• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The need for tactical highly visible rank (From:Re-Royalization)

We are moving to the red/white Canadian flag on flying suits/jackets now too.  Going to be some busy tailors on the Wings.

I hope the new Canadian flags for our new shirts are the same shiny white colour as our rank and name tags. Red isn't visible enough.

Eye In The Sky said:
We are moving to the red/white Canadian flag on flying suits/jackets now too.  Going to be some busy tailors on the Wings.

Honest question:  Velcro-backed or sewn onto the suits? 

I'm surprised (well, not really) that there aren't unit patches on CADPAT, similar to the arm pocket patches on the Arid pattern in Afghanistan. 

Side-track (also an honest question):  Are we allowed to wear unit ball caps everywhere with CADPAT/flying clothing now?

Lightguns said:
"e.  New Rank Patches and Insignia (as part of Army transformation and transformation to the Divisional structure)."

I smell Div, Bde, and, possibly even, unit Cadpat badges acomin'

Like this?

http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/insignia/formations/cefform.htm

Of course we will also need subdued IR Divisional and formation patches as well for deployments  ;)

.....great.......now all the big brains need to do is find us some flying suits on which to put said flags......

Eye In The Sky said:

MAJONES said:
.....great.......now all the big brains need to do is find us some flying suits on which to put said flags......

If we were to ask down south, we could probably get all we need from their spare inventory stocks.....but of *course* we'll need a Canadian-specific solution for jobs' sake. 

The USAF 2-piece ones (where the shirt isn't tucked into the pants) are pretty comfy  :nod:

Glad to see we have our priorities straight. Some many far more important things then this nonsense.

Thucydides said:
Of course we will also need subdued IR Divisional ... patches as well for deployments

All in subtly different shades of olive green?

And senior officers everywhere will become most indignant when somebody guesses the wrong division...

Loachman said:
And senior officers everywhere will become most indignant when somebody guesses the wrong division...

When the RAAF decided to reorganize the Airfield Defence Guards, MPs, etc. into Security Forces Squadrons, apparently they had a bit of an argument as to what the patches would look like. 

The result?  "1 SECFOR" in one colour (blue or red, can't remember) and "2 SECFOR" in the other colour.  Seemed like a bit of a joke at the time but now it seems to make sense  ;)

Dimsum said:
Honest question:  Velcro-backed or sewn onto the suits?

Velcro.  The new(r) ACE jackets are Velcro flag as well.

I'm surprised (well, not really) that there aren't unit patches on CADPAT, similar to the arm pocket patches on the Arid pattern in Afghanistan.

They're coming as well; Sqn patches for CADPAT.  I haven't seen any yet but they are supposedly on the way. 

Side-track (also an honest question):  Are we allowed to wear unit ball caps everywhere with CADPAT/flying clothing now?

Depending on who you ask I guess and what Wing you're on.  :D  We can wear them in Sqn lines/flight line no questions, there are varying thoughts on if we can wear them between say, Hornell and 11 Hgr, but definitely not to be seen once you leave the GRA.

MAJONES said:

One of the guys has the new ACE type one, so the new stuff must be starting to trickle in.  They have the same black zipper pulls as the ACE jacket, the Velcro goes back -> front and the back is the same style as the jacket as well. 

Eye In The Sky said:
They're coming as well; Sqn patches for CADPAT.  I haven't seen any yet but they are supposedly on the way. 

BGen Loos wore them on Op Nanook '13:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=503705263039373&set=pb.222493134493922.-2207520000.1387247501.&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-prn1%2F1148824_503705263039373_698662569_n.jpg&size=960%2C601

Back