• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Paintball Over The Years Thread

Would you be interested in forming a paintball team in Edmonton, Alberta?

• YES... - IF I LIVED IN EDMONTON

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • YES...and I do live in Edmonton

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • NO

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Troopasaurus

Reaction score
I am an avid paintball player and was wondering on joining the reg force would i be able to continue playing and bring my marker on to the base ? also do any bases have teams i know RMC offers a paintball team

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

hey Aurora,

Don‘t let BestoftheBest bug ya :rolleyes: . There‘s probably paintball teams on some bases, it‘s a pretty common sport so there must be some people who play it on base. And if not, you can always start a team of your own. The CF strives to encourage fitness in its members, so they‘d probably support you all the way.

I don‘t know for sure, but it makes sense.

It‘d be a good training tool for the army to use. :D
:cdn:

The 32 brigade chaplain gave our BMQ course a speech, and during the talk she mentioned that although chaplains are not permitted to use/handle/train on weapons in the CF (beyond an initial familiarization with the C7 in case they have to make one safe), one Toronto area unit‘s chaplain (which one she didn‘t mention) was the top paintball shot for that regiment‘s paintball team.

If the chaplains can play paintball, I‘m sure you can too!

Any of you ever try airsoft?
Now, I want to get into that!
Something about being able to purchase This Legally....

Do your homework, you will discover that Airsoft and like products are somewhat shunned in certain law enforcement circles for civilian use. But there is a huge following if you have coin, time and learn how to deal with regulations.

I have trained with them and they are awesome.

Speaking of which, any MP types remember those funky plastic bullets with the spring in them. They where a hoot, only had a chance to run a CQB range once in Gagtown, but it was enjoyed by all. The SM didn‘t think we should be doing stuff like that and had a little chat with me to cease and decist. The neighboring police agencies had no prob using my services however. Ironic how the odd MP accidently went through those ranges as well.

Harry, you never cease to amaze! I‘ve enjoyed all of your posts, but must admit, noting your angst towards frivoulous topics - am surprised to see you joining in on this one. I saw "paintball" and figured hooboy... some of the guys are going to climb all over this one....keep up the good work. I‘m going to go and give you an extra vote...
:warstory:

Well, obviously they are shunned. But right now it‘s a grey area. As long as the muzzle velocity is less than 500fps, they‘re not considered firearms. But, they do get scratched by the replica laws.. As it stands, they are not considered prohibited. The general consensus is that you keep it out of sight until you get to your private field (some paintball fields allow it), don‘t play in public areas.. I know it would scare the **** out of me to see some kids running around with what looks like real firearms..

thx for your help and i was wondering can i bring my paintball marker (politicly correct term for paintball gun it has a max of 300 fps on it) onto the base such as keeping with the rest of my kit then taking to the field (private such as MR paintball in calgary) then back onto the base or would i have to leave it with my parents till i get my own house ?
thx in advance if anyone is intested in getting into the sport of paintball i can point you into the direction of some good sites.

Please excuse this naive question, but what exactly is Airsoft? It sounds VERY cool. :sniper:

Airsoft is kind of like paintballing, except instead of shooting paintballs you shoot small plastic BB‘s. They‘re all under 500 feet per second (otherwise in Canada, they‘d be considered a firearm), so as long as you‘re wearing goggles and some other protection, they won‘t hurt you.. They‘ll just sting.

The really neat thing about airsoft is that a lot of the weapons look very realistic. So, basically, If you can‘t get a real replica (replica weapons are prohibited) and can‘t get the real weapon (i.e. it‘s prohibited, or very expensice) you can get an airosft version...

Thanks, that sounds like a lot of fun. I‘m probably not old enough being 15 to do it, but what‘dya gonna do, right?

Anybody here play hardcore paintball? I mean speedball OR rec (bushball) I‘m Captain of Blue Thunder from Hamilton ON. I shoot a 2K3 E-bladed Outkast. Anyone else? My MSN is iwillbunkeru@hotmail.com

I just quit like a month ago. Was captain of Arsenal out of London, 3 man rookie, won a couple tournys, shot a speed. Just didnt have the time or the money to play this season, Im heading to basic this summer so right now my life is pretty much running/gym/pushups lol.

I used to play paintball awhile ago, nothing like "hardcore", just for fun on some weekends. But now I‘m into airsoft, I like it a lot more than Paintball too.

AHA!
I KNEW IT WAS YOU DNA!!!!!!!
I still do paintball, but much much more into airsoft.
futuretroopie: don‘t tell me it‘s you that I recruited off of pbnation not too long ago?
I use to own a trix till I got out of the tourny scene, now I just rent whenever I do play. I might pick up another led trix with an ardvark gator trigger, and possibly a arddy bolt or some type of new bolt.
Greg

Back