• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Then after Dundurn you can head to 2 VP in Shilo since you’ll be out west….
Nights Talladega GIF

Manitobas firearms officers are federal employees. Not provincial. Alberta’s are provincial. If i recall correctly Saskatchewans is a provincial thing as well as of not too long ago.This isn’t a small distinction. If I remembering the conversation correctly with the federal ones training the provincial ones it was a
Move for the provinces to have more control over the way firearms were being dealt with, certain provinces had certain concerns that were unmet by federal priorities. Or they didn’t agree, so they were given autonomy to have their own workers. Alberta actually wanted theirs armed- my info is dated, but it was a “how do we do this” talk about that

So in Manitoba it would be federal assets doing the work so their stance isn’t the same despite the crowing.

Also- I have heard zero meaningful work on ANY enforcement related to this at all. Doesn’t mean it’s not happening- but it’s not on the practical radar.

Looking through the contact a firearms officer page you can see the difference- fed addresses on certain provinces- provincial addresses on Alberta and Sask

So with the lack of officers to handle the amount of crime on the Prairies, I doubt that any head of detachment is going to waste time and resources to enforce a dumbass policy that will do not one iota to reduce crime.

So with the lack of officers to handle the amount of crime on the Prairies, I doubt that any head of detachment is going to waste time and resources to enforce a dumbass policy that will do not one iota to reduce crime.
All the handguns I’ve been getting off bangers lately must be them getting their rush purchases in before it’s illegal.

Yes, far too busy stopping the real crime out there, like window tints to bother with taking down known, established meth kitchens, etc. Priorities, man!

Yes, far too busy stopping the real crime out there, like window tints to bother with taking down known, established meth kitchens, etc. Priorities, man!
I have literally never seen anyone but a traffic unit write a tint ticket. Not once in decades.

And those units are supposed to be enforcing that stuff.

Because the provincial government, the freedom loving Alberta government standing up to those stupid feds, pays specifically for traffic units and makes laws- provincial laws- that they want enforced. Like tint.

I’m Also convinced if you could look at charges like that, especially in Alberta, they are written predominately by community peace officers. Not police officers.

So while lying about the numbers they pay the rcmp and telling you they’re telling the feds what to do- when it’s actually provincial officers- they are also paying people to specifically enforce tint laws.

Because the provincial government, the freedom loving Alberta government standing up to those stupid feds, pays specifically for traffic units and makes laws- provincial laws- that they want enforced. Like tint.

I’m Also convinced if you could look at charges like that, especially in Alberta, they are written predominately by community peace officers. Not police officers.

So while lying about the numbers they pay the rcmp and telling you they’re telling the feds what to do- when it’s actually provincial officers- they are also paying people to specifically enforce tint laws.
So they don’t make laws about meth labs and crack houses not being good things? Weird.

I’m not sure your point. We ve had several of the largest precursor chemical and drug seizures in Canadian history over the last couple years- by units that only deal with drugs. Not tint.

The province pays for provincially funded cars and people that are specialized in traffic PROVINCIAL only offences. They don’t do any criminal code offences.

I didn’t suggest that the drug guys are writing tint tickets. You did. Then you suggested that they should be doing both- so they do neither well.

More people die in car wrecks than in “meth labs and crack houses”.

I’m not sure your point. We ve had several of the largest precursor chemical and drug seizures in Canadian history over the last couple years- by units that only deal with drugs. Not tint.

The province pays for provincially funded cars and people that are specialized in traffic PROVINCIAL only offences. They don’t do any criminal code offences.

I didn’t suggest that the drug guys are writing tint tickets. You did. Then you suggested that they should be doing both- so they do neither well.

More people die in car wrecks than in “meth labs and crack houses”.
Holy fuck, way to take a flippant remark and spin the shit out of it. You’re defensive of your line of work, I get it. I’d be pissed if you weren’t quite frankly, but Jesus lighten up Francis. My daughter is a county peace officer and her spouse is RCMP btw. Good thing they can take a joke. Would your feelings have been less hurt if I put a little smiley guy after my first innocuous post? Have a groovy rest of your life, and try to smile more, PSHCP covers stitches, i believe.

🤔 that’s cool I guess. Watch your blood pressure. I’m not defensive of traffic cops. Better your sister a whore than your brother a traffic cop. I was just trying to be semi accurate. I didn’t realize the funny part because it doesn’t make any sense from the inside.

I'm not too familiar with what traffic cops are but if they have anything to do with catching those asshole fast and the furious wannabes that race around doing 200kph or run kids over in residential areas when they're street racing I say more power to them.

Back