• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Land Operations Temperate Boots (LOTB)

No, boots are considered next to skin items, and are retained by the member unless you didn't use them. They stamp a hole in the tongue of the boot when its removed from your docs to denote it being used and no longer on charge.

PuckChaser said:
DCB was likely the best out of the gongshow of boots we've had, too bad mondopoint is terrible, otherwise I'd have no problems wearing them.

The air force, steel toe cripplers??

ZKC said:
Thank you, I will definitely keep an open mind and hope for the best. In the meanwhile, do they issue used boots? I get athlete's foot pretty easily and it stays for at least a few months (got issued used boots in cadets, stayed for almost a year; borrowed a friend's shoes for a short gym session - 2 months), which is very annoying.
No, I've never been issued a pair of used boots.

If your BMQ is anything like mine, you won't be allowed non-issue boots. I know in Halifax, I got issued a pair of goretex and a pair of LOTBs (Although I am on my 3rd pair of the latter)

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Eye In The Sky said:
The air force, steel toe cripplers??
Army got softer toe ones styled after the GP, but significantly lighter and more breathable (but not what I'd expect our of a desert boot) did a BFT with a pair that only had a couple weeks work in, were fine.

PuckChaser said:
Army got softer toe ones styled after the GP, but significantly lighter and more breathable (but not what I'd expect our of a desert boot) did a BFT with a pair that only had a couple weeks work in, were fine.

I know the ones you mean; we tried to get those for deployed ops.  Got shut down. 

Millbrook tactical has insane deals.
I just picked sup a pair of $460 Lowas for $99.    Some other $490 Lowas are going for $299

Im banking on the boot situation being so F'd up that no one notices or cares what's on my feet.

Jarnhamar said:
Millbrook tactical has insane deals.
I just picked sup a pair of $460 Lowas for $99.    Some other $490 Lowas are going for $299

Im banking on the boot situation being so F'd up that no one notices or cares what's on my feet.

Wearing some red lipstick might take the attention away from your Gucci footwear.  :2c:

Example here; the Mess Dinner Makeup look...who would notice if your footwear was polished?
5368419_orig.jpg

Eye In The Sky said:
I know the ones you mean; we tried to get those for deployed ops.  Got shut down.
YWG is issuing DCB without steel anything - none of my flying boots have steel toe - never received any direction to change them either.

My two pair of Boulet DCB are soft-toe - I'll be wearing them in the sandbox.

Lean-N-Supreme said:
Was gonna get the same boots as my next pair, but they don't make a non-Goretex version of them. I find that my feet get sweaty in Goretex boots and the moisture just gets trapped inside.

Honestly the Z-8s-gtx it's negligible. They're light and fast drying, very breathable.

Ditch said:
YWG is issuing DCB without steel anything - none of my flying boots have steel toe - never received any direction to change them either.

My two pair of Boulet DCB are soft-toe - I'll be wearing them in the sandbox.

:mad:

PuckChaser said:
They've stopped issuing the LOTB. If you've got it, you can exchange. If you don't, buy your own or hope they have your size in GP/DCB.

Anyone know if this is a "Canada wide" thing?  Limited to "Base X"?

PuckChaser said:
They've stopped issuing the LOTB. If you've got it, you can exchange. If you don't, buy your own or hope they have your size in GP/DCB.
Eye In The Sky said:

I know of 3 guys who just got a pair of the new boots last week in Gagetown. 

Eye In The Sky said:
The initial direction we received from higher was that the LOTB was authorized for RCAF use and units were to start issuing them to deploying pers - fast forward one week and they are saying that LOTB are now on hold to entire CAF due to progressive breakdown in operations.

Ditch said:
The initial direction we received from higher was that the LOTB was authorized for RCAF use and units were to start issuing them to deploying pers - fast forward one week and they are saying that LOTB are now on hold to entire CAF due to progressive breakdown in operations.

Yellow part is why I was wondering, this info was passed recently but I was already aware the LTOB issue had been halted at, at least, some Base/Wing clothing stores.  The Div let up on the 'safety boot requirement' for crews.

Now, with no LOTB...LPO ?

If it helps lighten up the situation:

Just got my kit today, was (along with everyone else) issued a pair of DCB and goretex. I saw the LOTB, but they were either stored away nicely on shelves, with printed sticky labels on the heels, or still unpacked (or packed?) in boxes. So they are either being returned as said in previous posts (hence packed), or they've just arrived, which doesn't make a lot of sense, since some of us couldn't get the DCBs in the right size and had to get GPs.

The ones with stickers are likely sizing samples, one of every size so people can quickly try out a pair if they're being issued.

PuckChaser said:
The ones with stickers are likely sizing samples, one of every size so people can quickly try out a pair if they're being issued.

Pardon the vocabulary, but there were literally a sh**ton of them on shelves. At least 100 pairs. You may be still be right though.

EDIT: And that's assuming that there were none placed in depth.

We have 99 sizes, but my feet don't fit one. -JayZ

Back