need a short term ATT to take it from there to your home. Of course, you need your long term ATT to take it from your home to your local range. All this, of course, is meant to keep us safe. I know I feel safer already.

Back