• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The CFS Alert Merged Thread

I will speak with the EC pers tomorrow and get thier contact for you.  I will also ask him about unaccompanied baggage for you. 

Kirsten Luomala said:
I will speak with the EC pers tomorrow and get thier contact for you.  I will also ask him about unaccompanied baggage for you. 

Thanks.

Oh, and as an added bonus, you won't be in the dark the whole time. you'll be there for sunset and sunrise, should have light for September/early October, and again starting mid-February.

Haven't been to Alert but I have been all over the Arctic.

My summer travel kit always included a really good folding black out curtain  - a piece of black felt and a roll of duct tape to secure it to any sized window.

Cause that damn sun going round & round in summer can drive you crazy trying to fall asleep.  8)

Does anyone know if CFS Alert is still taking reservist for GD taskings? and if so does anyone the CFTPO or ROE number?

Ptesigpig said:
Does anyone know if CFS Alert is still taking reservist for GD taskings? and if so does anyone the CFTPO or ROE number?

Talk to your Ops Staff. They'll have CFTPO access.

Thats the thing my unit ops cell cant seem to find the cftpo number. So i was hoping someone on the forum might have some info that would help me out.

Ptesigpig said:
Thats the thing my unit ops cell cant seem to find the cftpo number. So i was hoping someone on the forum might have some info that would help me out.

Also looking for the above info.

Scribe said:
Also looking for the above info.

PuckChaser said:
Talk to your Ops Staff. They'll have CFTPO access.

That's where you get the number. If you want a tour to Alert, write a memo and ask for it. You don't need the number, your CoC will take care of that.

PuckChaser said:
That's where you get the number. If you want a tour to Alert, write a memo and ask for it. You don't need the number, your CoC will take care of that.

Gotcha, thanks for the info :)  [:)

Can someone give me a source that says if a 6 month attach posting to Alert is considered a domestic operational deployment or not? I was told it was but I cant find an official source on it. The best I was able to find was a CFAO referencing Alert as a tour stating that a 6 month tour in alert allowed for special allowances.

danteh said:
Can someone give me a source that says if a 6 month attach posting to Alert is considered a domestic operational deployment or not? I was told it was but I cant find an official source on it. The best I was able to find was a CFAO referencing Alert as a tour stating that a 6 month tour in alert allowed for special allowances.

Located in the Qikiqtaaluk Region, Nunavut, Canada, would make it a "DOMESTIC" operation. 

George Wallace said:
Located in the Qikiqtaaluk Region, Nunavut, Canada, would make it a "DOMESTIC" operation.

I get that its domestic because it is still in Canada... But is it considered a operational deployment?

danteh said:
I get that its domestic because it is still in Canada... But is it considered a operational deployment?

Well......It is a BAR on the SSM.......if you are looking for a medal......

George Wallace said:
Well......It is a BAR on the SSM.......if you are looking for a medal......

Has nothing to do with the medal considering I will already get that whether its a deployment or not. I am interested in knowing because I am looking to OT to MP and because I don't have the schooling I would require at least 6 months of foreign or domestic operational experience which I would have after I finish my 6-7 months in Alert. I have emailed my BPSO and I havn't received a response yet (been a few weeks) and being in Alert I don't have easy access to a phone to make non-work related calls.

CFS Alert is not an official domestic operation. The are domestic operations that happen in and around CFS Alert (Op Nevus and Op Boxtop for instance), but your six months in Alert is a domestic attached posting. Its the reason while all the Regulations have a special section for CFS Alert, because it the orphan that no one really wants to take in.

So an update from the BPSO in Trenton... A 6 month long attached posting in Alert DOES count as an operational deployment.

Hey guys, I don't know if I'll get any reply soon but if not I'll make a new thread:

Willing to give Alert a try but would like to know where to get the most information about the related taskings etc...

Is a memo is the only way to get there? If I could get in touch with someone who has a fresh experience there that'd be a good starting point.

Anyway thanks for reading.

What is the process to get a posting go CFS Alert?  What times of the year do the 6 month postings start?

Back