• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

mariomike said:
My deer rifle.

Military-style, designed to kill the greatest number of people in the shortest... Lever-action only Winchesters etc. for the public, slow to reload for mass shooting (like Parliament Hill).

Mark
Ottawa

MarkOttawa said:
Military-style, designed to kill the greatest number of people in the shortest... Lever-action only Winchesterse etc. for the public, slow to reload for mass shooting (like Parliament Hill).

Mark
Ottawa

I haven't been following this. Did they ban the Lee Enfield? I've had it since I was 16. All I ever used for deer.

Irony...but if the Liberals understood firearms history and logic...

Mark
Ottawa

Indigenous hunters excluded from Ottawa’s assault weapons ban under Section 35

Indigenous hunters will be excluded from Canada’s sweeping ban on 1,500 assault weapons announced Friday.

“There will be an exception for Indigenous people’s exercising a section 35 hunting right, as well as those who use the weapon for hunting to feed themselves or their family,” said Justice Minister David Lametti.

“They may continue using firearms that were previously non-restricted for these purposes until a suitable replacement can be acquired.”

https://aptnnews.ca/2020/05/01/indigenous-hunters-excluded-from-ottawas-assault-weapons-ban-under-section-35/

MarkOttawa said:
Lever-action only Winchesters etc. for the public, slow to reload for mass shooting (like Parliament Hill).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMN8a3ZRUY

Chuck was an artist with a Winchester, and our hero when we were kids.  :)

Ah, but see at the end of the clip the start of his slow re-load, hence bolt-actions with mags for armies. Learned a lot myself about guns from those shows when a kid, was a master fanner of a revolver. But then again the slow re-load.

Favourite of the "adult westerns", actually great for kids: "Have Gun, Will Travel: Wire Paladin San Francisco":

Haveguncard.png

And the great song: "...a soldier of fortune is the man...":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgvxu8QY01s

Mark
Ottawa

>Indigenous hunters excluded from Ottawa’s assault weapons ban under Section 35

The reports I read indicates that this is only during the 2-year "amnesty".  Effectively, it just means they can use their weapons for that time while others have to stop using them entirely.  There is apparently some room for non-indigenous users also.  There's an enjoyable irony in a cultural exception for indigenous users of non-indigenous tools.

So while the banned weapons may not be strictly necessary for hunting, the government concedes that they are not only in use, but necessary for now.  And the government also effectively concedes that there is no pressing safety issue if owners may retain their weapons for the amnesty period.

And the policies to deal with gangs and arms smuggling from the US?  Tuesday, fer sure.

MarkOttawa said:
Ah, but see at the end of the clip the start of his slow re-load, hence bolt-actions with mags for armies. Learned a lot myself about guns from those shows when a kid, was a master fanner of a revolver. But then again the slow re-load.

Chuck had a solution for that.  :)

Attachments

• chuck.png
    chuck.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 70
PuckChaser said:
Folks to show you how serious the Liberals are at saving Canada, they've made sure to ban 2 websites (technically a website and the forum on the website). I wish I was kidding. This is a cut from the Gazette post, I had to check to make sure it was legit since I saw it on Facebook first.

websites-banned.jpg

Signaller screwed up image hosting, I'll turn my cap badge in at the door.

They also banned an nintendo zombie site!
Zombie Defense Z-4.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/yet-another-zombie-defense-hd/c0988kfjn8bl?activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab

Yes I do know that its a receiver but when you first google it, the nintendo game comes up. Kind of funny

Another site I'm a member of is full of anti-gun folks. I don't even try to talk to them because their auto response is "Move to the states you redneck!"

FSTO said:
They also banned an nintendo zombie site!
Zombie Defense Z-4.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/yet-another-zombie-defense-hd/c0988kfjn8bl?activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab

Yes I do know that its a receiver but when you first google it, the nintendo game comes up. Kind of funny

Another site I'm a member of is full of anti-gun folks. I don't even try to talk to them because their auto response is "Move to the states you redneck!"

Funny but legit, AR!5.COM is a named lower receiver.

Brad Sallows said:
>Indigenous hunters excluded from Ottawa’s assault weapons ban under Section 35

The reports I read indicates that this is only during the 2-year "amnesty".  Effectively, it just means they can use their weapons for that time while others have to stop using them entirely.  There is apparently some room for non-indigenous users also.  There's an enjoyable irony in a cultural exception for indigenous users of non-indigenous tools.

So while the banned weapons may not be strictly necessary for hunting, the government concedes that they are not only in use, but necessary for now.  And the government also effectively concedes that there is no pressing safety issue if owners may retain their weapons for the amnesty period.

And the policies to deal with gangs and arms smuggling from the US?  Tuesday, fer sure.

Anyone willing to take bets that 2 year amnesty for 'Indigenous hunters' gets extended?

Jarnhamar said:
Anyone willing to take bets that 2 year amnesty for 'Indigenous hunters' gets extended?

Yes, but the real irony is that they said these weapons have no purpose in our society. Then the next sentence they say the indigenous hunters exemption. I am no legal expert but that may open up a way to challenge this in court. Though I would guess an OIC could only be challenged by the supreme court it at all.

MilEME09 said:
Yes, but the real irony is that they said these weapons have no purpose in our society. Then the next sentence they say the indigenous hunters exemption. I am no legal expert but that may open up a way to challenge this in court. Though I would guess an OIC could only be challenged by the supreme court it at all.

And the PM himself said in announcing the "ban":

...you don’t need an AR-15 to bring down a deer.”..
https://aptnnews.ca/2020/05/01/indigenous-hunters-excluded-from-ottawas-assault-weapons-ban-under-section-35/

Mark
Ottawa

Staff Edit to comply with rules of posting in political threads.

Which is a half truth/ lie of statement because you cant hunt with restricted weapons.

May 1st. Mayday. Maidan. A very apt day for this sort of move, beloved of totalitarian assholes everywhere.

Target Up said:
May 1st. Mayday. Maidan. A very apt day for this sort of move, beloved of totalitarian assholes everywhere.
May 1st is what some of us call the Victims of Communism Memorial Day.

cavalryman said:
May 1st is what some of us call the Victims of Communism Memorial Day.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Count me out.

SeaKingTacco said:
I mean: a mortar is a frickin pipe, basically. Hell,  a novice plumber could build a Mortar inside an hour.

Don't give the government any ideas, or we'll all be crapping in blue rockets or holes in the ground.

I may or may not have built a pretty effective MAP gas potato mortar from some PVC pipe, a few adapters, and a bbq igniter.

Target Up said:
I may or may not have built a pretty effective MAP gas potato mortar from some PVC pipe, a few adapters, and a bbq igniter.

Silly sapper.  Potatoes are to mash and make Vodka.

Back