• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

“We are dropping in the polls, big time! What can we do to boost Canadians’ confidence in us, and get them to vote for us!??”
__

*I know sir! You know that gun legislation we keep shoving down people’s throats? The legislation that is mired in legal concerns? Yes sir, that’s what I’m referring to…

if we push that through despite everybody objecting to it, and the police refusing to enforce it, and the average person is even aware it won’t do anything to affect gun crime (since the people legally purchasing firearms are not the ones committing the crimes) - if we continue to cram that stupid idea through, surely that will get people to vote for us again!”

__

“Fantastic idea! I almost started to think about good governance, halting the yet even further tax hikes, putting the brakes on the final phase of the carbon tax, and reviewing our energy policy, etc were what people wanted. Silly me!

Let’s spending lavishly on just bribing them all with $500, AND push ahead with the gun ban! That’ll win them over! Let’s just keep doing what we’re doing, but be even worse that it than we were before…”

Why the Liberals are so hell bent on pushing through legislation that will be disgarded as soon as someone else is voted in, I have no idea.

They know it’s not legal gun owners out there being gangsters on the weekend & robbing 7-11’s. They know it isn’t Bob from a ranch outside of Thompson, Manitoba that is driving to Winnipeg to do drive-by’s…

But hey. Screw it. Not applying common sense solutions has got them this far. Why start now? 🤦🏼‍♂️

“Fantastic idea! I almost started to think about good governance, halting the yet even further tax hikes, putting the brakes on the final phase of the carbon tax, and reviewing our energy policy, etc were what people wanted. Silly me!

When you have the worst government in Canadian history driving the ship, don't be surprised when it hits the pier.

“We are dropping in the polls, big time! What can we do to boost Canadians’ confidence in us, and get them to vote for us!??”
__

*I know sir! You know that gun legislation we keep shoving down people’s throats? The legislation that is mired in legal concerns? Yes sir, that’s what I’m referring to…

if we push that through despite everybody objecting to it, and the police refusing to enforce it, and the average person is even aware it won’t do anything to affect gun crime (since the people legally purchasing firearms are not the ones committing the crimes) - if we continue to cram that stupid idea through, surely that will get people to vote for us again!”

__

Let’s spending lavishly on just bribing them all with $500, AND push ahead with the gun ban! That’ll win them over! Let’s just keep doing what we’re doing, but be even worse that it than we were before…”

Why the Liberals are so hell bent on pushing through legislation that will be disgarded as soon as someone else is voted in, I have no idea.

They know it’s not legal gun owners out there being gangsters on the weekend & robbing 7-11’s. They know it isn’t Bob from a ranch outside of Thompson, Manitoba that is driving to Winnipeg to do drive-by’s…

But hey. Screw it. Not applying common sense solutions has got them this far. Why start now? 🤦🏼‍♂️
Because Toronto.

Because Toronto.
Nailed it.

The police have not refused to participate in this scheme. They just want to be properly funded to do it. Remember that Minister Blair's stated that police resources would not be used for this program, so this is a new requirement from Public Safety and likely unfunded.

Once that funding comes, the police will follow orders. I don't know any cop who will put their $100K+/year job on the line over a sport shooter's customized racing carbine.

I don’t have the time or resources to get involved in the administrative firearms realm. None of the detachments I touch presently do- I will take firearms associated to crime. Send licence reviews for domestic abusers and safety/storage where it comes to our attention.

This isn’t a political or freedom thing- it is just 100% resources. Admin regulation stuff takes a back burner to public safety.

I will use the laws to take guns from houses filled with criminals because the criminal side of the house is very poor at dealing with it. It’s a tool I can use. That’s all I see in this.

I don’t ignore laws. But I have to prioritize. Of course not everything is about me and my anecdotes- but its a data point of some type.

🤷‍♀️ Maybe I’ll get told to retire.

I don’t have the time or resources to get involved in the administrative firearms realm. None of the detachments I touch presently do- I will take firearms associated to crime. Send licence reviews for domestic abusers and safety/storage where it comes to our attention.

This isn’t a political or freedom thing- it is just 100% resources. Admin regulation stuff takes a back burner to public safety.

I will use the laws to take guns from houses filled with criminals because the criminal side of the house is very poor at dealing with it. It’s a tool I can use. That’s all I see in this.

I don’t ignore laws. But I have to prioritize. Of course not everything is about me and my anecdotes- but its a data point of some type.

🤷‍♀️ Maybe I’ll get told to retire.
You feel the pinch when money gets tight and funds for school resource officers and gang units gets funnelled into the political hot gun control file instead and the local street cop weeps as they see gangs recruiting in schools with no means to stop them.

That’s
You feel the pinch when money gets tight and funds for school resource officers and gang units gets funnelled into the political hot gun control file instead and the local street cop weeps as they see gangs recruiting in schools with no means to stop them.
true that fed money can get funnelled out. Luckily I’m in have-not places where there is no money to take. But it’s true that they could reorg fed money spots like you’re saying. Especially the ones with low activity. It would be a bold political move- which appears to be the current style

That’s

true that fed money can get funnelled out. Luckily I’m in have-not places where there is no money to take. But it’s true that they could reorg fed money spots like you’re saying. Especially the ones with low activity. It would be a bold political move- which appears to be the current style
I am not hearing good things about the School Resource Officer situation, to many schools, to few officers.

