• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

In our county - we have both Sheriff and Police SRO’s (depending if your inside the town or not) and Security Officers (retired LEO’s). Honestly the SRO’s and SO’s are super friendly to the kids, and I don’t think anyone could claim they are causing issues. I used to volunteer at an elementary school (pre COVID) to help kids read - a lot of the kids I had did have family issues, but regardless they all thought Officer George (the SO) was their best friend regardless of race.

I know a lot of Departments tend to put junk as SRO’s and you get what you put in to Community Policing.

It’s upsetting to me that we need SRO’s, magnetic locking doors and bullet resistant glass in schools, but that’s a function of our rather dysfunctional society.

Interesting - Evan Solomon interviewing Marco Mendicino. He asks some good questions. Maybe Canadians are starting to see the hypocrisy of this "science-based" government...

TBH I can't recall where Evan Solomon stands on the media bias meter... But maybe the media is making an estimate who is going to butter their bread after the next election. I don't want the media on anyone's side, I want them to be the 4th estate but I think that ship sailed long ago.

The legal handgun transfer freeze is set to drop on us any day now. The CSAAA has been told that it likely will not occur before the Thanksgiving weekend.

The Deputy Minister for Public Safety stated yesterday in SECU committee that lawful transfers in progress on the date the freeze is implemented will be finalized as per existing business rules. I expected otherwise.

If you're transferring a smuggled handgun in a Toronto back alley between Five Point Generalz members, none of this applies to you.

Am I the only one thinking there really does need to be some sort of "common sense formula" created & implemented in a variety of public domains to help reduce the amount of absurdly stupid shit that society has to put up with these days?

Let's eliminate police from schools because it may trigger students who see them? Why would they be triggered? And wtf does it even mean for an elementary aged kid to be triggered, anyway?

So instead of trusting the police & growing up building a good relationship and understanding of them, and vice versa, we should further alienate and separate a community from those who protect it?

I wish the people who suggest these things would just go disappear, Thanos style. FFS...
Except that the resource officers are being used to enforce teachers discipline and often have little discretion over minor offenses, thus losing the opportunity to build relationships and trust and becoming even more the enemy

Except that the resource officers are being used to enforce teachers discipline and often have little discretion over minor offenses, thus losing the opportunity to build relationships and trust and becoming even more the enemy
Can you give me a Canadian example of this?

The legal handgun transfer freeze is set to drop on us any day now. The CSAAA has been told that it likely will not occur before the Thanksgiving weekend.

The Deputy Minister for Public Safety stated yesterday in SECU committee that lawful transfers in progress on the date the freeze is implemented will be finalized as per existing business rules. I expected otherwise.

If you're transferring a smuggled handgun in a Toronto back alley between Five Point Generalz members, none of this applies to you.
I just got my Ruger 22/45 yesterday. Ordered May 31st. Still waiting for a Walther PDP, ordered 31 July. Update from the vendor is that it could be another 2-3 months before the CFO approves the transfer. I'm hoping transfers in progress will actually be honoured, but with this government, I will not be holding my breath...

I'm hoping transfers in progress will actually be honoured, but with this government, I will not be holding my breath...
At Tuesday's SECU session, the Public Safety ADM Talal Dakalbab stated that all transfers already in progress will be completed even after the freeze takes effect. Any transfer submitted after the freeze date will be denied.

But all it will take is one major incident to bring on a draconian overreaction, regardless of the license status of the perp.

Are there any .22LR handguns that are exempted from the ban? I've been thinking of getting a Ruger 10/22 to get back into shooting, but several members here have suggested that learning on a handgun is an excellent way to improve your marksmanship. What about air pistols, are they included in the ban as well?

All laws are enforceable if there is political will to do so.

On the other hand, former Public Safety Minister Blair stated in the HoC that police resources would not be used to administer the Compensated Confiscation (TM) scheme.
Blair has been moved. In accordance with current liebral governance, whatever promises, he made previous, are null and void.
The mandates did not go to far; they were based on public health information with a an additional buffer of conservatives safety. The EA did not go too far; it was specific, measured, and temporary.
A number of countries, many of the EU variety, don't agree.

"Thus it was that state-funded CBC News branded Trudeau-bashers in Europe as a gang of racists and anti-vaxxers. One MEP called out the prime minister for trampling on “fundamental rights by criminalizing his own citizens as terrorists just because they dare to stand up to his perverted concept of democracy.”

"
With this in mind, we turn to commentary from the EU Parliament:

“Canada, once a symbol of the modern world has become a symbol of civil rights violations, under your quasi-liberal boot in recent months. To you, these may be liberal methods, for many citizens of the world, it’s a dictatorship of the worst kind.”

“We are dropping in the polls, big time! What can we do to boost Canadians’ confidence in us, and get them to vote for us!??”
__

*I know sir! You know that gun legislation we keep shoving down people’s throats? The legislation that is mired in legal concerns? Yes sir, that’s what I’m referring to…

if we push that through despite everybody objecting to it, and the police refusing to enforce it, and the average person is even aware it won’t do anything to affect gun crime (since the people legally purchasing firearms are not the ones committing the crimes) - if we continue to cram that stupid idea through, surely that will get people to vote for us again!”

__

“Fantastic idea! I almost started to think about good governance, halting the yet even further tax hikes, putting the brakes on the final phase of the carbon tax, and reviewing our energy policy, etc were what people wanted. Silly me!

