• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Land Operations Temperate Boots (LOTB)

Same here....great for that 0-dark stupid need to get up and have a piss moment...

Jim Seggie said:
Got the pics. I'm not sold on zip up boots just yet.

Lots of my troops bought these overseas ... only to have the zippers blow in a couple months; I can hardly wait.

I forbid my soldiers from wearing zippered boots after watching them go on marches and exercises...now I'll have no choice.

Infanteer said:
I forbid my soldiers from wearing zippered boots after watching them go on marches and exercises...now I'll have no choice.

Once we send in enough paperwork to have zippers removed......

Infanteer said:

Knowing the CAF, you'll say that but then the other boot will be out of stock, and you'll be stuck with them. Personally If i got stuck with the zippered boots I'd only wear them in Garrison, and use my worn Mk.III's or wet weathers in the field. That or get my hands on both boots, and use the other one for the field, A zippered boot would not last.

I would love to read the trial report on the boots, I wish they made the reports available.

dangerboy said:
I would love to read the trial report on the boots, I wish they made the reports available.

Good luck. As I have state earlier , our procurement process was learned prior to WWI and it doesn't not appear to have changes much.

dangerboy said:

Depends did this go through LFTEU?

Not sure is the trials were done by DLR or CATEU.  All I know is that trials were done on the boots.

If LFTEU CATEU did the trials there "should" be a trial summary on their intranet site...

NFLD Sapper said:
If LFTEU CATEU did the trials there "should" be a trial summary on their intranet site...

Thanks, I will attempt to have a search on Monday.

dangerboy said:

You could ATI the report....  :nod:

Good2Golf said:
You could ATI the report....  :nod:
The performance of each boot would be censored under the privacy act, just as the annex describing each "product" in an LFTEU report is given a protected designation.
The performance is seen as proprietary information of the equipment manufacture.

In law enforcement the zipper fad comes and goes. I can't stand them- now I try and keep my boots as close to a running show with ankle support at I can.

My 80 dollar merrells are the best boot for chasing, jumping, crawling I've ever come across. They are decidedly un-uniformly though. So they remain a point of contention.

Zippers are awesome if you don't have to travel or run like working low impact static point stuff.....but if you have the remote possibility of needing to hike duck and run.....they are a bad idea.

LFTEU has not posted anything since 2006 so I do believe DLR did the trials on the boots....

NFLD Sapper said:
LFTEU has not posted anything since 2006 so I do believe DLR did the trials on the boots....

Perhaps there is something recent on the CID then...worth looking at.

Old EO Tech said:
Perhaps there is something recent on the CID then...worth looking at.

I looked this week, nothing since the update in 2012.

Jim Seggie said:
Glad to see your optimism. It would make life so much simpler if we were all issued the same size and type of feet.

I apologize for my lack of optimism but with some of the ridiculous lengths I've seen the members of this man's army go to when it comes to enforcing the policy on the wear of non issued kit it's difficult for me to be little miss sunshine. 

On a side not I like you're idea with the feet the only drawback would be that they would have to be produced out of Quebec and they would be outrageously over priced.

Back