• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Gagetown Thread- Merged

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Dave Shirley doesn't do push ups.  He actually pushes the Earth away from him.
Once, Dave Shirley made love in the cab of a tractor trailer.  ONE sperm cell made its way to the engine.  That truck is now known as "Optimus Prime"
Chuck Norris and Dave Shirley once walked into a bar together.  The bar instantly vaporised due to the overwhelming presence of awesome.

Oh, and Dave Shirley was once in the RCR.  It's now known as The RCR.

;D

:rofl:

I love how he states that he was in before the human rights thing in the military and then promptly left after it was introduced.

I was only in Gagetown for 2 weeks on course and even I know of Mr. Shirley.  I have never been so toasted after circuit training. :p :crybaby:

Honestly I never seen kettle balls in the base gym.I usually just used 25lb weights as substitution for kettle ball swings.

Dave is awesome.Best PSP guy I have ever ran into.He coached our running team and it's amazing a man of that muscle mass can move that fast.

He really helped me out 1 on 1 as well with a few things.really approachable and takes his job as training the warrior to heart.
None of the PSP in petawawa can come close to his caliber.Many a day I swung in and had a chat with him about certain things I was trying to work on.Not many PSP will sit down with you and actually write out a program on a piece of paper for you like Dave did for me.

Last express test I did was with him,everyone was amazed that I got 65 push ups with him.He enforces proper standards,that why I love the guy.Heard him say 14.... 14..... 14 to a couple guys! ;D

The gym doesn't have kettle balls cause Dave eats them as iron supplements.

Love him man.

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Oh, and Dave Shirley was once in the RCR.  It's now known as The RCR.

;D

No worries Mortarman, his past association with The RCR is clearly well established by anyone who knows anything about looking after their hair ... and that man has hair!!

I wish I had his damned hair.  :mad:

ArmyVern said:
No worries Mortarman, his past association with The RCR is clearly well established by anyone who knows anything about looking after their hair ... and that man has hair!!

I wish I had his damned hair.  :mad:
I also wish I had hair like that.  Seriously

(But, of course, the joke is that The RCR was "the" RCR before he joined.  Small "t".  *sigh*  Is this thing on?  Hello?)
;)

I just found out I'm heading to Gagetown.  I was woundering if anyone had any heads up about the place other then you dig a trench and it fills with water.  I'm more intrested in what the surrounding area is like, travel times, road conditions, dive sites, public ranges, walking trails, animal by laws, and how bad the PMQ's are.  I'm not moving till this summer but any info would help

I just left there.

I loved New Brunswick (read the are not my job there).

Beautiful park a mere walk behind the Q's down by the river.
If you own a boat it is heaven on the St.John river.
Animals have to be registered IIRC it was like 20 bucks for my dog.
PMQ's are cheap.430 a month for my 3 bedroom duplex.
We had aweosme neighbours but I guess that depends on the street and area.
If you want peace and quiet try and get a house,as the row houses are full of students and young reserve guys on call outs/class work.

lots to see around the area,fundy, st.john,moncton.

And if your young and just want to party..freddy is pretty good.If you can't find a girl your most likely not into that....and in that case go to moncton.

Not bad here in Gagetown usually.

Raining right now actually ... freezing rain dammit.  :mad:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/64990.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/35190.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/34768.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31631.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/856.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/21425.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/25621.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31081.0.html

I just typed "Gagetown" in the search bar ... there's a ton of pages in there for you to view.

And I'll lock this one up because with that search you'll find everything from the nearby "best fishing spots" to the best spa in town for your wife to enjoy (oh, and don't forget all the local stores offering the military discount in Fredericton/Oromocto <--- there's a ton of them).

Im Not Telling said:
thanks, looks like I have some reading

I dare say; and with that, I'll lock this one up now.

Vern
The Milnet.ca Staff

Hello all. Got the message the other day and we're heading to Gagetown this summer. We're really looking forward to the move and getting settled in a little bit closer to home.

I've done the search and read the threads, now all we're asking for is if anyone has any specific recommendations regarding real estate agents and lawyers to send me a pm or email. We would really appreciate any bad/good experiences that anyone is willing to share. We haven't decided if we want to live in Freddie or out in the county somewhere..... got to make up our mind on that one first I guess....

We got screwed here in Kingston due to lack of time and research, not going to let that happen again.

Thanks in advance.

The Wookilars

Wookilar said:
Hello all. Got the message the other day and we're heading to Gagetown this summer. We're really looking forward to the move and getting settled in a little bit closer to home.

I've done the search and read the threads, now all we're asking for is if anyone has any specific recommendations regarding real estate agents and lawyers to send me a pm or email. We would really appreciate any bad/good experiences that anyone is willing to share. We haven't decided if we want to live in Freddie or out in the county somewhere..... got to make up our mind on that one first I guess....

We got screwed here in Kingston due to lack of time and research, not going to let that happen again.

Thanks in advance.

The Wookilars
I'm in Pet on IR.  I would offer you my house for sale (25 mins from base, nice property, etc); however, since I'm heading to the Sandbox this year, we have decided to hold off on buying.  I would suggest that a house in the country is not only viable, but very reasonable for taxes, prices, etc.  As well, many service members and DND Civilian Employees live all over the place: carpooling is almost always an option.
As for agents, I can't think of any off the top of my head that stand out above the others.  I'm sure others on here can help you out in that area.

Wookilar said:

Thanks in advance.

The Wookilars

My condolences!!!!!!!!!!

My son just arrived in Gagetown from BMQ in St. Jean and he already left for the field without giving me his mailing address.  I'm just a loving mother wanting to send the boy some mail and he probably won't think of sending me a letter so do someone know the mailing address of Gagetown.  Thanks in advance to all. 

Try this:

SN, RANK, and NAME
Course Name and Serial/Unit/School (if you have it)
Canadian Forces Base Gagetown
PO Box 17000 Stn Forces
Oromocto NB  E2V 4J5.

lol from many summers spent there, almost got it memorize  :-X

Hello all, I tried searching on here but came up empty.  I've recently been accepted into the CF as an Infantry soldier and will be assigned to The RCR.  Now, I realize the powers that be will send me to the battalion that is in the most need for soldiers and that I could very well end up in Gagetown with 2RCR.  What I would like to know is, how difficult would it be, or how long would I have to wait, to transfer to one of the other battalions in Petawawa?  The reason I would like to stay in Ontario is for private reasons (yes a very important reason that I'm sure you all would agree with me on).

Back