Let’s spending lavishly on just bribing them all with $500, AND push ahead with the gun ban! That’ll win them over! Let’s just keep doing what we’re doing, but be even worse that it than we were before…”

Why the Liberals are so hell bent on pushing through legislation that will be disgarded as soon as someone else is voted in, I have no idea.

They know it’s not legal gun owners out there being gangsters on the weekend & robbing 7-11’s. They know it isn’t Bob from a ranch outside of Thompson, Manitoba that is driving to Winnipeg to do drive-by’s…

But hey. Screw it. Not applying common sense solutions has got them this far. Why start now? 🤦🏼‍♂️
Something something....privilege? What I mean is, you are demonstrating a textbook case where because YOU have never been traumatized by the police, you can't understand how someone else could.

To the point in yellow/orange. If all you ever saw of the police was them breaking into you and your friends' homes, arresting or worse killing your fathers/brothers/uncles, then you would be terrified of police. It doesn't matter if any of the people I just mentioned were actually criminals, because we're talking about the perception of children. Being triggered means seeing those cops wandering the halls and starting to feel symptoms such as terror, helplessness, or fear, as well as physiological reactions such as heart pounding, vomiting, or loss of bowel or bladder control.

If you believe soldier can have PTSD, and that certain circumstances/situations can "trigger" their PTSD symptoms, than you have everything you need to understand how certain people could find police "triggering" in their schools.

You don't "build relationships" by forcing trauma survivors to interact with the persons/things that cause their trauma in the first place.

Now, I do believe that there are places in Canada/US that are lower in crime and that the people and police do have a good relationship, but that SJWs are calling for police to be removed from schools/defunded because of what they have seen elsewhere in Canada/US, and in those cases, yes, those people don't understand the opportunity they are throwing away.
You don't prevent crime by taking police,out of the public eye. Perhaps, if they were more visible, those poor traumatized lambs would see them for what they are. An honourable profession. Sunlight and exposure is the way to deal with lying miscreants like blm and antifa. Not hiding our police from the public.

You don't prevent crime by taking police,out of the public eye. Perhaps, if they were more visible, those poor traumatized lambs would see them for what they are. An honourable profession. Sunlight and exposure is the way to deal with lying miscreants like blm and antifa. Not hiding our police from the public.
"traumatized lambs"? That's immensely disrespectful, and clearly shows you have no fucking clue what you are talking about when it comes to mental health and care for those dealing with trauma. You have no idea what it does to these young kids to see their fathers shot dead by police for seemingly no reason.

There are neighborhoods in Canada where I've seen signs put up around Canada day (and some other holidays) that say something to the effect that "combat veterans live around hear, fireworks can trigger their PTSD, please reconsider the use of fireworks." I guess since "sunlight and exposure" the way to deal with this, then these "traumatized lambs" should just suck it up and enjoy the fireworks, right?

"traumatized lambs"? That's immensely disrespectful, and clearly shows you have no fucking clue what you are talking about when it comes to mental health and care for those dealing with trauma. You have no idea what it does to these young kids to see their fathers shot dead by police for seemingly no reason.

There are neighborhoods in Canada where I've seen signs put up around Canada day (and some other holidays) that say something to the effect that "combat veterans live around hear, fireworks can trigger their PTSD, please reconsider the use of fireworks." I guess since "sunlight and exposure" the way to deal with this, then these "traumatized lambs" should just suck it up and enjoy the fireworks, right?
Yes. Fireworks and celebrations shouldn’t be curtailed because it can’t bother some people.

"Thus it was that state-funded CBC News branded Trudeau-bashers in Europe as a gang of racists and anti-vaxxers. One MEP called out the prime minister for trampling on “fundamental rights by criminalizing his own citizens as terrorists just because they dare to stand up to his perverted concept of democracy.”

The person who said this is from a radical-right Islamophobic anti-vax populist party within Germany, but I don't suppose any of those things will dissuade you from lending credence to what she said.

“Canada, once a symbol of the modern world has become a symbol of civil rights violations, under your quasi-liberal boot in recent months. To you, these may be liberal methods, for many citizens of the world, it’s a dictatorship of the worst kind.”

You skipped the first part of what he said. The guy who said this also said Trudeau’s government is a “dictatorship of the worst kind.” If you actualyl believe that describing the current government of Canada as a "dictatorship" is anything close to the truth, then you are either a. ignorant of what the a dictatorship actually is, or b. being obtuse for the sake of feeding your base. Either way, once this guy that this, then there's no longer any point in lending weight to whatever comes after.

Yes. Fireworks and celebrations shouldn’t be curtailed because it can’t bother some people.
That's not the point. The point is you don't call those vets "traumatized lambs" and tell them that they should just go enjoy the fireworks as the solution to getting over their PTSD, same as it makes no sense to tell children who have been traumatized by police that the way to get over their trauma is to suck it up and go hug a cop.

That's not the point. The point is you don't call those vets "traumatized lambs" and tell them that they should just go enjoy the fireworks as the solution to getting over their PTSD, same as it makes no sense to tell children who have been traumatized by police that the way to get over their trauma is to suck it up and go hug a cop.
I’m having a tough time believing that any significant amount of children are traumatized by LE in Canada.

Back