• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Military Police [MP] Superthread

It is extremely unlikely your file manager would be given the reason(s) for you to be found unsuitable. MPACs are played pretty close to the chest (in order to ensure a fair assessment and what not) and you were likely instructed not to reveal details of the process to others. An ATI would be your only solution to this one methinks.

The specific reason(s) for being unsuccessful at MPAC/MPOAC will not be released, even via an ATIP request. 

Do not be discouraged. If MP is really what you are after then put in some more work and re apply. Come back a stronger candidate. Add courses, certificates and make your self more competitive. Maybe there was guys who were older with more life experience, and education. There is a million reasons why they do not select someone. Same can be said on the civilian side of things. I have personally been through 6 processes. 4 processes with the same service. I do not get discouraged. I do more work and return knocking on the door. After post secondary plus dozen of certificates and courses, plus 3 years of 1st responder volunteering, plus work related experience I don't get why I cant break through... but don't ever be discouraged. Work that little bit harder and return a stronger candidate. 

Every time I get the thanks but no thanks email ya it sucks... but you don't give up. They never tell me why I wasn't successful. Just come to terms with the fact that you probably will not find out why they did not select you. You can only use this experience having now gone to a MPAC and build on it when you enter other processes. The MPAC is a very stressful assessment. Probably more so than a civilian process. So now that you have experienced it you should be able to build on it for when you either go back or go some where else.

For me my paperwork did not get processed in time to go to the August MPAC. Now that the paperwork is completed I am hoping to go to the fall assessment. I can use the multitude of interviews I have been through to my advantage so in the future use your experience from that assessment experience to build off of. All the best

subbie said:
Do not be discouraged. If MP is really what you are after then put in some more work and re apply. Come back a stronger candidate. Add courses, certificates and make your self more competitive. Maybe there was guys who were older with more life experience, and education. There is a million reasons why they do not select someone. Same can be said on the civilian side of things. I have personally been through 6 processes. 4 processes with the same service. I do not get discouraged. I do more work and return knocking on the door. After post secondary plus dozen of certificates and courses, plus 3 years of 1st responder volunteering, plus work related experience I don't get why I cant break through... but don't ever be discouraged. Work that little bit harder and return a stronger candidate. 

Every time I get the thanks but no thanks email ya it sucks... but you don't give up. They never tell me why I wasn't successful. Just come to terms with the fact that you probably will not find out why they did not select you. You can only use this experience having now gone to a MPAC and build on it when you enter other processes. The MPAC is a very stressful assessment. Probably more so than a civilian process. So now that you have experienced it you should be able to build on it for when you either go back or go some where else.

For me my paperwork did not get processed in time to go to the August MPAC. Now that the paperwork is completed I am hoping to go to the fall assessment. I can use the multitude of interviews I have been through to my advantage so in the future use your experience from that assessment experience to build off of. All the best

I think you need to re read his post.......he was deferred for life.  There is no bettering himself and reapplying to the MIlitary Police.

Ya that's my bad for not catching that. I would think that if they found something bad in your back round that you did not disclose at the beginning of the process that would be a strike towards your credibility. But then again if that was the case why even invite you to a assessment.

I can remember someone posting somewhere... Possibly Blue line forums that they once went for MP back in 07 or 08 and during the assessment he brought up some relationship he had with a questionable person. Because he brought it up during the assessment and not at the beginning of the process he was deemed, as he put it, not suitable as well. He had found out after joining the CF some time later that he was deemed to have credibility issues for not disclosing this information to begin with.  He could not re apply. He did however join infantry and did a couple tour's to the middle east. 

Just to clarify, there can be 3 results:

Suitable - this does not/not mean you will be guaranteed to get an offer.  A merit list is compiled based on your MPAC/MPOAC score and offers are sent out going down the list.  If you have a low score, it could very well be that you will be bypassed before you get an offer as subsequent MPAC/MPOACs are held. 

Unsuitable, eligible to reapply - this is where you are able to reapply for reconsideration in two years.

Unsuitable, ineligible to reapply - self explanatory. 

garb811 said:
The specific reason(s) for being unsuccessful at MPAC/MPOAC will not be released, even via an ATIP request.

I'm going to submit a request regardless, if anything just to put my mind at ease. If they absolutely cannot tell me anything as to what made me an unsuitable candidate I can live with that, just have to hear it first. Inspir stated something could've come up during my background that I didn't make them aware of; to the best of my knowledge I divulged everything worth making note of from my past but of course it's possible I missed something. I'll make the request and see what happens.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Hey all,

Has anyone currently waiting for selection notices for the November MPAC serials received any communications thus far?

I've heard through the grape vine that this MPAC is not only the last one being run for the year but is also nearly full - can anyone corroborate that?

Schilly said:
Hey all,

Has anyone currently waiting for selection notices for the November MPAC serials received any communications thus far?

I've heard through the grape vine that this MPAC is not only the last one being run for the year but is also nearly full - can anyone corroborate that?

I called this past Thursday and was told it was far too early.

Sounds good - just curious if anyone had started receiving calls yet is all. I know it goes out in "waves" more or less... At any rate - continuing to hurry up and wait!

A couple guys I stayed in contact with who went for the MPAC in Aug. mentioned they did not receive the call until just a few days before it happened. The MPAC was on a Monday and they were selected the Friday before. Very last minute. So who knows. were all anxious. I am sure who ever gets contacted first will post on here and we will have a idea of when it happens.

subbie said:
A couple guys I stayed in contact with who went for the MPAC in Aug. mentioned they did not receive the call until just a few days before it happened. The MPAC was on a Monday and they were selected the Friday before. Very last minute. So who knows. were all anxious. I am sure who ever gets contacted first will post on here and we will have a idea of when it happens.

Two things could have affected that late selection.    Firstly the MP PSO shop was moving from Ottawa to Borden or, more than likely, they had some cancellations they needed to fill at the last moment. 

Schindler's Lift said:
Two things could have affected that late selection.    Firstly the MP PSO shop was moving from Ottawa to Borden or, more than likely, they had some cancellations they needed to fill at the last moment.

so following up on that then... does anyone know the approx. time they start calling selected individuals. One would think within the next 2-3 weeks seeing how month end is approaching and we are not far off from the Nov. MPAC dates.

subbie said:
so following up on that then... does anyone know the approx. time they start calling selected individuals. One would think within the next 2-3 weeks seeing how month end is approaching and we are not far off from the Nov. MPAC dates.

Viewing some of the other threads ref MPACs and dates, contact etc., you'll find that it varies. I knew a decent amount of time in advance, others on my MPAC weren't contacted until a couple of days before.

I remember how much the anticipation of that call was killing me. And I hated knowing others were getting contacted and I hadn't heard yet. If you get selected, great. If not, hopefully the next one. Knowing if others are hearing is a catch 22. It can make you feel better, but worse also.

I've served as an assessor and a team leader for a number of MPACs and I've found some know weeks, if not months in advance and a few know a day or so before hand depending upon when a vacancy comes up.  All anyone can say is they will call when they call.  I know that doesn't help.

Schindler's Lift said:
I've served as an assessor and a team leader for a number of MPACs and I've found some know weeks, if not months in advance and a few know a day or so before hand depending upon when a vacancy comes up.  All anyone can say is they will call when they call.  I know that doesn't help.

Out of curiosity, are you allowed to discuss the criteria that goes into someone being selected for MPAC? As in why does person A get chosen over person B? Understandable if you're not allowed to say anything.

To maintain the integrity of the process we are really not allowed to discuss it.

Back