As I see it, QC and BC will put police forces towards the Compensated Confiscation (TM) plan.

The money will flow to all participating police services from the big ATM known as Ottawa.

Once the BC RCMP takes on this task, I expect AB, SK and MB Mounties will be ordered to fall in line by the feds as firearms will be deemed a national security concern, thereby bypassing provincial contract policing arrangements by placing the plan squarely within the federal realm.

In QC, the ban and handgun freeze can't come fast enough to satisfy Montréal's mayor. The CAQ is expected to win a strong majority and have already promised $90M now to fight guns and gangs (including $6.2M to the Akwesasne Mohawk Police for marine patrols in Smuggler's Alley) and $250M over four years to hire 450 more Montréal police officers, which will barely meet attrition.

And from what I remember groups like BLM have been effective in getting them kicked out of schools because they might become "triggered" if they saw a police officer wandering down the school corridors.
Am I the only one thinking there really does need to be some sort of "common sense formula" created & implemented in a variety of public domains to help reduce the amount of absurdly stupid shit that society has to put up with these days?

Let's eliminate police from schools because it may trigger students who see them? Why would they be triggered? And wtf does it even mean for an elementary aged kid to be triggered, anyway?

So instead of trusting the police & growing up building a good relationship and understanding of them, and vice versa, we should further alienate and separate a community from those who protect it?

I wish the people who suggest these things would just go disappear, Thanos style. FFS...

Am I the only one thinking there really does need to be some sort of "common sense formula" created & implemented in a variety of public domains to help reduce the amount of absurdly stupid shit that society has to put up with these days?

Let's eliminate police from schools because it may trigger students who see them? Why would they be triggered? And wtf does it even mean for an elementary aged kid to be triggered, anyway?

So instead of trusting the police & growing up building a good relationship and understanding of them, and vice versa, we should further alienate and separate a community from those who protect it?

I wish the people who suggest these things would just go disappear, Thanos style. FFS...
Something something....privilege? What I mean is, you are demonstrating a textbook case where because YOU have never been traumatized by the police, you can't understand how someone else could.

To the point in yellow/orange. If all you ever saw of the police was them breaking into you and your friends' homes, arresting or worse killing your fathers/brothers/uncles, then you would be terrified of police. It doesn't matter if any of the people I just mentioned were actually criminals, because we're talking about the perception of children. Being triggered means seeing those cops wandering the halls and starting to feel symptoms such as terror, helplessness, or fear, as well as physiological reactions such as heart pounding, vomiting, or loss of bowel or bladder control.

If you believe soldier can have PTSD, and that certain circumstances/situations can "trigger" their PTSD symptoms, than you have everything you need to understand how certain people could find police "triggering" in their schools.

You don't "build relationships" by forcing trauma survivors to interact with the persons/things that cause their trauma in the first place.

Now, I do believe that there are places in Canada/US that are lower in crime and that the people and police do have a good relationship, but that SJWs are calling for police to be removed from schools/defunded because of what they have seen elsewhere in Canada/US, and in those cases, yes, those people don't understand the opportunity they are throwing away.

Something something....privilege? What I mean is, you are demonstrating a textbook case where because YOU have never been traumatized by the police, you can't understand how someone else could.

To the point in yellow/orange. If all you ever saw of the police was them breaking into you and your friends' homes, arresting or worse killing your fathers/brothers/uncles, then you would be terrified of police. It doesn't matter if any of the people I just mentioned were actually criminals, because we're talking about the perception of children. Being triggered means seeing those cops wandering the halls and starting to feel symptoms such as terror, helplessness, or fear, as well as physiological reactions such as heart pounding, vomiting, or loss of bowel or bladder control.

If you believe soldier can have PTSD, and that certain circumstances/situations can "trigger" their PTSD symptoms, than you have everything you need to understand how certain people could find police "triggering" in their schools.

You don't "build relationships" by forcing trauma survivors to interact with the persons/things that cause their trauma in the first place.

Now, I do believe that there are places in Canada/US that are lower in crime and that the people and police do have a good relationship, but that SJWs are calling for police to be removed from schools/defunded because of what they have seen elsewhere in Canada/US, and in those cases, yes, those people don't understand the opportunity they are throwing away.

The fact we need community police officers in our schools is the problem.

My wife has spent most of her career as either a teacher or now the VP at three of Halifax's inner city schools with whole host of social issues effecting kids. From 12 year old prostitutes', to parents assaulting each other on school grounds, to students attacking her.

You know who didn't cause these issues ? The police. You know who did ? The shitty parents/family. Blaming police, and trust me I am no fan of the police and I have be aware of that bias, is just a way to sluff off responsibility.

Back